News Flanagan linked to the Sharks

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Robinson and Cronk could see the way the 6agains would change the game of the organising halfback...Baz couldn't.
The fox article that quotes Cronk is good reading. Flanagan is so used to structured footy that he can’t see opportunities when they arise.

He has made his mind up before he gets the ball. The good halves make their minds up late.

And you are exactly right with the new rules. Not nearly as many set starts so gone are the days where it’s a few tackles to a spot on the field and then a set play

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
With all the teams together in Brisbane/Gold Coast for the rest of the season it's very easy to be loaning players, and offloading players...veritable player smorgasbord. Just a pity mo 2nd grade comp...so yet again the 2grade squad not getting any gametime putting back seriously their development. Why can't they start up a combined 2nd grade comp...from the rest of the 30 players playing in combined teams just to keep match fit and develop their skills. The NRL suffered badly by not having a 2nd grade comp last year. We've done it again now,.....letting the China virus wreck our game when there's no need.

Mak Dogs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I honestly don’t even think he will do well in the esl but as long as he’s off our books I don’t care where he goes

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
“In 2017 Kyle Flanagan impressed many, with his 20 tries and 140 goals smashing the single season NYC point scoring record.”

Not sure how you define “never killing it” but this reads ok to me?
Unfortunately NYC was never a true test of whether a player would be able to cut it at NRL level.

Scorelines in that comp regularly saw a combined 70 to 80 points most games, because most teams defence was not up to scratch.

When coaches say a player is not ready for NRL it is usually because their defence is not up to scratch.

I have always felt that once a player starts to dominate in NYC it is a better idea to move him up to NSW cup, even if he still has a year or two where he is still eligible for u/20's.

It is better preparation for NRL than the Oz tag style of defence in u/20's.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Unfortunately NYC was never a true test of whether a player would be able to cut it at NRL level.

Scorelines in that comp regularly saw a combined 70 to 80 points most games, because most teams defence was not up to scratch.

When coaches say a player is not ready for NRL it is usually because their defence is not up to scratch.

I have always felt that once a player starts to dominate in NYC it is a better idea to move him up to NSW cup, even if he still has a year or two where he is still eligible for u/20's.

It is better preparation for NRL than the Oz tag style of defence in u/20's.
Actually agree with what you said but I think you missed the previous posts, there was a suggestion that Flanagan never killed it ever in juniors and this data suggests it was a pretty good year is all.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Please fuck this muppet off, i do not want to see him in the blue and white again, please!
I agree, was he THIS BAD at the Roosters? I know he is down on confidence etc but he cannot get the basics right for a halfback.

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
I agree, was he THIS BAD at the Roosters? I know he is down on confidence etc but he cannot get the basics right for a halfback.
I can't recall him being any worse than he has been today, but he has been bad since about rnd 2 of this year

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fuck me this shit **** is the worst “half” we’ve ever had. Nothing bulldogs about him. No fight in him at all, just an absolute soft cock of the highest order

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
He’s gotta go….. he can’t be here next year and he can take Waddell with him too

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We shouldn’t be playing this sponge. No team would touch him after watching him. The less he plays for us the more chance we have of being able to get rid of him

ricko_29

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
hardly watching this shitshow, I saw him get caught with the ball twice, other than that has he actually run the ball at all tonight?