CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Fell off the back of a truck :-).
Probably clearing older stock to make way for new.
I actually have a funny story somewhat related to that but probably shouldn't share it on here :tearsofjoy:

steve1700

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ended up buying the hisense 55 q8 bought it used for $800 great for fps gaming no imput lag or jittering @ 4k 60fps or fhd 120fps for multiplayer great screen as well.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I ended up buying the hisense 55 q8 bought it used for $800 great for fps gaming no imput lag or jittering @ 4k 60fps or fhd 120fps for multiplayer great screen as well.
$800? Wtf.

steve1700

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Second hand...
Yeah was used i have kids last time i bought a nice tv ended up with a cracked screen from a kids toy. There was nothing wrong with it either great picture qaulity game mode and that 200 motion nothing lagging can flick on ***** now only thing is I would of liked the screen smaller but doesn't make any difference.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah was used i have kids last time i bought a nice tv ended up with a cracked screen from a kids toy. There was nothing wrong with it either great picture qaulity game mode and that 200 motion nothing lagging can flick on c*** now only thing is I would of liked the screen smaller but doesn't make any difference.
Totally get it mate, wasn’t saying anything than clarifying for @BEAST MODE that it was second hand and hence $800. Kids destroy many things :-).

steve1700

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I read that the x9000 won't be getting vrr maybe wait a week or so beast and pick up one of these used im sure a lot of pissed off people will want to sell

steve1700

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Totally get it mate, wasn’t saying anything than clarifying for @BEAST MODE that it was second hand and hence $800. Kids destroy many things :-).
Ive stopped buying nice things until they are older

No going near the ps5 either I have a shitty tv out back for them to use

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Ive stopped buying nice things until they are older

No going near the ps5 either I have a shitty tv out back for them to use
Don’t blame you one bit mate.
Totally understand :-).

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I read that the x9000 won't be getting vrr maybe wait a week or so beast and pick up one of these used im sure a lot of pissed off people will want to sell
Yeah, it's possible. Sony originally said it's coming but they haven't released it yet and released all other HDMI 2.1 features. They also removed it from the list of features on their main TV page so it may not be coming.

Last edited:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Forbes posted an article on the X90H/X9000H VRR thing. Apparently it's been removed from the HDMI 2.1 feature set on certain Sony websites but some regions still have it listed. Some customer service reps said that VRR has been cancelled but it's likely that they are just guessing and don't actually know for sure as Sony hasn't released any official statement.

There is also some speculation that PS5 may not get VRR.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Sony confirmed today that the removal of the ALM/VRR from the X9000H/X90H page was an error and that the feature will be coming in the next firmware.

I think what they really means is that they decided to scrap it to get people to buy the new TV's then got so much backlash that they changed their mind again.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Wtf I could've bought a c9 for like $1700 a year ago? :sob:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Sony confirmed today that the removal of the ALM/VRR from the X9000H/X90H page was an error and that the feature will be coming in the next firmware.

I think what they really means is that they decided to scrap it to get people to buy the new TV's then got so much backlash that they changed their mind again.
Wonder how long they will drag the update out for? Lol

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
@Hacky McAxe have you seen the s21? I need to upgrade my phone but it looks kinda underwhelming? Still using my Pixel 3 ATM.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
@Hacky McAxe have you seen the s21? I need to upgrade my phone but it looks kinda underwhelming? Still using my Pixel 3 ATM.
Haven't looked too much into it. I pretty much upgraded once a year. Last one I got was the S20. Then I saw that the note 20 was a minor upgrade and decided that I'll stick with the S20 for at least another year. Probably won't bother looking at another phone until the S22 comes out.

That said, the S20 has been amazing for me so the S21 should be great too. There is one caveat though. Most Samsung phones in Australia use a different chip to the ones in the US. The Australian chip overheats often. In summer I can't use my phone for navigation for more than 30 minutes without it overheating and shutting down.

But I think the S21 uses a newer chip that doesn't overheat.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Haven't looked too much into it. I pretty much upgraded once a year. Last one I got was the S20. Then I saw that the note 20 was a minor upgrade and decided that I'll stick with the S20 for at least another year. Probably won't bother looking at another phone until the S22 comes out.

That said, the S20 has been amazing for me so the S21 should be great too. There is one caveat though. Most Samsung phones in Australia use a different chip to the ones in the US. The Australian chip overheats often. In summer I can't use my phone for navigation for more than 30 minutes without it overheating and shutting down.

But I think the S21 uses a newer chip that doesn't overheat.
True. I haven't had a galaxy for a while but it's probably time to switch back, not sure how much longer my Pixel will last and I do y think the 6 is due until later in the year. One thing that annoys be is the the S21 is plastic yet costs over $1200...like how tight do Samsung want to be :tearsofjoy:

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Wonder how long they will drag the update out for? Lol
Note to users: ‘The simple firmware update you require will be delayed by a few months of political and company dragging its heels clownshittery before the Great Unwashed can use it’. Regards, Management.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Note to users: ‘The simple firmware update you require will be delayed by a few months of political and company dragging its heels clownshittery before the Great Unwashed can use it’. Regards, Management.
The update might actually be out before I decide what TV t actually buy :tearsofjoy: