Food Appreciation Thread.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
My best brisket so far. Beef stock injected into it then coated in onion powder, garlic powder, cumin, paprika, salt, celery salt, pepper, chilli, cayenne pepper, mustard powder, coffee and worcestershire sauce. Marinated for 2 hours, smoked on the BBQ for about 6 hours, wrapped in foil and finished in the oven for about 3 hours, then rested tightly wrapped in foil for 2 hours.

The moment I bit into that bark and tasted the crusty goodness followed by the juicy, moist meat. You better believe I cracked a full one.

A

Alexander the Great

My best brisket so far. Beef stock injected into it then coated in onion powder, garlic powder, cumin, paprika, salt, celery salt, pepper, chilli, cayenne pepper, mustard powder, coffee and worcestershire sauce. Marinated for 2 hours, smoked on the BBQ for about 6 hours, wrapped in foil and finished in the oven for about 3 hours, then rested tightly wrapped in foil for 2 hours.

The moment I bit into that bark and tasted the crusty goodness followed by the juicy, moist meat. You better believe I cracked a full one.
I find this is pretty good also to use with my rub

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Love a good brisket... few things ive smoked myself...

What wood chips do you use normally?

View attachment 4395View attachment 4396View attachment 4397
For Brisket I use a mix of Hickory and Apple wood. Most avoid apple wood for brisket 'cause it's very mild but I find that it accompanies the hickory really well. Straight hickory tends to take over the flavour of the meat a bit.

I would like to use pecan but I can never find it in Australia.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I find this is pretty good also to use with my rub
I love making my own rubs. I find that most rubs don't use enough paprika for my liking. Paprika is my lifeblood.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The funny thing about this brisket is that I completely forgot to put brown sugar in there which I usually use. Turned out better without the sugar.

Rockford

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
Where is the best place to get the small Lebanese bread like you get on your table at Al Aseel. I remember theirs being from somewhere in Canterbury but forgot to note it down.

A

Alexander the Great

Where is the best place to get the small Lebanese bread like you get on your table at Al Aseel. I remember theirs being from somewhere in Canterbury but forgot to note it down.
Screenshot_20171127-162110.png

Prob this place bud..

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Thanks mate, I think you are right. Certainly rings a bell with me. Much appreciated.
There is a Baalbek furrnaa (oven works) in Fairfiled too if it's closer.

It's been there for about 30+ years as I was the designated bread boy for the family and my 20 packs at time lol

I get the full size for them and I always use the smaller ones.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
You and hacky fuck off would you i had a greek fucking salad for dinner looking at this shit is making me drool like fucking nothing else lol
I remember you had a shot at me when I was on a Vegan diet a few weeks ago... why didn't you get some lahme into yo bro!?

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I remember you had a shot at me when I was on a Vegan diet a few weeks ago... why didn't you get some lahme into yo bro!?
He he this was nothing to do with diet and its all that was in the fridge after long day's of work . But for my sins of a meatless dinner i will sacrifice a pig a lamb and a goat possibly while i have the blood lust i could sacrifice Clementine ford for the gristle flicker god

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
He he this was nothing to do with diet and its all that was in the fridge after long day's of work . But for my sins of a meatless dinner i will sacrifice a pig a lamb and a goat possibly while i have the blood lust i could sacrifice Clementine ford for the gristle flicker god
That's the way bro. My philosophy is the more animals on the plate, the better :grinning: