1. Be cool and Register to set your username and display picture get the full features of the site. Talk Bulldogs NRL News, match reviews, live score, ladder, injuries, player signings and team performance.

Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Conor McGregor

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Wahesh, Aug 9, 2017.

1. chris_e_fresh

chris_e_fresh The Virtual One

Good fight I thought. McGregor didn't embarrass himself and it was entertaining.

Mayweather played him though. If you watch the post fight press conference McGregor said something interesting things about sparring partners and being able to go the distance.

I still reckon McGregor had the first 2-3 rounds then it was all mayweather

• Like Like x 1
  2. N4TE

N4TE DogsRhavnaParty

I agree with this summary. McGregor came out strong but didn't respect the art of boxing and someone that has been doing it at the highest level for 20 years. Even though he is a fit guy he didn't have anywhere near the cardio of Mayweather. I don't know what he will do next but I can see them doing a rematch for some horrendous amount of money which I won't watch. All in all good entertaining fight.

• Like Like x 1
  3. N4TE

N4TE DogsRhavnaParty

Yeah but that was the whole point of this entire exercise to prove that UFC will never get the same respect as boxing does.

4. doggieaaron

doggieaaron Immortal

Floyd didnt spar for a month before the fight to protect his hands,the guy is the ultimate professional and incredible

• Like Like x 1
  5. coach

coach Kennel Addict

Yeah mate, it would be like u taking a job that's pays 20 time less, and saying your to scared to do it Lololol! Mayweather wouldn't get out of bed for the penny's mma players earn! He spent more on cars than these guys would earn in a lifetime

• Like Like x 1
  6. Mr Invisible

Mr Invisible Super Mod Staff Member Premium Member Gilded

7. Mr 95%

Mr 95% Immortal Gilded

I liken this to a bout between @TANK 2.0 at his peak physically and me at mine..the outcome of an MMA contest would be a win to Tank..but in a boxing match the result would be completely different..just as with Mayweather and McGregor..yes..because a boxing ring has ropes..unlike the octagon which is caged..this means when the bout starts I could much more easily run away..yep slide under those ropes and make a bolt for the exit..the cages on the other hand are too high to escape quickly..unless I go through the door..but I'd probably fumble with the lock as I'd be shaking with fear..

• Love Love x 1
  8. TANK 2.0

TANK 2.0 Assyrian King Gilded

We both will over come our struggles and we will spar in the ring and in the cage. But you gotta take it easy on me lol

PS no punching my chest lol

9. Mr 95%

Mr 95% Immortal Gilded

Lol!! I'll be running like Forest Gump! Lol!!!

• Best Post Best Post x 1
  10. TANK 2.0

You know What? I truly feel you will be running like Forest Gump one sweet day...bad thing is I won't be able to catch you lol

• Love Love x 1
  11. Mr 95%

Mr 95% Immortal Gilded

Yup..in my magic shoes..lol!!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. TANK 2.0

Get me a pair, size 15 please.

PS I actually was a boxer for a few years at the PCYC in Cabramatta. First I joined for the training but was a natural at it. I had 16 amateur fights, my record was 13-1-2 with 9 KO's.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Realist90

Realist90 Immortal

I still believe Cassius clay would annihilate maywether.
    For someone to be the greatest of all time, they would have to be able to beat all contenders. I couldn't even imagine maywether lasting a round with Mike Tyson lol.

14. Mr Invisible

Mr Invisible Super Mod Staff Member Premium Member Gilded

Tyson had power, that was it.

Mayweather has him on speed.

15. Realist90

Realist90 Immortal

Broooo Tyson had amazing speed you serious? Lol
    One punch from Tyson and maywether is died. Maywether punching Tyson will have no effect.

16. Interestingg

Interestingg Kennel Enthusiast

Tyson is the best I've ever seen. At his peak he was so quick and always hit like a truck. Most opponents lost before the fight began. He would've squashed Mayweather

• Like Like x 2
  17. Realist90

Realist90 Immortal

He was fucken unbelievable, I would have loved to see Cassius clay vs Mike Tyson both in their prime. I think that would literally be the greatest fight of all time. Both fast as fuck but completely different styles. Dancing vs weaving lol. I think Tyson would kill Cassius clay if he used the rope a dope style against him. Although he survived the punches from Frazier and foreman who had arguably the strongest punches of all time using the rope a dope tactic

• Like Like x 1
  18. Interestingg

Interestingg Kennel Enthusiast

You'd have to be a complete lunatic to use rope a dope vs Tyson. Permanent brain damage right there

• Like Like x 1
  19. Realist90

Realist90 Immortal

Well they say Cassius got fucked up (Parkinson onset) from using that style against foreman.
    I watched his 81' fight I think against Holmes and I couldn't believe they even allowed Cassius to fight, he was clearly not normal, the way he'd move and talk and like nothing registered with him, was depressing to watch.

20. blueyedsamurai

blueyedsamurai Immortal

Tyson only had power when he left his original trainer, he basically became a head hunter,he was insanely fast in his prime. Mayweather is to small anyway, Tyson would of killed him.