News Folau case may send Rugby Australia broke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
The more success the nrl has the worse rugby will get in this country. Its dieing a slow death

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Hehe. Loves them and wants them to be saved. If thats the case I'm sure he can dig up somewhere in the bible that you have no right to judge others.
Shouldn't be pushing his beliefs onto anyone in this society. He should shut the fuck up and live his own life
How exactly is he judging them? He's trying to convey the message that God will judge them.

As for your second point... freedom of speech. He can say what he wants on his own personal social media account.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Shows how far Rugby has fallen in this country

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Does the bible say those things though? The harsh truth is that religious people if they are being real believe those things.
If he had just quoted the bible by itself I doubt they would have been able to censor him. It just shows you how clueless Folau is that I bet he didn’t even consider that post would offend him
No the Bible does not say what Falaou wrote. The only reference to gayness in the Bible is "man shall not lie with man".. That's it however his religion has interpreted this to mean gay's will go to hell

Wahesh

Reaction score
No the Bible does not say what Falaou wrote. The only reference to gayness in the Bible is "man shall not lie with man".. That's it however his religion has interpreted this to mean gay's will go to hell
Yeah but back then that's what it meant.

Wahesh

Reaction score
The more success the nrl has the worse rugby will get in this country. Its dieing a slow death
Well there are only a handful of places in this country that actually have rugby interest. In Sydney, it's the northern beaches. There is minimal interest in Brisbane due to the Broncos, and the interest in Canberra has gone downhill of late since the glory days of George Gregan etc... in the early 00s. Then since about 2005/06 all the NRL converts that went to Rugby Union starting coming back to League. Having Castle as the CEO now is pretty much the nail in the coffin.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Must be pretty confident of a win.. RA tried to buy his love and pay him out in a pissweak settlement, showing RA are shitscared of losing this one.

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/folau-rejected-a-1-million-rugby-australia-settlement-offer-report

Wallabies fullback Israel Folau rejected a A$1 million ($702,100) offer from Rugby Australia to walk away from his contract ahead of this weekend's code of conduct hearing, local media reported on Sunday.
Well here's the thing... it's a legal battle, and Folau has not done anything illegal. He was unfairly dismissed. I would fight the ARU over this as well.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Well there are only a handful of places in this country that actually have rugby interest. In Sydney, it's the northern beaches. There is minimal interest in Brisbane due to the Broncos, and the interest in Canberra has gone downhill of late since the glory days of George Gregan etc... in the early 00s. Then since about 2005/06 all the NRL converts that went to Rugby Union starting coming back to League. Having Castle as the CEO now is pretty much the nail in the coffin.
Its all about money. They dont have money to compete with the nrl contracts being thrown at their best juniors. All the best schoolboy rugby players are signing with nrl clubs.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didn’t say the bible says what Folau wrote? Just that religious people believe it to be that way. My point was if he had just quoted the bible instead of what was posted it would have been more difficult to censor him

Wahesh

Reaction score
Its all about money. They dont have money to compete with the nrl contracts being thrown at their best juniors. All the best schoolboy rugby players are signing with nrl clubs.
Yeah that too. I remember in 2007 (I think) they created a rugby competition in Australia. It folded after 1 season due to low viewership. Starting a new competition will NOT get off the ground in a year... it takes time. The minimum they should've done is let it go a second year and compare stats (viewers, attendances etc...) then make a decision. FMD that code is run by Eskimos.

Another thing... it's funny how that from around 2001, rugby started signing all these NRL players such as Matt Rogers and Wendell Sailor because the NRL was cash-strapped. My how the tables have turned!

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
This is what happens when you are quick to make public statements to appease people without checking your contractual obligations.
I’m not a fan of Folau’s actions but this really should have been handled better. It’s not a surprise Castle, who seemed more interested in giving refugees memberships than keeping Des in check, has bungled this one.
A clause probably should have been inserted, but who says it was bungled? No decision has been handed down yet.

Wahesh

Reaction score
A clause probably should have been inserted, but who says it was bungled? No decision has been handed down yet.
I'm pretty sure they terminated his contract didn't they? And now they are handling his exit and payout?

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Because he loves them and wants them to be saved, that's why. He doesn't hate anyone. In fact in Christianity, we are taught to love your enemy. I'm not saying that they are his enemies, but he's preaching the good word.
He should worry about himself, to be honest.... he has been quoted as saying he would willingly step down if he started another shit storm following the first controversy he caused with his comments. He has demonstrated by not walking away that he is a liar and weren’t liars condemned in the very post he shared?

It wasn’t a direct quote from the bible, it was framed in a more combative and confrontational way that is unlikely to bring anyone around to his way of thinking. If he genuinely cares he should be more careful about the time of his words and social media posts....and he should lead by example by not proving himself to be a liar.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure they terminated his contract didn't they? And now they are handling his exit and payout?
Yes, they did.... but the hearing is still ongoing. No decision has been made yet as to whether Rugby Australia breached its contractual obligations or a payout is necessary. It may go Folau’s way, but no decision has been reached yet.

Wahesh

Reaction score
He should worry about himself, to be honest.... he has been quoted as saying he would willingly step down if he started another shit storm following the first controversy he caused with his comments. He has demonstrated by not walking away that he is a liar and weren’t liars condemned in the very post he shared?

It wasn’t a direct quote from the bible, it was framed in a more combative and confrontational way that is unlikely to bring anyone around to his way of thinking. If he genuinely cares he should be more careful about the time of his words and social media posts....and he should lead by example by not proving himself to be a liar.
Here's the thing... Israel is stating something he believes in. I'm at a loss. How are others taking offense to what he's saying if they don't believe in it? They don't believe in God, they don't believe in hell, and what they believe is that what he's saying is not true. How are they taking offense to this all if they don't believe in it? That is what confuses me more than anything.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Here's the thing... Israel is stating something he believes in. I'm at a loss. How are others taking offense to what he's saying if they don't believe in it? They don't believe in God, they don't believe in hell, and what they believe is that what he's saying is not true. How are they taking offense to this all if they don't believe in it? That is what confuses me more than anything.
I can’t really answer that... it’s not yours or my place to say what other people should or should not find offensive. I just think if he genuinely wants to change minds or save souls, he could be more tactful in the way he goes about expressing himself.

I also think it’s really hypocritical of him to share that post and then to prove himself to be a liar by clearly contradicting his own words through his actions....maybe someone should share a post to Folau about that biblical quote about those who are without sin casting the first stone. If he was truly a person of principle, he would live up to his previous words, stand by his own beliefs, but accept Rugby Australia’s decision to distance itself from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.