News Footy star Brett Finch charged with child abuse material

Greenmachine121

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I think child abuse should be life , but murder is murder and should be death penalty . You killing someone you have made them ceased to exist , you right to live should be forfeited.
I’m ok with that
They also shouldn’t be allowed protective custody in Jail , they didn’t show any concern for their victims so why do we allow them protection in jail

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think child abuse should be life , but murder is murder and should be death penalty . You killing someone you have made them ceased to exist , you right to live should be forfeited.
And what about when child abuse victims take their own lives because of it.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All this bullshit about innocent until proven guilty is total and utter fucking bullshit, the **** obviously got caught out or there wouldn’t be a charge of such extreme evilness. May he rot in hell the scum bag. Any human that can harm another human let alone a child ffs deserves the death penalty. No ifs or buts. Absaloute scum of the earth…. Sorry guys I’m passionate about this stuff, if he is found guilty I’ll be the first to pay someone to knock his head in jail. SCUM!

Dogsville

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
a sick bastard that should be put away for life. just hope no other high profile NRL people in his close group. There are no excuses for this behaviour.

Greenmachine121

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
And what about when child abuse victims take their own lives because of it.
Abuse and rape victims get to
All this bullshit about innocent until proven guilty is total and utter fucking bullshit, the **** obviously got caught out or there wouldn’t be a charge of such extreme evilness. May he rot in hell the scum bag. Any human that can harm another human let alone a child ffs deserves the death penalty. No ifs or buts. Absaloute scum of the earth…. Sorry guys I’m passionate about this stuff, if he is found guilty I’ll be the first to pay someone to knock his head in jail. SCUM!
100000000000000 %

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Didnt he have court the other day?
Due in court January 11

Last year we had a paedophile in our street charged (the 2nd in 12 years!). The local paper printed a couple of stories before there was a media ban put on it. It was only after he was sentenced that we found out what happened. Perhaps the same thing has happened here.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
That’s crazy I remember a few years back Ray Hadley taking him under his wing after he admitted and started his journey as a recovering drugs alcohol ect and Ray gave him a crack in the Continuous call team show to give him a step up and I remember thinking good on Ray and good on Brett hopefully he gets his life back on track but he obviously has a lot of demons but didn’t picture this one..

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Im a bit surprised he's been named at this early stage.

It sounds a bit familiar to that journalist that got done a few years ago.
I agree with that on a legal basis could become a drama.

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Still silence .. mates protecting mates.
probably unable to talk about it due to it being an ongoing legal situation? if his lawyer adjourned for whatever reason or something then there's also no news to report either. It'll come out once he's properly convicted (it's still also and 'if' he's convicted at this point) what he's been up to i'm sure. the media don't miss an opportunity to cover an ex footballer who's going to jail. personally i think he 'll cop a stay inside because he wouldnt have been named if there wasnt overwhelming evidence

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
probably unable to talk about it due to it being an ongoing legal situation? if his lawyer adjourned for whatever reason or something then there's also no news to report either. It'll come out once he's properly convicted (it's still also and 'if' he's convicted at this point) what he's been up to i'm sure. the media don't miss an opportunity to cover an ex footballer who's going to jail. personally i think he 'll cop a stay inside because he wouldnt have been named if there wasnt overwhelming evidence
Appreciate the feedback bro. You have valid points and I guess because I was coming from an emotional point of view as opposed to using judgement and understanding due process I went off.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Video emerges revealing Finch was set to coach an under 16s rugby league team before arrest

A video has emerged revealing fallen ex-NRL star Brett Finch was set to coach an under 16s rugby league team before he was arrested and charged after allegedly commenting on child abuse material.

The video, obtained byNews Corp, reportedly surfaced on Wednesday in which Finch announced he would be joining the coaching staff of a Coogee Wombats junior rugby league team.

“G’day guys, Brett Finch here… really excited that I am going to be a part of the Coogee Wombats under 16’s coaching staff for season 2022,” Finch said in the video.

“I’m really looking forward to being a part of the continued success you have already had. I hope you are training nice and hard in the off-season.

“Any team I have been a part of, I have really enjoyed the selfless attitude, the team work ethic and a team first attitude. I’m looking forward to have that part of the team next year. It should be great fun.

“Thank you guys for having me.

“I know I am going to work as hard as I can to help you guys be the best players and the best team you can. I’m certainly looking forward to you guys helping me as much as I can improve as a coach as well.

“Really looking forward to 2022, go the mighty Wombats and I’ll see you at training soon.”

President of the Coogee Wombats, Scott Bramham, confirmed to News Corp that he had seen the video of Finch but said he has no official link to the club.

“He hasn’t registered to be a coach at our club, and as far as I know he hasn’t done a level one coaching course at our club,” he said.

The 40-year-old was arrested on Tuesday morning and charged with five counts of using a carriage service to transmit, publish or promote child abuse material.

Finch was one of eight men arrested as part of the Strike Force Hank investigation.

He was granted conditional bail to appear on Tuesday, January 11 at Sutherland Local Court.

Finch’s bail conditions ban him from being around young children and from accessing social media or the internet, according to the Daily Mail.

Additionally, Finch cannot ‘communicate or attempt to communicate’ with any person under the age of 16 years, other than immediate family members.

The court order reportedly restricts him from going anywhere near places frequented by children, including video arcades, playgrounds, schools, child care facilities, concerts or sporting venues.

The former Raiders, Roosters, Eels and Storm playmaker was spotted leaving his Sans Souci home on Wednesday with his wife, Elli Johnson — daughter of AFL great Wayne Johnson — by his side.
The pair met while Finch was playing for the Melbourne Storm and were married in 2018. They have a two-year-old daughter.

Finch was set to host a show on SEN Radio on Wednesday afternoon, but those plans were cancelled with the station revealing talks over a contract extension had now ended too.

“Well, Brett Finch did some work with us this year on 1170 SEN and we had been in dialogue regarding 2022 until yesterday,” Afternoons host Julian King said in an on-air statement.

“Like everyone we are shocked and extremely concerned by those reports and have ceased those discussions accordingly.

“We will allow the court process to take its course and it would be inappropriate to make any further comment while the legal system runs its course.”

Finch recently featured on popular rugby league podcast, Bloke in a Bar. The podcast has since released a statement.

“It has come to our attention that a guest on Bloke in a Bar podcasts has been charged with offences in his personal capacity. We had no idea nor knowledge of these allegations,” an Instagram post said.

“We want to make it clear that these allegations against the individual are terrible and not what Bloke is about. Bloke will continue to be a positive force in the rugby league and sporting community.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Former NRL star Brett Finch has been hit with fresh charges over allegations he used a sex hotline to make available child abuse material