News Flooding

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Don't be surprised if they call it off tomorrow morning or midway through tomorrow. Tomorrow is supposed to be when we really get hit by the rain
I need them to call it first thing bro. I coach a couple teams and U/6s the coach is on the field with the players so I can’t even sit on the sideline with an umbrella and a coffee… no duty of care in my opinion :tearsofjoy:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Junior Rugby League still on in the western suburbs district… got to be a piss take seriously..
They base it off the council, and the council don't call it until after it rains. They don't bother with forecasts.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I need them to call it first thing bro. I coach a couple teams and U/6s the coach is on the field with the players so I can’t even sit on the sideline with an umbrella and a coffee… no duty of care in my opinion :tearsofjoy:
Parra JRL is 7am game day, would yours be the same?

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I miss U6s and U7s....Good fun and good exercise

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Wenty will make the call at 7am tomorrow. Only thing that will stop us if there is flooding, but it's a great field so it shouldn't flood.

1st world problem, but I want my boys to play, we will be using this game to improve our for and against in a tight top 4 this season.
Good luck if it goes ahead bro. I don’t know I can’t be fucked in this weather. Too many whinging pricks

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Good luck if it goes ahead bro. I don’t know I can’t be fucked in this weather. Too many whinging pricks
The whinging parents are the worst part of coaching. Especially the ones that don't make effort to get them to training or games then fkn cry when their boy doesn't get involved...

I've already reminded/threatened to quit next year.

Sorry for the mini rant bro.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Yeah I think so bro. I usually wake up around 6-6:30 so first thing I’ll do is check and keep pressing refresh :tearsofjoy:
Wenty has a WhatsApp group so we just keep doing the Secretary's head in until he gives us an answer lol

He is pretty cool and hates cancelling games.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
The whinging parents are the worst part of coaching. Especially the ones that don't make effort to get them to training or games then fkn cry when their boy doesn't get involved...

I've already reminded/threatened to quit next year.

Sorry for the mini rant bro.
Nah exactly like what I put up with in 8s the parents asked me on Wednesday night if the game will be on… I know I have a beard and long hair these days but I’m not Jesus so I can’t tell you this far out..

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Yeah I do enjoy the exercise tbh. Very blessed my under 6s are all weapons. My under 8s are fucked.
Oh the start of the "I'm a superstar, give me the ball" stage lol

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
They base it off the council, and the council don't call it until after it rains. They don't bother with forecasts.
Yeah mate I know. Usually out these ways the council is very conservative and it’s surprising they haven’t called it hence why I said they are taking the piss

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Oh the start of the "I'm a superstar, give me the ball" stage lol
How did you go bro? We played at livo catholic club. Ground was v heavy. Good chance they close them after today.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
At this stage I still plan on being at the Dogs game, but will see how ugly it gets by lunchtime on the morrow.
So much for La Niña having shut up shop.
Good luck to anyone in flood prone areas.
I’m starting to get second thoughts it’s absolutely pissing down.
Nah fuck it no way of missing us smash those Sharks.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I’m starting to get second thoughts it’s absolutely pissing down.
Nah fuck it no way of missing us smash those Sharks.
I’m all over it like a conspirator down a rabbit hole.
A bit of water won’t scare me away :-).

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm 10 minutes from the stadium and it's not raining so it's all good
Really that’s good news mate thx for passing on a local weather update.
My pool has practically maxed out in the last 2 hours lol
I was going to watch the earlier game against Newton but not sure if it’s still going ahead.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Really that’s good news mate thx for passing on a local weather update.
My pool has practically maxed out in the last 2 hours lol
I was going to watch the earlier game against Newton but not sure if it’s still going ahead.
It's raining again... It has been raining since last night, not real heavy or windy though so it's not too much of a pain going outside. Meant to get heavier over the next hour so I guess we'll see.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m all over it like a conspirator down a rabbit hole.
A bit of water won’t scare me away :-).
Yes that’s the spirit I’m a bit hungover anyway what’s a bit of rain lol
I should be 100% after 2 cans.