Flanagan consolidated thread.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They must be hard pressed if they're offering to pitch in 100K for Flanagan's salary for next year. He's not on too much either.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
His dad has to keep his trap shut..
That’s my only real concern with signing Kyle: Not his talent, certainly not his potential and not really even the money (because it won’t be huge coin). For me it’s about Shane trying to stick his beak in at Belmore. He’s been punted from Kurnell and Kogarah already, I don’t want him anywhere near our place in any capacity...

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That’s my only real concern with signing Kyle: Not his talent, certainly not his potential and not really even the money (because it won’t be huge coin). For me it’s about Shane trying to stick his beak in at Belmore. He’s been punted from Kurnell and Kogarah already, I don’t want him anywhere near our place in any capacity...
I agree, let's just hope Barrett is successful and we don't get to a point of desperation !!!

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Isn't his dad his manager? Not uncommon for managers to contact the club when things aren't going smoothly..
I don’t really know too much about how coaches and players management interact once they have been signed up to be honest.
It just seems weird to think that Flanagan’s father / manager would call a coach in regards to him being dropped or anything else for that matter regarding direct on field matters.
Surely this isn’t common practice, actually quite out of line & offensive.

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree. I reckon the things that made Johns so good aren't easy to pass on. Some players develop vision over a career with a lot of practice, but when 20 year old's have it, like Johns did, it's really just an instinctive thing they have. Sterlo is more the serious analyst whereas Johns is more like an excitable child when they commentate. Wally (another great natural) seemed similar when it came to transferring his ability to coaching.
I've watched footy for over 40 years and the "immortal" status of Johns and Wally is more hype than evidence based. Johns won 1.5 GF in his career. Wally played in the ARL for a few years and couldn't even lead that virtual Origin star studded Broncos side to a GF appearance let alone win one. Their ARL/NRL record is woeful compared to Turvey, Sterlo and Langer.
Yet there's all the media hype that they're the GOAT. Wally only excelled in Origin when surrounded by megastars and NSW lacked unity and leadership until they made Mortimer captain.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I don’t really know too much about how coaches and players management interact once they have been signed up to be honest.
It just seems weird to think that Flanagan’s father / manager would call a coach in regards to him being dropped or anything else for that matter regarding direct on field matters.
Surely this isn’t common practice, actually quite out of line & offensive.
Mate you can’t put anything past a bloke who was willing to pump his players full of elephant juice to get an edge and when he was banned for that he ignored the rules of his ban, got caught and then banned again. (Actually I think I just described the resident troll :-).) But when he had to write a grovelling letter just to be allowed an assistant job I don’t think it was sincere and leopards don’t change their spots. I’d be very cautious in allowing him anywhere near our front door in ANY capacity...

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wouldn’t there be strict guidelines from our management to all players not to have other people contact Trent regarding on field business & decisions.
I thought something like that is a breach.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Wouldn’t there be strict guidelines from our management to all players not to have other people contact Trent regarding on field business & decisions.
I thought something like that is a breach.
You’d like to think so, but as I said in the other post, grubs are grubs and rarely change...

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
He has certainly tarnished himself for life no matter bans have been lifted.
You just can’t trust those people from the greater shire lol
I’ll take your word for that mate - you live there! :-).

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I’d say the retirement of the Morris boys and possibly Friend may contribute to this in 2022.

That will be 3-4 players over a mil at the Roosters for that season....
Yep roosters know they won't win next season... They are preparing for a big buy up for 2022 we need to act quick or they will be taking the players we want / need

spscand

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mate you can’t put anything past a bloke who was willing to pump his players full of elephant juice to get an edge and when he was banned for that he ignored the rules of his ban, got caught and then banned again. (Actually I think I just described the resident troll :-).) But when he had to write a grovelling letter just to be allowed an assistant job I don’t think it was sincere and leopards don’t change their spots. I’d be very cautious in allowing him anywhere near our front door in ANY capacity...
Nailed it in this and your other post about father Flanagan.

Biggest scumbag to ever exist in the NRL! Hoe he keeps getting a job after multiple bans is beyond me!? He must be fucking someone high up! No other explanation. Well there are possible others but I won't get into privilege shit as not the place for it.

Big FUCK NO to any Flanagan related players/coaches. Kyle might be a decent half but I would touch that shit with 30 foot pole! Because as had been said by the more intelligent people here. He brings his dad along and thats just trouble we do not need or want!

Plus from what I've seen he (Kyle) is actually bog average and a cheat like his dad anyways. Anyone can be a good kicker with fucking practice so that's no where near a good reason to buy anyone! Nope.

Re Kyle being a cheater, back in 2018 NSW cup GF that i attended live. He lied so fucking blatantly about a try that was very obviously a knock on on repeat but was still given due to no video ref. From then he was dead to me and a scumbag for life. Luckily we went on to smash them that day though lol. But that moment showed he is just like his dad a fucking cheating untalented privileged ****.

spscand

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He lied about about scoring a try, what a bad c*** :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:
Haha yeh :p ... I mean yes lots do it but I guess the family name for me added a preconceived notion of "cheat" and then when that happened it just triggered it further lol