Flanno is a fraud

fooch

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I watched his game at the roosters with superstars around him and seriously looked out of his element me thinks he's only at a reserve grade level unfortunately for us .We were desperate for a hb and it shows he's not up to it .I hope he can improve

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
He was double teamed yesterday, as soon as we lost Lewis we were finished, Katoa at 6 and topone at 9 we were never a chance unfortunately.
I thought we hung in there well in the first half, we never had that other option at 6 which killed us.
Lewis won’t play next week, averilo injured still so it is back to wakeham

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I have watched him for last few years and he definitely doesn't have any vision in him whatsoever. No chance in hell would Robinson let him go and have 2 18yr olds replace him if he had any quality in him. We are clutching at straws. He isnt a rookie whatsoever.

Your age reasoning means absolutely nothing when he was replaced by an 18yr old Walker and a rookie in Lachlan lam who is also 19 i think.
His fall from grace at the Rorters had nothing to do with his ability as a half, his fathers interfering was a problem for Robinson.

PoundHounds

Kennel Established
Reaction score
You honestly think Flanagan would have looked up and seen Dugan and put the kick in? No chance in hell. He won't even pass to Hoppa let alone kick for a try..
Thats the frustrating thing he threw that heads up ball against Newcastle for the first try and hasn't done it since.
I'm completely convinced shit will only get worse until a dummy half in this squad learns to pass.

gee333

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think we need to give the kid more time. He is young, and has absolutely no class around him. He needs a 6. He needs a 9. I'm not sure any 7, would do well in our team today, let alone a kid in his second season.

Kebab74

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
FFS give the kid some time or Trent can give Arana Taumata a development contract

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Granted he may have been ok for us in previous years but never above average. Surely when you extend a player for 3 years the question must be asked not how he’s playing today but can he stack it up for 3 more years. Hoppa never showed pace back then and he was in the decline. This should have been picked up. He should never have been extended and unfortunately feel the same about Jackson.

Look at some of the players Storm and Roosters have let go the last few years when they were still playing well but didn’t extend cause they had the foresight that they wouldn’t stack up for another 2/3 years. This is good list management. You keep your core team together and one soldier out another in. Look at who we have kept all these years, good clubmen who just aren’t not good enough to get us top 4.
Three year extensions for Hoppa and Jackson just ludicrous
Should not have been more than 2 at the most
Costing us on the field plus valuable cap space

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm sure he can do a lot better, he's just totally exposed because of our general lack of talent and Baz putting way too much faith in him and throwing him into a role he clearly can't handle. Done the same with Cotric, looks like a fucking donkey in the centres. Cotric is already nearing the final stages of his Bulldog transformation...already devoid of confidence and almost looked scared to back himself when running the ball and ended up putting in a few useless kicks lol.
Thats why I don't class him as shit yet lol.

I think Baz has put to pressure on him by trying to make him out to be a Cleary. He isn't. Nor do we have the parts for him to even try and be Cleary.

H-dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just watching Sharks play Cowboys. Townsend runs across field then looks up and sees Cowboys defense up, puts a kick behind the line and Dugan scored. Flanno has no such vision whatsoever. You either have it or you dont. You can't coach that.
That wasn’t Townsend, the dick Dugan was screaming and pointing before he saw it

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Lmao look whose talkin...

We shall see at the end of 2022 what happens. In all honesty I like BBO... He looked the goods in the trial, prediciting smokey.
I really like BBO. He def has that xfactor about him from what i have seen. You can't do worse than what we have now by giving him a shot 1 day

WillieMasonFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Just saw Flanagan quoted in SMH (in article about Adam Reynolds) saying:
“We’re rebuilding and digging deep,” Flanagan said.
“I have to adjust to the situation, we’ll work hard for ‘Baz’ [Barrett] and at training - we’re not waving the white flag at all.”

We're not waiving the white flag at all!! Mate you just lost 3 matches in a row without scoring a single point in any of them. But no surrender there my boy. Does anyone know the end date in this clown's contract - is it 31-October-2023? Can someone please program a countdown timer at the top of the Kennel web page counting down the days till then?

Longtimedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
You honestly think Flanagan would have looked up and seen Dugan and put the kick in? No chance in hell. He won't even pass to Hoppa let alone kick for a try..
I wouldn’t pass it to Hoppa either.

Donkey Slayer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just saw Flanagan quoted in SMH (in article about Adam Reynolds) saying:
“We’re rebuilding and digging deep,” Flanagan said.
“I have to adjust to the situation, we’ll work hard for ‘Baz’ [Barrett] and at training - we’re not waving the white flag at all.”

