News Flooding

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Just a heads up if in Sydney and surrounds. BOM are all over the shop with rainfall forecasts for the next 5 days - they've doubled rain during the day. If you're prone to flooding - keep your ears out as this is changing very quickly.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Just a heads up if in Sydney and surrounds. BOM are all over the shop with rainfall forecasts for the next 5 days - they've doubled rain during the day. If you're prone to flooding - keep your ears out as this is changing very quickly.
Will weekend soccer be cancelled? Ie grounds closed?

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Will weekend soccer be cancelled? Ie grounds closed?
D'pends. U might get lucky with Saturday but Sunday will be water polo instead. Noting that this morning, the rain was late Sunday and Monday. Now its late Saturday, Sunday and Monday. Per above - its bouncing around.

Sad fckng meeting with BOM this afternoon. Bitch is sitting there smiling at how big the numbers are getting. We're sitting there going, fck me, we're shot. Estimating nearly 2m of water going through the spillway of most of the Sydney Dams - thats a fckng lot of water. And third time this year. We're all fckng tired.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
At this stage I still plan on being at the Dogs game, but will see how ugly it gets by lunchtime on the morrow.
So much for La Niña having shut up shop.
Good luck to anyone in flood prone areas.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Junior Rugby League still on in the western suburbs district… got to be a piss take seriously..

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Junior Rugby League still on in the western suburbs district… got to be a piss take seriously..
Don't be surprised if they call it off tomorrow morning or midway through tomorrow. Tomorrow is supposed to be when we really get hit by the rain

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Wenty will make the call at 7am tomorrow. Only thing that will stop us if there is flooding, but it's a great field so it shouldn't flood.

1st world problem, but I want my boys to play, we will be using this game to improve our for and against in a tight top 4 this season.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Wenty will make the call at 7am tomorrow. Only thing that will stop us if there is flooding, but it's a great field so it shouldn't flood.
Good drainage? Back at school our footy field was called Damien Oval but had such poor drainage - when it rained - Damien Ocean. You’re welcome :-).

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Good drainage? Back at school our footy field was called Damien Oval but had such poor drainage - when it rained - Damien Ocean. You’re welcome :-).
Good turf, good drainage, dare i say NRL quality.

You get a large puddle that forms after very heavy rain but it's at least 10 metres away from the actual field of play.

Plus they have drainage pumps when needed.

PS it's privately owned so we can tell the council to get fkd lol

Last edited: