News Folau case may send Rugby Australia broke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Does anybody know what Church Folau preaches at, as I have a plan on how we can afford a new quality coach, half, hooker, prop and pay part of Latrells salary.

When he wins the court case he will deposit the damages awarded in the churches poor box.

Then we steal it.
Don't know the name, but it's his Dad's.

So good luck in stealing the money.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
who gives a shit about who/what people decide to give their money to? I'm actually quite over this whole saga now

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Are you asking, how is it sad that he's the highest fund-raiser easily beating the kids that are dying of terminal diseases?

Pretty sure his payout is more important than children living.
Not saying they don’t have worthy causes, but Izzy is fighting for more than money, he’s fighting for free speech.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Not saying they don’t have worthy causes, but Izzy is fighting for more than money, he’s fighting for free speech.
BS.

It's for the money, if it wasn't for the money, he would pay the legal fees himself.

Also he is suing for 10 million, yet his contract is worth 5 million.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hes not though. It's not free speech. He's fighting to have no repercussions for what he says. That's completely different.

More importantly, he's asking for investment for a gamble. He's asking for people to give him money so he can go to court and have a chance of winning more money.

It's people donating to gambling rather than donating to people who actually need it all to support a misguided understanding of what free speech is.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
I wonder what the bible says about beggers who have a lot of money?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I wonder what the bible says about beggers who have a lot of money?
I recall something about a rich man and a camel through the eye of the needle.

If I had millions of dollars though I could quite easily pass a camel through the eye of a needle.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
I recall something about a rich man and a camel through the eye of the needle.

If I had millions of dollars though I could quite easily pass a camel through the eye of a needle.
ok so its difficult for rich people to go to heaven, does this mean they automatically go to hell though?

is there a place for people who don't qualify for heaven but don't deserve hell either? like a middle ground or some sort of manus island type heaven processing facility?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
ok so its difficult for rich people to go to heaven, does this mean they automatically go to hell though?

is there a place for people who don't qualify for heaven but don't deserve hell either? like a middle ground or some sort of manus island type heaven processing facility?
I believe that's purgatory.

Although the Catholics see purgatory as a place where you get burnt to a crisp to cleanse you of your sins so you can get into heaven. A so-called "Baptism of Fire"

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
I believe that's purgatory.

Although the Catholics see purgatory as a place where you get burnt to a crisp to cleanse you of your sins so you can get into heaven. A so-called "Baptism of Fire"
what is purgatory? is that like sam wheat the ghost staying on earth for a while?

I would love to just stay on earth ffs, when you meet up with your family in heaven it would be good for 20 minutes but then it would be really boring and in hell they apparently torture people because in the 80's everyone wanted to go to hell and it was getting overcrowded

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
what is purgatory? is that like sam wheat the ghost staying on earth for a while?

I would love to just stay on earth ffs, when you meet up with your family in heaven it would be good for 20 minutes but then it would be really boring and in hell they apparently torture people because in the 80's everyone wanted to go to hell and it was getting overcrowded
That's Hollywood purgatory. Catholic purgatory is basically a mini-hell

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Turns out Folau has $7 million in property. Rather than selling some of it he is begging for money.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Turns out Folau has $7 million in property. Rather than selling some of it he is begging for money.
or if all else fails then he can get a normally priced lawyer or someone like lionel hutz

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
@Hacky McAxe Go Fund Me is fucked.... the other week someone started up a bloody GoFundMe account to raise money for that Cyrell dickhead from MAFS after she got into a fight at a cafe. Excuse was "to raise money for her to do something nice with her boyfriend".

and another one was those dumb ***** that haven't worked a day in their life and spend their days overseas holidaying whilst her mum funds their trips. She cut them off and now they are asking for handouts.

GFM should be for legitimate fundraising issues ONLY.

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

"Hell" should be defined, each religion has a different interpretation of hell (and then there is Hollywood - which shapes most of western societies perception of hell today)

Christianity says Hell is the eternal torment brought about by the absence of the gracious attributes of God (love, joy, peace, fellowship, hope, etc..), this is the wrath of God, that he would remove all (of His) goodness from each man... Giving them exactly what they desire now.

Man says either "we hate you God" or "I want nothing to do with you my creator" and God simply (and eternally) gives them what they desire.

There is no in between, there is no purgatory (that is a Catholic belief, not a Protestant Christian belief)

Once man dies, he is subject to his will in life... To be rid of God.. and God will allow man to take that tormented path, except for those that put Faith in His Son as Lord, who came as a Sacrifice on behalf of all men.

There is only an eternity in the presence of God and all His goodness, or there is the eternal torment (of which there are varying levels) via absence of every thing good from God that one has ever known.

Last edited:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
@Hacky McAxe Go Fund Me is fucked.... the other week someone started up a bloody GoFundMe account to raise money for that Cyrell dickhead from MAFS after she got into a fight at a cafe. Excuse was "to raise money for her to do something nice with her boyfriend".

and another one was those dumb ***** that haven't worked a day in their life and spend their days overseas holidaying whilst her mum funds their trips. She cut them off and now they are asking for handouts.

Yeah, it's pretty stupid. Funny part is if you read the terms and conditions at the end of the page it says that Folau has no obligation to use the money for legal fees and can use it for whatever he wants.

These systems have always been pretty messed up. I remember a few years back when someone started a kickstarter to make a salad, and he got about $20k.

Owey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yeah I get what you're saying, but people can spend their money how ever the fuck they want. Fucked if I'd give them any of my hard earned, but if others wanna then they are entitled to.

Give to worthy causes I say.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
He’s a wealthy sports star asking people who are poorer than him to fund his personal vendetta. Yeah, a true warrior and standard bearer for Christianity.

This latest bid for public funding is just disgusting.

Last edited:

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
The GoFundMe thing just blows my mind..... not only does he lack the integrity to stay true to his own words, he is actually putting out the donation plate.... not for any religious purpose.... solely for his own benefit. He’s basically the sporting equivalent of a televangelist.... yet his supporters will herald him as a champion of free speech and a man of honour.

How ludicrous.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nope. They can say whatever they want as long as they aren't under a contractual agreement.

I mean, if I started insulting people at a work function, I'm pretty sure I'd get fired.
Your work functions must be boring

Status
Not open for further replies.