Flanagan is our immediate problem.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm inclined to agree with you. I thought there was something about him that I was missing, but he hasn't done anything to convince me that he is a half worth persevering with.
Absolutely no signs that shows he's worth investing in. We need to continue searching for a halfback.

Mike Z

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
NOW I can definitely see why the Roosters dropped him and then sacked him.
I recall an interview FLANAGAN did in the ofseason and he said "he was shocked why Robbo (dropped him) when he thought he was playing good.
""That rings alarm bells"" if he can't even hold him self accountable and is in denial. ALSO Barrett is publicly stating its the players in the team around FLANAGAN that are letting him down.

Barrett last week in the press conference stated publicly that FLANAGAN was one of the best against cronulla.

If the coach is saying that, then I guess we have huge issues. The coach needs to be the most logical and realistic and most intelligent person employed by the club. "BUT that is why the coach after some bad losses and bad decisions is usually the first to be sacked.

If Barrett wants to gain respect he doesn't need to win every game. But he needs to make the hard decisions.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Bring back Lewis, that's how much i abhor this imposter called Flanagan... never in a million years would i ever say that i want lewis in th..

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Flanagan and Allen are both crap signings
Years ago when we were the mighty Bulldogs we would offload our dud players to other clubs.
Unfortunately the wheel has turned full circle though , and we are now the dud collectors of the NRL.
What makes it worse worse is we are freeing up cap space for these other clubs to make better signings.

Costa84

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Apparently he's unanimous Coaches Pet amongst the group... Barrett won't have the heart to drop him

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He’s not switched on for a halfback in the NRL. He’s not busy enough, he’s not aware of what’s happening around him enough, he can’t read the play, doesn’t dictate, can’t count numbers in the opposition defense. He’s just got nothing, absolutely nothing!
Agree..you can say the same about that No 9 Masquerading as a hooker. Terrible.

ricko_29

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What I assume is flannos mum replied to me in a Facebook thread on that Bulldogs 4 life page, I feel a bit awkward now :p.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Can’t tackle.
Can’t kick, when he does they’re way too deep and the opposition catch the ball without our players being able to put any pressure on them.
Can’t pass, Sivo nearly gave him a salute for the intercept he took.

I keep seeing Sam Walker who lighting the NRL up every game since his debut 4 games ago and then compare Flanno who has spent enough time in the same Roosters system and under the guidance of Cooper Cronk and Trent Robinson.

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’ll put my hand up. I thought he would have been an astute buy... I feel I was wrong too. Maybe living in hope.

I know we are bad, the team around him is bad, but he is part of that. He has offered NOTHING

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Flanno and his dad did nothing but talk to talk all Pre season even he should have just killed his pre season and let his football do the talking aka Sam Walker.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Walkers pubic hair has done more in a few games then flano has done since making he’s debut... roosters to smart lol

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think he will, I'm sure he said " he's farked"to the bearded trainer when he missed the goal after our 2nd try ...lip reading

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
He has been underwhelming so far, with the odd good game. hard to tell how much is all him, and how much is the team. He has to go better with Burton looking after the creative half role.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I had only seen about half a finals game before Flanagan had made it into the NRL to judge him on before he arrived here. And at that stage it looked like he was getting praise way beyond what he deserved. So I was hopeful that his signing would be something of a solution but my expectations were low based on what I'd seen. And while I've only seen 2.5 of our games this year due to work, I'm not impressed with Flanagan based on those games. I have seen him throw a couple of long passes to put away a winger. But it's his only move, so it stands to reason that it'll work once in a while. I had hoped he'd bring a crafty kicking game when we were in try scoring range.

At this point I'm a bit sad that we let Cogger go. I thought that while he wasn't outstanding, he offered a good short kicking game and a running game. I know that plenty of members here think Cogger was awful, but I personally saw plenty of promise in him.

I'm not going to completely write Flanagan off. But I'd hope that at some point he gets a clue about variation in his game. I'd prefer a failed kick where we were at least getting a chance to score, for the kick defense to make an error or to get a repeat set through us tackling the opposition in goal. Running it on the last will generally be a 50/50 proposition at best. Either a try or a handover.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Flannagan will not survive next year... Flannagan will keep his spot in my opinion until Avo and Burton form an undeniable combination.

Flannagan looks like another half that will probably be better off becoming a hooker.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Flannagan will not survive next year... Flannagan will keep his spot in my opinion until Avo and Burton form an undeniable combination.

Flannagan looks like another half that will probably be better off becoming a hooker.
Was thinking this earlier. Maybe he's a hooker option?