News Flooding

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's raining again... It has been raining since last night, not real heavy or windy though so it's not too much of a pain going outside. Meant to get heavier over the next hour so I guess we'll see.
All good tbh the stadium should have everyone under cover.
God we better win.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
How did you go bro? We played at livo catholic club. Ground was v heavy. Good chance they close them after today.
We had a very slow track, we won 28-16 But missed 5 kicks.

My boy got a hat trick and was beast mode in defence which is more important than his tries.

How your boys go?

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
We had a very slow track, we won 28-16 But missed 5 kicks.

My boy got a hat trick and was beast mode in defence which is more important than his tries.

How your boys go?
Good stuff bro totally agree on the defence. U/6s went good as usual out scored the opposition. It was pretty ordinary standing out in the rain. U8s flogged 36-6. 5 players didn’t rock up…. Going to rip into the parents next week before training for the lack of commitment.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Good stuff bro totally agree on the defence. U/6s went good as usual out scored the opposition. It was pretty ordinary standing out in the rain. U8s flogged 36-6. 5 players didn’t rock up…. Going to rip into the parents next week before training for the lack of commitment.
I had no reserves as 2 boys just decided not to rock up and not even tell me.

I wish I can drop them from the team.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I had no reserves as 2 boys just decided not to rock up and not even tell me.

I wish I can drop them from the team.
Bro I hate when that happens makes it so hard on your rotation you just have to go with the kids that train hard and get to the game early.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Bro I hate when that happens makes it so hard on your rotation you just have to go with the kids that train hard and get to the game early.
100%

Then fkn whinging parents cry when my 3 good players get all the tries and complete all the tackles.

Can't wait to retire end of the season.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
100%

Then fkn whinging parents cry when my 3 good players get all the tries and complete all the tackles.

I’m sure Bellamy used to say the same thing when Cronk, Slater, and Smith were playing!!!

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I’m sure Bellamy used to say the same thing when Cronk, Slater, and Smith were playing!!!
It's Not fair bro.... it's My boy and 2 other boys that put in 150% in every training session and game. The rest of them just stand a watch then literally cry to the parents they dont get a run.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
100%

They will continue to whinge when you’re not there and somebody has to put their hand up and volunteer their time to coach.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
They will continue to whinge when you’re not there and somebody has to put their hand up and volunteer their time to coach.
Exactly. I reminded the parents again that i want to go back to back premiers before I retire.

I honestly Don't care, my boy is going to 1st division next year under an awesome coach. May sound selfish but my boy is more important than the rest and has earnt his spot next year.

He wants him in lock next year so I have him prop/2nd row first half then FR in the 2nd half for his ball skills.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Exactly. I reminded the parents again that i want to go back to back premiers before I retire.

I honestly Don't care, my boy is going to 1st division next year under an awesome coach. May sound selfish but my boy is more important than the rest and has earnt his spot next year.

He wants him in lock next year so I have him prop/2nd row first half then FR in the 2nd half for his ball skills.
That’s good bro. Might help him being around other better players too. Lock is a great position at that age. You get to tackle a lot in the middle but also get your hands on the footy a fair bit. Will help if the players around him push up in support too he’ll have more options. I bet now he has to take the line on by himself a lot?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
That’s good bro. Might help him being around other better players too. Lock is a great position at that age. You get to tackle a lot in the middle but also get your hands on the footy a fair bit. Will help if the players around him push up in support too he’ll have more options. I bet now he has to take the line on by himself a lot?
100% bro and he loves it. He likes leading on the field.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
It's Not fair bro.... it's My boy and 2 other boys that put in 150% in every training session and game. The rest of them just stand a watch then literally cry to the parents they dont get a run.
Must be tough.. Parents want their kids to be having a good time.. But kids moaning about not getting the ball..even they don’t go get it.. is more a reflection on their parenting.. All you can do as coach is to encourage everyone to have a go..which I’m sure you do..as some might be a little ‘shy’ or ‘intimidated’ when your boy and the two others do everything so well..can’t do much more than brother..

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Just a heads up if in Sydney and surrounds. BOM are all over the shop with rainfall forecasts for the next 5 days - they've doubled rain during the day. If you're prone to flooding - keep your ears out as this is changing very quickly.
Thanks. Saves everyone watching the news

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Must be tough.. Parents want their kids to be having a good time.. But kids moaning about not getting the ball..even they don’t go get it.. is more a reflection on their parenting.. All you can do as coach is to encourage everyone to have a go..which I’m sure you do..as some might be a little ‘shy’ or ‘intimidated’ when your boy and the two others do everything so well..can’t do much more than brother..
It's a fkd situation, they are U10s so they need to be getting into good habits already.

There Is only so much I can say on game day as coach as we can't bark orders and whatever I teach them at training goes in one ear and out the other. 3 boys carry the rest of the 11.

Oh Well, another few months and I'm done coaching and can just be a proud dad cheering on his son from the sidelines.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
@ASSASSIN @NPC83 - coaching sucks. Kids are usually great but the parents - thank fck shit head now is 17 and I'm out for good.

We had a meeting with BOM this arvo and looks like we are tracking (so far) at what the forecast was saying. They are also saying we're getting a full east coast low tomorrow. That could be 150mm extra (above the 100mm forecast) on a bad day and no way to tell.

If you're prone to flooding - keep an ear out.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
@ASSASSIN @NPC83 - coaching sucks. Kids are usually great but the parents - thank fck shit head now is 17 and I'm out for good.

We had a meeting with BOM this arvo and looks like we are tracking (so far) at what the forecast was saying. They are also saying we're getting a full east coast low tomorrow. That could be 150mm extra (above the 100mm forecast) on a bad day and no way to tell.

If you're prone to flooding - keep an ear out.
I honestly can't wait to retire at the end of the season...

PS thank you for the info bro.