Opinion For everyone who doesn’t buy the Thompson injury

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
True, but better Burto puts him down than the other way Around . . . Great use of the body by Burton in my opinion
I don't have any problem with Burton's action at all. I honestly just feel for players that get head knocks even though he put himself in that position. That's Rugby League I suppose hence the reason I say player's are worth more than minimum wage. Purely for that alone.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I will Agree with Thompson being paid too much.
But to suggest he isn’t worthy of a starting role in our side is ridiculous. Everyone looked rubbish under Baz. Thompson has showed glimpses of being a world class prop.

i have conversations with mates who aren’t dogs fans and there were stages where we all agreed that if Thompson was in a decent side he would be a top 5 prop.
Fair enough he may be worthy of a starting role. Top 5 prop? Book in an MRI asap.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Wether we agree if he's overpaid or not, it's not Thompsons fault he was offered the deal and accepted it. Everything that's happened so far is water under the bridge as far as I'm concerned as the team has turned the corner.
When Thompson returns if his form isnt up to standard and he misses tackles through arm grabbing, then the writing will be on the wall. But I think we all owe him the benefit of the doubt for at least a month upon his return.
No. He owes us after that Belmore game and many others

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't have any problem with Burton's action at all. I honestly just feel for players that get head knocks even though he put himself in that position. That's Rugby League I suppose hence the reason I say player's are worth more than minimum wage. Purely for that alone.
Goes with the territory, no use waiting to be a victim though, i wouldn't go as far as to call it a preemptive strike, but it's definitely affirmative action and in a gladiatorial sport,that's just common sense imo

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
People slating Thompson are stupid, in the Baz reign he was one of the very few players who actually performed for the shirt and played some brilliant games, I remember the game vs sharks last year he was our best, just because we have won a few now doesnt mean thats because thompson isnt playing lol, Thompson is a brilliant prop, having him starting and interchanging with King/Tpj/Vaughan will only make us better

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
People slating Thompson are stupid, in the Baz reign he was one of the very few players who actually performed for the shirt and played some brilliant games, I remember the game vs sharks last year he was our best, just because we have won a few now doesnt mean thats because thompson isnt playing lol, Thompson is a brilliant prop, having him starting and interchanging with King/Tpj/Vaughan will only make us better
Yup he can take Stimson minutes

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Thommo goes hard and can play long minutes. He never shirks and plays well above his weight

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Meh!! He Can go too.

J_Cooper

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He may have a few good hit ups here and there but he’s been costly several times in defence and also with errors. He doesn’t really have them effort plays in defence and seems lazy sometimes. Not to mention the huge salary he is on which could be used a lot better somewhere else.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I will Agree with Thompson being paid too much.
But to suggest he isn’t worthy of a starting role in our side is ridiculous. Everyone looked rubbish under Baz. Thompson has showed glimpses of being a world class prop.

i have conversations with mates who aren’t dogs fans and there were stages where we all agreed that if Thompson was in a decent side he would be a top 5 prop.
It's just that he's been asked to be a play 1 prop for us where he's not physically equipped to take that role on. I reckon he'd be pretty effective as our "Lock" with King and TPJ as our front rowers.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't think so!!
Yes he has played the occasional very good game, however he really only shows up once every three games where he plays ok, the other two games he is as lazy as fuck.
When you are paying a player $800k a season. No team can afford that level of inconsistency in the team's highest paid player.

jake6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It's just that he's been asked to be a play 1 prop for us where he's not physically equipped to take that role on. I reckon he'd be pretty effective as our "Lock" with King and TPJ as our front rowers.
that game vs Sharks where he destroyed them. That is what he is capable of

The Dominator

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If we could have brought him on for the last 30 against the Tigpies it would have been very interesting to see how he would have gone. Once physical dominance has been asserted he may be more effective. However that's not what we are paying him for and he has performed well short of the price tag. Bench player from now on IMO

H-dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t think he has even been conditioned properly for the wrestle in NRL, hopefully we get a proper conditioner in this off season and see what he can do

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think so!!
Yes he has played the occasional very good game, however he really only shows up once every three games where he plays ok, the other two games he is as lazy as fuck.
When you are paying a player $800k a season. No team can afford that level of inconsistency in the team's highest paid player.
you say he was lazy but he was running normally plus 100 metres every week and playing big minutes, the same people you d have called lazy in our pack at the start of the year are now performing under a better coach, Thommo would be the same, hes a quality prop