Reaction score
If you are in the market for a tv i recommend doing some research on Rtings.com

Detailed reviews

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think it might just be because I'm using the LG webOS. I'll just use the shield if it doesn't improve, never noticed it when using that before.
Could be. I was using it in LG Web OS and never noticed a problem.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Lol not even comparable to the original movie...i.mean it's a complete rip off of the the original but entirely shit at the same time. Some funny moments but really it's probably one of the worst movies i've seen in years.
And the sequel flop bomb drops again.
Not quite as bad as the Borat sequel but not far off :(.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
If you are in the market for a tv i recommend doing some research on Rtings.com

Detailed reviews
Rtings are good, but I would also recommend HDTV Test on YouTube.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Spewing, looks like the new OLED's are actually going to be way cheaper...at least I won't have to spend as much on my next one I guess.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Spewing, looks like the new OLED's are actually going to be way cheaper...at least I won't have to spend as much on my next one I guess.
There’ll always be something better and cheaper. I got out of that trap by simply not looking at items after I’ve bought something until I’m getting closer to needing something again. What I paid for a 4K TV in 2014 is laughable compared to today - just gotta roll with it.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry to hear they hoodwinked you. Did you think you were getting a Panasonic until a few months later when. Someone made it clear to you?
No we knew what we were getting, we'd just not heard of it before. I'd highly recommend it if you're thinking of buying one.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
@DinkumDog I done what you said to do, reset my router and there was no issue. Then my audio started to stutter....so I have another problem lol. Checked all the other apps and they work fine, maybe there's just some issue with the WebOS and the Prime app. Still no Kayo app on WebOS also...or Kayo app on the PS5. Will just hook the Shield up to it now that I actually use this TV for everything other instead of just the PS5 like originally planned.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
@DinkumDog I done what you said to do, reset my router and there was no issue. Then my audio started to stutter....so I have another problem lol. Checked all the other apps and they work fine, maybe there's just some issue with the WebOS and the Prime app. Still no Kayo app on WebOS also...or Kayo app on the PS5. Will just hook the Shield up to it now that I actually use this TV for everything other instead of just the PS5 like originally planned.
Sounds like a plan. Shield is solid. WebOS is a weird one - so many LG TV’s sold yet they kinda divided the mission when they launched the open source version of WebOS vs the TV version. I’d get it if say the Stan app and WebOS weren’t playing nice but Prime is huge - why aren’t they getting that right? Maybe Amazon prioritise their biggest markets in Fire, iOS and Android. Funny - for forever we copped TV’s having their own OS yet now if not compatible with every other platform we rant and rave that we need third party devices to make it work. First world problems :-)

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
My LG developed a bunch of lines. After a lot of back and forth with LG and Good Guys, eventually they gave me a store credit and I ordered a Sony X9000h, 'cause I love my other X9000H, it has Kayo, and I'm too cheap to buy an LG OLED.

Still have the old LG because no one picked it up. Still can't understand why LG doesn't have Kayo. Literally every other TV has it.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Sounds like a plan. Shield is solid. WebOS is a weird one - so many LG TV’s sold yet they kinda divided the mission when they launched the open source version of WebOS vs the TV version. I’d get it if say the Stan app and WebOS weren’t playing nice but Prime is huge - why aren’t they getting that right? Maybe Amazon prioritise their biggest markets in Fire, iOS and Android. Funny - for forever we copped TV’s having their own OS yet now if not compatible with every other platform we rant and rave that we need third party devices to make it work. First world problems :-)
My LG developed a bunch of lines. After a lot of back and forth with LG and Good Guys, eventually they gave me a store credit and I ordered a Sony X9000h, 'cause I love my other X9000H, it has Kayo, and I'm too cheap to buy an LG OLED.

Still have the old LG because no one picked it up. Still can't understand why LG doesn't have Kayo. Literally every other TV has it.
But who needs Kayo when I have the fireplace app? :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

The only other issue I have with my OLED is that I now notice every other screen that isn't an OLED. My mobile feels like I'm using some outdated Nokia everytime I use it lol.

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

LG needs to pay the kayo license to have the native app.

Every other brand stumped up the cash

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
But who needs Kayo when I have the fireplace app? :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

The only other issue I have with my OLED is that I now notice every other screen that isn't an OLED. My mobile feels like I'm using some outdated Nokia everytime I use it lol.
Was looking at the OLED's in store today and thinking, "maybe I'll just get it and tell the Mrs I got the cheaper one". Then I look at the price tag.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Was looking at the OLED's in store today and thinking, "maybe I'll just get it and tell the Mrs I got the cheaper one". Then I look at the price tag.
I still don't like that I paid this much for a 55" but it's definitely worth it. I'm watching The Expanse now and the scenes in space look absolutely ridiculous. I want a 77" in my other room but I'm defenitely not dropping 7k+ on one...