Opinion For everyone who doesn’t buy the Thompson injury

Bulldogs fan

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If Thompson plays against us and we lose. I think it’s fair to put all the blame on him

Dawain87

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I actually believe Thommo has concussion and probably a serious version of it.
I can't find him in any social media posts from the boys. The last two games hes posted a screenshot of the final score and "YTB" captions.

I've watched the last two games and cannot find him either on the sidelines or in the sheds celebrating with the boys which makes me think he may not even be in the country - Gus does have connections over in the states and if the injury is serious he may look at using those connections to get a second opinion.

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When Thompson started for us he was good,when Baz became coach the whole team regressed all
Individually and collectively .
But I opened my eyes up when potter coached the team to their strengths ,the players looked happier and each player looks like they have a purpose .
Thompson has a purpose while he is still with us while potter is coach.
Let’s wait and see how he plays before we play Judge Dredd on the hate train.
Well said. We might need him.

jake6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I will Agree with Thompson being paid too much.
But to suggest he isn’t worthy of a starting role in our side is ridiculous. Everyone looked rubbish under Baz. Thompson has showed glimpses of being a world class prop.

i have conversations with mates who aren’t dogs fans and there were stages where we all agreed that if Thompson was in a decent side he would be a top 5 prop.

jake6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
SEN had a little dig at Burton saying he would’ve been suspended of origin wasnt on the line.
I could be wrong (haven’t revisited the footage) but to me both Twals feet left the ground putting him at the mercy of gravity. He grabbed hold of Burton bringing Burton down on top of him and Burton basically just braces himself

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
SEN had a little dig at Burton saying he would’ve been suspended of origin wasnt on the line.
I could be wrong (haven’t revisited the footage) but to me both Twals feet left the ground putting him at the mercy of gravity. He grabbed hold of Burton bringing Burton down on top of him and Burton basically just braces himself
Its a non-issue with or without Origin.

The grub tried to man handle Burton and dragged him down onto his head.

He tried to hurt him but got hurt himself, fuck him.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Keep hoping because he is going nowhere
I appreciate your friends or something with him so I won’t slander him but surely you would admit his form/pay is massively out of value.

Is he carrying any injuries that are effecting? The Baz saga more to it? Missing home? Is there something besides us being Fucking useless all bar 3 games this year (2 he’s missed) to why he has been so underwhelming?

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Those ***** have no idea lol. If that was the case they would have fined him.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Its a non-issue with or without Origin.

The grub tried to man handle Burton and dragged him down onto his head.

He tried to hurt him but got hurt himself, fuck him.
Exactly. What no one has said so far. Kimmorely is a former 7 and he knows how important it is to pressure Burton. It would have 100% been a directive to take him to the ground on every kick.

Last edited:

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I appreciate your friends or something with him so I won’t slander him but surely you would admit his form/pay is massively out of value.

Is he carrying any injuries that are effecting? The Baz saga more to it? Missing home? Is there something besides us being Fucking useless all bar 3 games this year (2 he’s missed) to why he has been so underwhelming?
Wether we agree if he's overpaid or not, it's not Thompsons fault he was offered the deal and accepted it. Everything that's happened so far is water under the bridge as far as I'm concerned as the team has turned the corner.
When Thompson returns if his form isnt up to standard and he misses tackles through arm grabbing, then the writing will be on the wall. But I think we all owe him the benefit of the doubt for at least a month upon his return.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Wether we agree if he's overpaid or not, it's not Thompsons fault he was offered the deal and accepted it. Everything that's happened so far is water under the bridge as far as I'm concerned as the team has turned the corner.
When Thompson returns if his form isnt up to standard and he misses tackles through arm grabbing, then the writing will be on the wall. But I think we all owe him the benefit of the doubt for at least a month upon his return.
I guess that’s where we see things different.

He was paid probably more then tpj and certainly Jac. He should be leading by example week in week out. Not accepting jersey grabbing or arm grabbing or any of that shit from someone in nrl. Especially a bloke paid to be a leader.

I agree he deserves a chance to show us with a team having a dig but as I said that’s why I’m asking his mate if he was carrying something, mental issues missing home etc or if he simply had issues with Baz and packed it in.

Not saying that is acceptable. Just trying to understand because what we have seen for all bar maybe 1-2 games is a below average nrl player.

I’ll clarify though I don’t blame him for his pay packet. Offer me the $ I’ll sign the contract and be 1000000 x worse lol.

Just more from a fan looking in it’s not being harsh to call it as it is.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I will Agree with Thompson being paid too much.
But to suggest he isn’t worthy of a starting role in our side is ridiculous. Everyone looked rubbish under Baz. Thompson has showed glimpses of being a world class prop.

i have conversations with mates who aren’t dogs fans and there were stages where we all agreed that if Thompson was in a decent side he would be a top 5 prop.
Top 5 prop he is not even the best prop in our team. You and your mates are fried bro..Papali'i, NAS, AFB, JFH, Haas Tapine, Paulo, Bromwich, JWH, Cotter, Collins, Stefano,Taukeiaho, Welch....Thommo is nowhere near any of these guys but is paid more.