Flanagan proved beyond any doubt he is not a first grade half

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I was hoping he would be a good buy but he's got nothing . FFS own the side , lead them around the park .He just doesn't seem to want to take on the defence , go to the line , pop a few short balls....... do something.
I just don't see averillo as a out and out number 7 . keep him as a running six ......Play BBO at 7 , even lewis or wakeham instead of flanagan

Averillo played a lot of FB coming up through the juniors , its a wonder he hasn't had a go there especially last year when pay played him in the centres , on the wing and I think he had a go at 6 too
People keep waiting Jake to play fullback but there's very little difference between our fullback and 5/8 in attack. Our fullback basically just plays the role of our 5/8 on the other side with them rarely venturing to the other edge.

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I must say the service of JMK is not great and our structure of having back rowers at first receiver does nothing to help our halves.

The Faz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I suggested this before and TK didn't respond too well, but I honestly feel Ash Taylor may be a viable option. He would be suited playing next to Burton, BBO can play 9 and Avo at centre or 14.

I think HB may be a bigger problem for us than DH.

RichoDog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I thought he deserved his shot to redeem himself but he really did nothing, we played better with him off for the HIA, it seems he either has no confidence or lacks the basic skills. Can't say I watched too much of him at the roosters but I am sure Robbo worked out he was a dud he couldn't fix - at a minimum he needs 6 months in Reggie's but should not see 1st grade again this year

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was wrong about Flanagan. His round 1 game against the knights was his best performance and its has been down a steep MF hill since. He will leave as he won’t develop playing reggies.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
ARE YOU HAPPY PHIL? Did u have your laugh or are you worried about Baz's eye...

Flannagan at HB and Allen at FB.. Lol for fux sake what were you thinking Barrett.

PoundHounds

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Would love to be proven wrong and hereby revoke my negativity. Just don't get the tyre pumping.

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Which makes me wonder… is baz also the right man? Allan, Flanagan, Waddell all been fails abd are his signings
And the Fox, Naden, Burton, Dufty and TPJ.

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we keep giving Flanagan more chances, to stuff up, doesn’t that make the persons who make these choices to pick him - look like idiots. Sadly I’m tipping he will get more games before the end of the year. It’s like putting lipstick on a pig. It’s doesn’t matter how much you dress it up, it’s still a pig. You can keep playing Flanagan and hope he comes good, but sadly I don’t thinks it’s his body - it’s his mind. He’s got major confidence issues, and if the rest of the team know it and the opposition know it, that’s why they ran at him today. Things aren’t going to just miraculously change and he somehow plays like a champion. It maybe because he’s young. But if you start in first grade - you are expected to step up and lead as the half.

Wally D

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Avo is definitely not a 7. He would be good as a 6 provided that he has a proper halfback doing the game management beside him.

In fairness to Lewis, he does play with heart. But he is also not what we need at 7.

Wally D

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
You can keep playing Flanagan and hope he comes good, but sadly I don’t thinks it’s his body - it’s his mind. He’s got major confidence issues, and if the rest of the team know it and the opposition know it, that’s why they ran at him today.
I don’t think it’s just a confidence thing. I think he just doesn’t have the skills necessary to be a first grade halfback. Simple things like he always just puts up an easy end to end kick coming out of our own half straight into the arms of the opposition backs. He doesn’t have the technique like the good halves to do a spiralling / floating bomb to make it harder for the opposition backs to catch.

Donkey Slayer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we keep giving Flanagan more chances, to stuff up, doesn’t that make the persons who make these choices to pick him - look like idiots. Sadly I’m tipping he will get more games before the end of the year. It’s like putting lipstick on a pig. It’s doesn’t matter how much you dress it up, it’s still a pig. You can keep playing Flanagan and hope he comes good, but sadly I don’t thinks it’s his body - it’s his mind. He’s got major confidence issues, and if the rest of the team know it and the opposition know it, that’s why they ran at him today. Things aren’t going to just miraculously change and he somehow plays like a champion. It maybe because he’s young. But if you start in first grade - you are expected to step up and lead as the half.
Bunch of Homer Simpson's around