Flat screen TV question

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Idk, I turned it on and saw banding, probably just the background on the screen... hopefully :tearsofjoy: Still setting up so I'll find out when I play or watch something.
I’m sure it’s fine and you’ll soon be very happy.
Let us know how you go.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I’m sure it’s fine and you’ll soon be very happy.
Let us know how you go.
I forgot to take the plastic off the screen.... :expressionless:

Sounds okay...will probably pick up a decent soundbar when on sale but I'll mostly use a headset.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
@DinkumDog I found a dead pixel...is that normal with these or should I return it?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
@DinkumDog I found a dead pixel...is that normal with these or should I return it?
What a pain in the hole.
If it’s consistent and you can’t rectify it with a few power toggles I’d demand a swap. Take photos showing it and send to the retailer so they pay for shipping for the replacement and take away the defective screen. Not your problem.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
What a pain in the hole.
If it’s consistent and you can’t rectify it with a few power toggles I’d demand a swap. Take photos showing it and send to the retailer so they pay for shipping for the replacement and take away the defective screen. Not your problem.
I looked online and apparently people have had the same issue, some did a pixel refresher? and it went away, others just left it and said it went away on it's own. I can't notice it unless I'm right Infront of the screen staring at it, also in the bottom corner. I might just leave it and see how it goes over the next month, warranty should cover it I assume anyway so no rush.

Anyway i'm playing with the picture settings and this is ridiculous, too many things for me to edit lol. Cranked the OLED light to 100 out of curiosity and it legit burnt my eyes. Might check out some settings online for my own safety lol.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I looked online and apparently people have had the same issue, some did a pixel refresher? and it went away, others just left it and said it went away on it's own. I can't notice it unless I'm right Infront of the screen staring at it, also in the bottom corner. I might just leave it and see how it goes over the next month, warranty should cover it I assume anyway so no rush.

Anyway i'm playing with the picture settings and this is ridiculous, too many things for me to edit lol. Cranked the OLED light to 100 out of curiosity and it legit burnt my eyes. Might check out some settings online for my own safety lol.
Yeah be careful not to do anything that might be construed as outside warranty. Pixel refresh are hit and miss and sometimes only temporary, so keep an eye on it. OK if not in an obvious place / easy to spot but maybe to cover your bases, send an email to the retailer with pics and a ‘I’ve noticed this on Day 1’ story, that way you’ve got fair warning in place if you need to change it later. Also register your warranty with the manufacturer online ASAP.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yeah be careful not to do anything that might be construed as outside warranty. Pixel refresh are hit and miss and sometimes only temporary, so keep an eye on it. OK if not in an obvious place / easy to spot but maybe to cover your bases, send an email to the retailer with pics and a ‘I’ve noticed this on Day 1’ story, that way you’ve got fair warning in place if you need to change it later. Also register your warranty with the manufacturer online ASAP.
Yh I've already took pictures and will place it in a folder with my receipt on my computer and back it up. I like to be organised with this shit, think i'm traumatised as kid looking at my mum shuffle through box after box for hours looking for documents :tearsofjoy:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Side note, I bought an LG just over 2 years ago. The wifi chip has died twice both requiring repair, and the other day it developed lines across the screen. LG says that it only warrants their TV's for one year but I contacted them and they said they'll most likely fix it. Just waiting on the techs to find out how easy it is to fix.

I'm actually hoping they say they can't service it and instead give me a discount on the current TV's. The one I have is alright but it's low range LG. Non-OLED. HDR is a bit crap compared to my Sony.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Side note, I bought an LG just over 2 years ago. The wifi chip has died twice both requiring repair, and the other day it developed lines across the screen. LG says that it only warrants their TV's for one year but I contacted them and they said they'll most likely fix it. Just waiting on the techs to find out how easy it is to fix.

I'm actually hoping they say they can't service it and instead give me a discount on the current TV's. The one I have is alright but it's low range LG. Non-OLED. HDR is a bit crap compared to my Sony.
I just hooked the PS5 up it looks unreal, even with the dead pixel lol. Still playing around with the picture settings and it's safe to say I'll be up all night.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
HDR is a bit crap compared to my Sony.
I do think Sony is probably the gold standard. Of course it depends on what everyone can afford and most would want a German sports car if money wasn't an issue - but even though I paid a premium for it, my Sony 65" hasn't skipped a beat. Watching 4K HDR content looks schmick.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I do think Sony is probably the gold standard. Of course it depends on what everyone can afford and most would want a German sports car if money wasn't an issue - but even though I paid a premium for it, my Sony 65" hasn't skipped a beat. Watching 4K HDR content looks schmick.
Are you like my uncle and buy a new Sony every two years or so? He used to work for them and became obsessed, I remember as a kid growing up he would have Sony branded mugs, glasses, pens, etc all over the house. The worst memory is of him getting his Sony handy cam thingy and wanting to document every second of our lives :tearsofjoy:

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Are you like my uncle and buy a new Sony every two years or so? He used to work for them and became obsessed, I remember as a kid growing up he would have Sony branded mugs, glasses, pens, etc all over the house. The worst memory is of him getting his Sony handy cam thingy and wanting to document every second of our lives :tearsofjoy:
Ha ha, no.
I’ve had my Sony since 2014 and it’s still going strong. I’m not a brand stickler nor have personal interest in any particular brand - and I think every 2 years the tech doesn’t move enough to justify replacement. I just believe quality is quality and that’s TV, Cars and a bunch of other things so accept there’s a premium that comes with that.

The question I’m pondering now is what replaces the screen/soundbar etc? I posted earlier in this thread a new Samsung kit that’s alll in one that looks interesting but likely is a generation or two away from being great.

I want Minority Report!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Ha ha, no.
I’ve had my Sony since 2014 and it’s still going strong. I’m not a brand stickler nor have personal interest in any particular brand - and I think every 2 years the tech doesn’t move enough to justify replacement. I just believe quality is quality and that’s TV, Cars and a bunch of other things so accept there’s a premium that comes with that.

The question I’m pondering now is what replaces the screen/soundbar etc? I posted earlier in this thread a new Samsung kit that’s alll in one that looks interesting but likely is a generation or two away from being great.

I want Minority Report!
Razer had that concept with the gaming chair and the 60" transparent OLED that rolls out around you lol. Could basically spend your life in it if they replaced the chair with a toilet lol.

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok folks, im on the hunt for another TV

Looking at 65" $2200 max

Any suggestions or recommendations?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Ok folks, im on the hunt for another TV

Looking at 65" $2200 max

Any suggestions or recommendations?
Spend extra and buy an OLED...legit every other screen I look at feels like absolute shit now lol. I have to save and buy another one now :tearsofjoy: