News Footy is back on May 28th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
ESPN, Sky Sports... the major broadcasters who get first hand information as they pay the big bucks? Just like Channel 9 and Fox get the first insight into any news with NRL. That’s number 1.

Number 2. Now that they have a vision, they have a meeting on Friday to discuss this with the stakeholders (the actual clubs). If in agreement (with whatever is proposed), then I guess it’s the next step, whatever that is (training arrangements, games, stadiums etc etc).

I won’t be writing essays in each post to make sure others don’t take it the wrong way. If they want to throw in garbage, I throw it right back. I never started the garbage. If you think so, then good for you. Just saying too
Checked out ESPN like you said and got the below link:
https://www.espn.com/soccer/english...s-june-6-return-to-action-behind-closed-doors

You had a sly dig at me for giving the DailyFail article saying it's just clickbait. Asking about official statements. Remember that?

You've just giving a link to an article that states "with sources telling ESPN that clubs in the EFL are working towards June 6 as a date for the return of competitive action". No official statement. Nothing. Just sources tell them. And this is what you're basing this on?

The official statement on this, which I supplied earlier, simply said what I said. No training at the middle of May, and they'll see what happens in the future. The meeting this Friday is indeed to talk about football related matters, but no date has been decided on as of yet. Looking at the current situation it'll be interesting to see whether the EPL does come out with an exact date.

So ... the BIG statement you've made is based on clickbait articles with NO official statement. You've slagged off me for providing apparent clickbait articles. But at the very least I've give the last OFFICIAL statement on this matter.

Get that you're trying to make a point on this. Fine. Just stop being a hypocrite with the way you're talking to Basil and others who've only asked you to further back up your points. And I can see why they have as when you do it's easy to see there're holes all through your story (see above).

Btw. I couldn't find anything on Sky Sports saying that's the return date, and I read them all the time. That's where I got the official statement from though ...

A further point ... no where in that article does it state that the EPL is starting with the dates you said. Just the EFL .... so ....

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Checked out ESPN like you said and got the below link:
https://www.espn.com/soccer/english...s-june-6-return-to-action-behind-closed-doors

You had a sly dig at me for giving the DailyFail article saying it's just clickbait. Asking about official statements. Remember that?

You've just giving a link to an article that states "with sources telling ESPN that clubs in the EFL are working towards June 6 as a date for the return of competitive action". No official statement. Nothing. Just sources tell them. And this is what you're basing this on?

The official statement on this, which I supplied earlier, simply said what I said. No training at the middle of May, and they'll see what happens in the future. The meeting this Friday is indeed to talk about football related matters, but no date has been decided on as of yet. Looking at the current situation it'll be interesting to see whether the EPL does come out with an exact date.

So ... the BIG statement you've made is based on clickbait articles with NO official statement. You've slagged off me for providing apparent clickbait articles. But at the very least I've give the last OFFICIAL statement on this matter.

Get that you're trying to make a point on this. Fine. Just stop being a hypocrite with the way you're talking to Basil and others who've only asked you to further back up your points. And I can see why they have as when you do it's easy to see there're holes all through your story (see above).

Btw. I couldn't find anything on Sky Sports saying that's the return date, and I read them all the time. That's where I got the official statement from though ...

A further point ... no where in that article does it state that the EPL is starting with the dates you said. Just the EFL .... so ....
You’re comparing Daily Mail to ESPN?

Next you’ll compare Estonian News to RT.

Anyway, just noticed articles stating the Prem League put a gag order on their Broadcasters about when it’s starting. Wow. Now I can’t find the article from Sky. Hmmmmm I wonder what happened there

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You’re comparing Daily Mail to ESPN?

Next you’ll compare Estonian News to RT.

Anyway, just noticed articles stating the Prem League put a gag order on their Broadcasters about when it’s starting. Wow. Now I can’t find the article from Sky. Hmmmmm I wonder what happened there
This is the thing Sleeky.

You throw opinions out which is great. Everyone has their own views on things. Entitled to. But you've gotta back it up mate. As much as you seemingly dislike @Bazildog that's all he was asking. Back it up.

All I've done is simply question the basis of what you're stating, which has proven to be anything but correct. The article is saying "sources" which is as good as nothing. (BTW Sky Sports does the exact same thing all the time and everyone laughs at how off they are with news). I'm not throwing names at you or slagging you off. Admitedly I have in the past. But not this time.

However, all you do is dodge the point. Try to give alternate examples. Throw names around like Estonian News etc. Tried to belittle my point by twisting what I'm saying about ESPN and the DailyFail. Then come out with stuff about JUST noticing that the EPL has put a gag order on when it's starting. Really? And you then try to use that as a demonstration that it somehow backed up your views?

If this is true about the 'gagging order' though it's hard to know as you never provide any links to confirm you statements. If this is true then I'd say it's more likely in place because the situation is changing so often in england it'd be absolutely bad judgement by them considering the mounting deaths in England.

I'll leave it at that mate and won't play along to your dribble anymore. I was honestly hoping I was wrong as I'd love to see Liverpool win the EPL this year. Should've known you were talking out of your arse. Like usual.

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
This is the thing Sleeky.

You throw opinions out which is great. Everyone has their own views on things. Entitled to. But you've gotta back it up mate. As much as you seemingly dislike @Bazildog that's all he was asking. Back it up.

All I've done is simply question the basis of what you're stating, which has proven to be anything but correct. The article is saying "sources" which is as good as nothing. (BTW Sky Sports does the exact same thing all the time and everyone laughs at how off they are with news). I'm not throwing names at you or slagging you off. Admitedly I have in the past. But not this time.

However, all you do is dodge the point. Try to give alternate examples. Throw names around like Estonian News etc. Tried to belittle my point by twisting what I'm saying about ESPN and the DailyFail. Then come out with stuff about JUST noticing that the EPL has put a gag order on when it's starting. Really? And you then try to use that as a demonstration that it somehow backed up your views?

If this is true about the 'gagging order' though it's hard to know as you never provide any links to confirm you statements. If this is true then I'd say it's more likely in place because the situation is changing so often in england it'd be absolutely bad judgement by them considering the mounting deaths in England.

I'll leave it at that mate and won't play along to your dribble anymore. I was honestly hoping I was wrong as I'd love to see Liverpool win the EPL this year. Should've known you were talking out of your arse. Like usual.
You’re creating a huge problem for yourself Yugoslav Steve.

So you’re saying, that if you ever post anything factual you will post the link with it? Do you even work for a living? Or just hang around kids?

As for the gag order articles, there’s plenty. You have plenty of time on your hands, start typing

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You’re creating a huge problem for yourself Yugoslav Steve.

So you’re saying, that if you ever post anything factual you will post the link with it? Do you even work for a living? Or just hang around kids?

As for the gag order articles, there’s plenty. You have plenty of time on your hands, start typing
You're not trying to bait me now, are you Sleeky? With the Slovak and kids references. Haha. Good for you mate.

Those days are over for me mate. You're more than welcome to continue it. Know most people would've have enough of this conversation some time ago.

As I said mate. I'm done. Anyone worth their salt will make the own judgement and I don't need to say anything more.

Take care now. Great to have you back. Thanks for doing that. You were missed! :grinning:

Btw. As usual you're twisting things. The point about me asking for the articles / link is that you stated something and people simply asked you to back that up with something a bit more factual. You didn't. Not hard to understand, is it? And you still haven't backed anything you've said up ....

Oh, just in case you forgot .... I'm on lockdown mate. Have been for a month. No work. So yes, I've got time on my hands ;)

Last edited:

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
You're not trying to bait me now, are you Sleeky? With the Slovak and kids references. Haha. Good for you mate.

Those days are over for me mate. You're more than welcome to continue it. Know most people would've have enough of this conversation some time ago.

As I said mate. I'm done. Anyone worth their salt will make the own judgement and I don't need to say anything more.

Take care now. Great to have you back. Thanks for doing that. You were missed! :grinning:

Btw. As usual you're twisting things. The point about me asking for the articles / link is that you stated something and people simply asked you to back that up with something a bit more factual. You didn't. Not hard to understand, is it? And you still haven't backed anything you've said up ....

Oh, just in case you forgot .... I'm on lockdown mate. Have been for a month. No work. So yes, I've got time on my hands ;)
The sky looks blue.. oh wait, I didn’t put a link up. I must be wrong. Go write another 10 page essay on that to keep you occupied.

Have fun in lockdown. I’m going to work, someone needs to

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The sky looks blue.. oh wait, I didn’t put a link up. I must be wrong. Go write another 10 page essay on that to keep you occupied.

Have fun in lockdown. I’m going to work, someone needs to
Enjoy work Buddy. Sure wish I could be doing the same but that's out of my hands ...

As for the rest, you're right. I do talk to much. Especially with you. Sometimes I feel one can make a statue see sense, but the reality is it's best just to move on and let idiots be idiots ...

Take care mate. Good luck with it all

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Time for the nrl to die,where did all the money go ,why didn't the game improve. Why constantly did they let the media shit on them ? Then bow down and start some committee to look good for a bunch of people who don't even give a fuck about the game .
Rugby league will survive but it's time to cut that cancer out called the nrl and get back to footy
1 ref play to the whistle we don't need a bunker, a video ref and a panel of commentators to analyze every play at every angle at every speed .it's a simple game why did they overcomplicate it

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Time for the nrl to die,where did all the money go ,why didn't the game improve. Why constantly did they let the media shit on them ? Then bow down and start some committee to look good for a bunch of people who don't even give a fuck about the game .
Rugby league will survive but it's time to cut that cancer out called the nrl and get back to footy
1 ref play to the whistle we don't need a bunker, a video ref and a panel of commentators to analyze every play at every angle at every speed .it's a simple game why did they overcomplicate it
That’s right, it’s supposed to be a simple fun game. Use the ball to the best of your ability to get it over the opposing line. Hopefully it can get back there in some way

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
By the time the NRL restarts there will be next to zero new cases. With no one allowed in the country there won’t be any chance for carriers to get here and any that do will get quarantined.

NRL players and other team members are going to live within a very tightly managed risk. They have been self isolating, will be in quarantine for 14 days before the season starts and they will get tested daily while the season is in progress.

The protocols are not that difficult, relatively easy to enforce and there’s ~6 weeks to put it all in place.

Go Dogs
So they will get preferential treatment because???? A lot of people who want to get tested are not being tested because they don't fall within the guidelines of having been overseas, being in contact with someone who has been overseas OR have a fever, cough and difficulty breathing. I bet a lot of others who are not able to work would love to be offered tests to clear them so they can work.

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Enjoy work Buddy. Sure wish I could be doing the same but that's out of my hands ...

As for the rest, you're right. I do talk to much. Especially with you. Sometimes I feel one can make a statue see sense, but the reality is it's best just to move on and let idiots be idiots ...

Take care mate. Good luck with it all
Finally you’ve had a look in the mirror and realised. Good on you

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So they will get preferential treatment because???? A lot of people who want to get tested are not being tested because they don't fall within the guidelines of having been overseas, being in contact with someone who has been overseas OR have a fever, cough and difficulty breathing. I bet a lot of others who are not able to work would love to be offered tests to clear them so they can work.
Depends where you live. If you live in Bondi and kick your little toe and think you have the virus, you can just pop on down the road and have a test no worries.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Finally you’ve had a look in the mirror and realised. Good on you
I don't need to look in the mirror to realise I'm amazing mate. Know it already. But did just now look and realised you're right. I'm definitely more than just amazing. Made my day. Thanks for the tip. As always your input is greatly appreciated. Thank you legend.

Let's end it here so people don't need to continually read the back-and-forth. Have a good week and let's hope you're right about the NRL and EPL

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't need to look in the mirror to realise I'm amazing mate. Know it already. But did just now look and realised you're right. I'm definitely more than just amazing. Made my day. Thanks for the tip. As always your input is greatly appreciated. Thank you legend.

Let's end it here so people don't need to continually read the back-and-forth. Have a good week and let's hope you're right about the NRL and EPL
Don’t jump into other people’s conversation and we won’t have this back and forth. Free life lesson for you there.
And let’s hope sport comes soon. I’m just happy that some sporting leagues are trying to get a start date. Gives us hope

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Don’t jump into other people’s conversation and we won’t have this back and forth. Free life lesson for you there.
And let’s hope sport comes soon. I’m just happy that some sporting leagues are trying to get a start date. Gives us hope
It's a forum pal. If you don't want people to 'jump into conversations' as you say, then have the conversation in private. No?

And to be clear. You made a statement not attached to any conversation, which I replied to. It's ok tho ...

Anyway. I know you won't change your thinking. It's ok. Each to their own. Have a good week pal and keep up the good work.

And thanks for the positive words. Always appreciated mate. Good guy you are

Status
Not open for further replies.