Opinion For everyone who doesn’t buy the Thompson injury

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
For the NRL to medially retire a player that player firstly has to agree to be medically retired. Does anyone really think that Thompson would agree to be medially retired at this time, after one incident, maybe if it was multiples.

Always a Bulldog
No chance he would choose to and miss out on his last big pay packet, Dogs need to do a GI/Burgess special.

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That Zub Twal made his bed now sleep in it. He tried to hurt Burton and the dud hurt himself.

Zero sympathy tbh. Not going to pretend I care about an opposition player doing a grubby act then getting hurt.

What if the zub did hurt Burton?
The best part of it was Burto giving Twal the what the fuck are you doing look afterwrds.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
No chance he would choose to and miss out on his last big pay packet, Dogs need to do a GI/Burgess special.
They both agreed/requested to be medically retired.

Always a Bulldog

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Thompson is not a backrower ffs. For whatever little upside people perceive in attack, defensively he would become a bigger liabilty than slippery floors in supermarkets or uneven footpaths in Ryde
Looks like he doesnt have a big future then. He certainly is not a prop.

Philistine

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Now I can add "zub" to my vocabulary. This makes around 150 (I haven't counted them) words I know for the male organ.

I know there are people on here with a thirst for knowledge, particularly about the important stuff. In some circles the virile member is known as a "willy". This dates back to World War One when the men in the trenches were anxious to show proper respect to Kaiser Wilhelm.

I'll show myself out.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Thompson is gone, believe what you like, he didnt even have an HIA or head knock in his last game, the concussion story is the best to make up no one can see inside his melon and say bullshit... Twal was knocked the fuck out with a long history of head knocks

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Remember he skipped his first game because he wasnt ready?
Maybe he is scared?
Maybe cut the link if thats it?
Maybe he can't beat Covid?

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why is everyone death riding Thompson? He’s only had two games under Potter and who knows how he’ll improve under the new coach?

Dawain87

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thompson has always looked the goods behind a forward pack that's going over the advantage line and playing adlib football.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He was nearly vice captain, when he was on, he was on.
Would like to see how he would go today.. he had had some quality games and if he could provide that quality In most games he is definitely an asset.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
That's bad luck for Twal.. I hope he can recover well. He's a player I have a lot of respect for..

I agree with your point about Thompson and said the same when he was first ruled out.. Concussions affect everyone differently and have varying degrees of severity. I'm glad more clubs are being cautious and looking after the players because the long term effects can be very serious. Hopefully Thompson can recover soon.
Agreed mate, one of the pin-up boys of the NHL Sidney Crosby has missed 108 games due to concussions and head injuries, needs to be taken very seriously…