Flanagan learning the game

True Blue

old dog
Reaction score
OK Can anyone tell me what has happened to Flanagan. Since he was dropped he does not appear to have laced up a boot.....no sign of him in the Mounties side running around recently.........Is he injured?

I thought that when he was dropped, the idea was for him to play a few games in reggies to rebuild his game and learn to relax and play away from the stilted & structured way that he was showing all season. However, there appears to be no sign of him playing anywhere......how can he be expected to re-invent his game if he doesn't play. I am not a great fan of his early showings but if you want him to develop his game, he has to play........Any thoughts?

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think they should get him on the treadmill and when fatigued get him watching video of his games this year. video will stop when he receives the ball and he has to make a quick decision on what to do. maybe even throw some things At him to try and disrupt him. his decision making under fatigue and pressure has been poor.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He should of been playing for mounties stupid he wasn’t

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Whatever the reason , have to feel sorry for the kid. He had huge wraps and came straight into a struggling side with MASSIVE pressure on him, must be hard to live up too.. it will either make him a better player or his confidence will be shot to bits and the come back will be a long one..!!

Rockdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
OK Can anyone tell me what has happened to Flanagan. Since he was dropped he does not appear to have laced up a boot.....no sign of him in the Mounties side running around recently.........Is he injured?

I thought that when he was dropped, the idea was for him to play a few games in reggies to rebuild his game and learn to relax and play away from the stilted & structured way that he was showing all season. However, there appears to be no sign of him playing anywhere......how can he be expected to re-invent his game if he doesn't play. I am not a great fan of his early showings but if you want him to develop his game, he has to play........Any thoughts?
Has a rib injury

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes he had to be needled up to return to the field in his last game so likely took a week off and he still might need another needle if he plays this week. Reports he is being recalled this week in place of Wakeham (who may have a slight leg/foot injury)

ricko_29

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
oh so he hasn't learned how to draw in the defence, take the line on and not shit himself on the last tackle? Glad to be proven wrong but this doesn't sound good.

BootS

Danned
Reaction score
Rib injury, will be back in 1st grade this week

HTH

Moon Dog

Waterboy
Reaction score
I get all the hate for Flano, he hasn't lived up to the hype, blah blah blah. The whole team is shit so what do you expect from a young half? Actually, he needs to have a better kicking game. He's our best option, unless there's someone that I don't know about...?

EzyB

Banned
Reaction score
His having a sook and only wants to play first grade

EzyB

Banned
Reaction score
I get all the hate for Flano, he hasn't lived up to the hype, blah blah blah. The whole team is shit so what do you expect from a young half? Actually, he needs to have a better kicking game. He's our best option, unless there's someone that I don't know about...?
TBH his game management is not first grade his kicking is rubbish and the inside ball to waist a tackle is the cherry on top.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh how good would Jack cogger would have been with the new rules , great kicking game, his defence and taking the ball.to the line was impressive in the back end of his final year .....improved massively after I bagged the shit out of him for not doing the things same as flanno right now....not too shabby at hooker either...