Opinion For everyone who doesn’t buy the Thompson injury

The Dog House

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Alex Twal has now been ruled out for the season due to his head knock against us. After a concussion, most players are back after 2-3 weeks, but some are simply just longer. Luke Thompson symptoms were delayed, so there’s a good chance he did more damage to it before even realising. He’ll be back

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
That's bad luck for Twal.. I hope he can recover well. He's a player I have a lot of respect for..

I agree with your point about Thompson and said the same when he was first ruled out.. Concussions affect everyone differently and have varying degrees of severity. I'm glad more clubs are being cautious and looking after the players because the long term effects can be very serious. Hopefully Thompson can recover soon.

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When Thompson started for us he was good,when Baz became coach the whole team regressed all
Individually and collectively .
But I opened my eyes up when potter coached the team to their strengths ,the players looked happier and each player looks like they have a purpose .
Thompson has a purpose while he is still with us while potter is coach.
Let’s wait and see how he plays before we play Judge Dredd on the hate train.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree he is over paid. But he has been badly managed due to necessity. He is only a back rower who was forced to play as a prop.
He has more ability than a few others in the team.
I was 1 of many who kept saying that Averillo should be palyed FB but Barrett for what ever reason didn't or wouldn't do it.
In fact I thought Avo need a full season in CC at FB, instead it "appears" he has been an instant success of it.
I have also posted many times that Thompson would be much better for us in the 2nd row, guess we can wait for when/if he comes back where Potter plays him.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
That Zub Twal made his bed now sleep in it. He tried to hurt Burton and the dud hurt himself.

Zero sympathy tbh. Not going to pretend I care about an opposition player doing a grubby act then getting hurt.

What if the zub did hurt Burton?

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Should be medically retired if it that’s bad. He can go back home and play there in the future if he’s up to it.
If he's not playing due to concussion with the stigma it has there should be grounds to medically retire him, saying that we aren't Souths who can magically do things at the drop of a hat. I don't wish anything bad on the guy, I just think he is way over paid and needs to get off our books so we can move forward for once.

We are lucky that Burton defended himself otherwise it could have easily turned into a very messy situation.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
That Zub Twal made his bed now sleep in it. He tried to hurt Burton and the dud hurt himself.

Zero sympathy tbh. Not going to pretend I care about an opposition player doing a grubby act then getting hurt.

Matt had his arm extended protecting himself from Twal and Burton was looking away, then his hand landed on Twal's chin and knocked Twal out. All throughout you could see Twal had a hold of Burton and his upper arm/shoulder, this locked Burton's extended arm in place, it was a natural defensive position.

Then last night, that cunt Paul Kent says Burton knew where Twal's head was and kept his hand there on purpose.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Matt had his arm extended protecting himself from Twal and Burton was looking away, then his hand landed on Twal's chin and knocked Twal out. All throughout you could see Twal had a hold of Burton and his upper arm/shoulder, this locked Burton's extended arm in place, it was a natural defensive position.

Then last night, that **** Paul Kent says Burton knew where Twal's head was and kept his hand there on purpose.
Paul **** can go fuck himself the miserable ****.

Did he cry when that nufo **** looked back and kicked Burton in the face? Or did he conveniently not mention that?

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
He was nearly vice captain, when he was on, he was on.