We're not waiving the white flag at all!! Mate you just lost 3 matches in a row without scoring a single point in any of them. But no surrender there my boy. Does anyone know the end date in this clown's contract - is it 31-October-2023? Can someone please program a countdown timer at the top of the Kennel web page counting down the days till then?
Its 2022 isn't it

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I really like BBO. He def has that xfactor about him from what i have seen. You can't do worse than what we have now by giving him a shot 1 day
We definitely have some choices in the halves in years to come..

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have Flanagan could be a great halfback for us. Once burton comes and we can sign another prop to start with Thompson we will be a different side. At the moment he has been the only one kicking and organising....easy for defenders to put pressure on

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
halves are notoriously difficult to judge coming up through the grades and what they will achieve

for example

* Jarrod Mullen played Origin at 20(?) but proved to be inconsistent and struggled with the weight of expectations until he failed a drugs test... no premierships and just that sole Origin appearance
* Thurston's introduction to FG took time and he initially struggled with the physicality of it but by the end of his career he was a borderline immortal
* in 2000 it was proclaimed in the Daily Telegraph that Anasta was the next Freddy Fitter but for much of his career he carried the weight of being viewed as overpaid and overrated... won a premiership with us but he was not key to our success, moved to the Roosters and did okay, played finals but didn't win a premiership and did win a spoon, before being discarded to the Tigers
* Tim Smith was supposed to be a great but couldn't handle the drink
* Todd Carney was supposed to be generational but could not behave
* I thought Ash Taylor was clearly a better prospect than Nathan Cleary but he has struggled to live up to expectations
* Feleti Mateo was as big as a prop, mobile as a back rower with the skills of a half but didn't live up to expectations
* Luke Brooks was the next 'Andrew Johns' but in 8 years of FG has not even played one finals Game... seriously, WTF with this guy
* I thought Mat Head would play Origin but just fell apart after a knee injury
* people forget now just what sort of hype a young Trent Barrett had playing for the Steelers but for all his individual awards and rep accomplishments, he was underwhelming at club level
* Harry Siejka was supposed to be great but turned out to be barely FG standard
* Scott Hill was compared to Johnny Raper, even by Raper himself and yet had a disappointing career
* we moved on Kimmorley and poached Hodkinson from the Sea Eagles whose initial response was to pair Foran and Jamie Lyon in the halves and when that did not work, they brought in an untested DCE from the Sunshine Coast to play with Foran and almost immediately won a premiership
etc.

this year will be the making or breaking of Flanagan... he will be playing most weeks (if not all) behind a beaten pack, with below average service from dummy half, with a below average halves partner, with outside backs that leak points, a fullback that will not alleviate the creative burden, where he will be the primary kicker, will be targeted by the opposing teams, under the instructions of an inexperienced coach, with a league world doubting his abilities after being cut by the very successful Roosters, and where the ceiling on success in 2021 is avoiding the wooden spoon

I believe he can be the type of halfback such as Nathan Cleary and emulate what Nate the ingrate offers his teams... but there is a lot of struggle for him ahead and whether he can overcome them and lead the team will be the question

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok so game one he showed some promise the next to games our forwards were totally dominated leaving no space to ball play... sure he made some mistake and missed some opportunities bit he is young and it's TBaz that has to develop him. last week he loses his half partner and DH in what 6 minutes of the game were we were probably playing reasonably well for first 20.

we need a settled spine with some games under them and a forward pack that is giving room to ball play.

the slightest advantage this year and the opposition runs away with it.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think we need to give the kid more time. He is young, and has absolutely no class around him. He needs a 6. He needs a 9. I'm not sure any 7, would do well in our team today, let alone a kid in his second season.
We can only judge him when he is playing with Burton next season. He was decent against the knights.

oldman

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
FFS, give the kid a chance. He is targeted week in - week out by opposition teams . It doesn’t take a coaching genius to target Flanagan, simply because coaches are aware that be don’t have another option.

Those that are banging on blaming Barrett and Flanagan for our current predicament are well off the mark, you need to have a closer look at those who were responsible for administering the club over the past five years.

We need to consider ourselves fortunate that Barrett and Flanagan became part of the Bulldogs family. Both walked into a shitfight and I have no doubt they are trying their hardest to push the club back to being competitive. This is more than I can say for all those naysaying keyboard warriors hiding behind a nom de plume.

Judging by some of the recent threat topics, I’d suggest that we likely have some of the dumbest supporters in the league.

Last edited: