Food Appreciation Thread.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I went out for some teppanyaki last night - first time I tried it.

Now I was expecting your usual Japanese cuisine such as Sushi and Sashimi - non of that at all. There was a lot of other dishes though. These start you off with miso soup and some crumbed veges and seafood. Then the chef comes out and uses the griddle to cook. The way they cook the food is amazing. They make it look easy but it's actually hard for the average person to do. Our chef was in the game 49 years, so he knew what he was doing. When he was cooking the meat, he made one of those flames just ignite in front of us. You feel the heat (obviously) and hear it too. It only went on for a few seconds but was amazing. He tossed food directly from the grill for us to catch in our mouths and well luckily we managed to do it lol.

After that he tossed us a bowl and we needed to catch an egg with it. I caught the egg. My Mrs caught it too although it hit part of the rim bit a little bit of the shell cracked. The once he fried the egg the fun began. He began slicing it up and it shot at us completely disorientating us. We had to catch the slices that were coming at us with the bowl but we missed every shot lol. Most of it ended up on the floor. Luckily they are prepared for this but went around with a broom sweeping it up off the floor. When it happens the other tables around you look on lol.

Last of the mains was a bowl of rice. Hit puts the rice in a bowl, compresses it, then tosses it to you to catch. We both caught it sparing any casualties.

Final meal was a some ice cream. I had Belgian waffles and strawberries with vanilla, and Mrs had fried ice cream. Not something that you would have everyday, but it was a special occasion for us last night, happy with it.

I think moving forward though I'll stick to my love for Sushi and Sashimi :D

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
I’ve probably said this in this thread before but Pazar food Collective at Canterbury does the best Labne you will ever taste also their Smokey lamb is the best, cheese is amazing, zucchini balls home runs and smoked beetroot next level.. oh and Pide is epic

9670724C-9589-4F5C-ACEA-392F687AD957.jpeg

508A78B7-A027-4EF6-A3CB-150B2AABC23A.jpeg

A53533DE-BE43-45B7-832B-3C62D2519B35.jpeg

43D2BF40-E12F-4F69-822C-7100B4F94B6C.jpeg

Wahesh

Reaction score
Definitely want to try that place out now lol. I love Labneh that comes in the form of a little ball covered with seasoning - but would be better if they were larger than just the size of a squash ball:

1622165133254.png

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Definitely want to try that place out now lol. I love Labneh that comes in the form of a little ball covered with seasoning - but would be better if they were larger than just the size of a squash ball:

View attachment 24715
If it’s the only thing you ever get of the kennel bro is the tip to try Pazar you won’t regret it. My favourite restaurant in Sydney by a mile.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I went out for some teppanyaki last night - first time I tried it.

Now I was expecting your usual Japanese cuisine such as Sushi and Sashimi - non of that at all. There was a lot of other dishes though. These start you off with miso soup and some crumbed veges and seafood. Then the chef comes out and uses the griddle to cook. The way they cook the food is amazing. They make it look easy but it's actually hard for the average person to do. Our chef was in the game 49 years, so he knew what he was doing. When he was cooking the meat, he made one of those flames just ignite in front of us. You feel the heat (obviously) and hear it too. It only went on for a few seconds but was amazing. He tossed food directly from the grill for us to catch in our mouths and well luckily we managed to do it lol.

After that he tossed us a bowl and we needed to catch an egg with it. I caught the egg. My Mrs caught it too although it hit part of the rim bit a little bit of the shell cracked. The once he fried the egg the fun began. He began slicing it up and it shot at us completely disorientating us. We had to catch the slices that were coming at us with the bowl but we missed every shot lol. Most of it ended up on the floor. Luckily they are prepared for this but went around with a broom sweeping it up off the floor. When it happens the other tables around you look on lol.

Last of the mains was a bowl of rice. Hit puts the rice in a bowl, compresses it, then tosses it to you to catch. We both caught it sparing any casualties.

Final meal was a some ice cream. I had Belgian waffles and strawberries with vanilla, and Mrs had fried ice cream. Not something that you would have everyday, but it was a special occasion for us last night, happy with it.

I think moving forward though I'll stick to my love for Sushi and Sashimi :D
Sounds like a very unique dining experience Wahesh.

I'll be sure to take one of these with me tho.
mushie-silicone-bib-dino_1080x.jpg
Thanks for the tip :grinning:

Wahesh

Reaction score
If it’s the only thing you ever get of the kennel bro is the tip to try Pazar you won’t regret it. My favourite restaurant in Sydney by a mile.
Sounds good bro. I gather it's in Canterbury, but where abouts?

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
I’ve probably said this in this thread before but Pazar food Collective at Canterbury does the best Labne you will ever taste also their Smokey lamb is the best, cheese is amazing, zucchini balls home runs and smoked beetroot next level.. oh and Pide is epic

View attachment 24698
View attachment 24699
View attachment 24700
View attachment 24701
So

View attachment 24698
View attachment 24699
View attachment 24700
View attachment 24701
Pazar is shutting down due to not being able to get staff so you have a month or so to try the best restaurant in Sydney and it’s in Canterbury before she is gone