Flanagan consolidated thread.

bells76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Meh he gets paid depending on his quality plus the market demand for him, much like a house . Do people on this page buy a house then cry that the person that bought it previously paid a heap less? Its simple if his stocks have risen this year and there is demand for him the price may go up.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How much is a half on these days?
Depends if you want Bush or Hydro.

Just on the clip posted above though. The Bulldogs let go of some players and the club is run through the mud about loyalty. But it's a completely different story from the Roosters when they're happy to dump players.

If we do pick Flanagan up, I hope that people are a little patient with him. I personally haven't seen anything incredible from him. Watching the Roosters and Sharks play hasn't been a way I wanted to spend an afternoon in recent years. So I've seen very little of what he offers and think from the small amount I've seen that he's over hyped. But so many players do get kudos piled on them before they've done much. And when there's loads of hype, even if they're going moderately well they can still be considered poor if people are expecting them to star.

wigum

Immortal
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think he's shown enough to be excited about and just enough mediocrity at times to give us the opportunity to snag him. I honestly really hope we sign him and give him a shot to develop into a more complete player next year. Instead of a year of fill in halves like green or benji and trying our luck on the market for 2022. Flanno and avo in the halves under some good halves coaching could be great

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It’s funny. We told players there time was up. Gave them a fair well and gave them gifts. We where labeled a rabble not family like etc. roosters say goodbye mid contract and the media label it there a top performer and don’t settle for second best.
Myself included need to stop reading there propaganda seems like we are on the way up again being mentioned with all these players
Hopefully good times ahead

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Little wonder you got no likes. Go back to your video tape. Flanagan is a sound prospect. Level headed, a good backer upper, can pass both directions accurately, can pass while moving, has a great goal kicking technique. His long kicking game is fine, his bombs are accurate as too his grubbers. His tackling hasn't let the Roosters down in most games. He can be coached when to take the line on. He would be a handy addition to our roster. BTW you talk as if Green was already with us...hes not and hes supposedly coming next year but I'm hoping he retires and moves on.
In Flanagan and Burton we have the makings of a great halves pairing for the future. Id be adding Benji as the experienced half next year.
My question is by your own description, what makes him better than say, Aiden Sezer or even Jake Cogger ?

I wouldn't mind Jai field as he can run.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think he's shown enough to be excited about and just enough mediocrity at times to give us the opportunity to snag him. I honestly really hope we sign him and give him a shot to develop into a more complete player next year. Instead of a year of fill in halves like green or benji and trying our luck on the market for 2022. Flanno and avo in the halves under some good halves coaching could be great
Looking at what we've currently got in the halves ... Let's be honest, we've got nothing. Foran has gone. Cogger too? Lewis ... And Averillo.

Personally don't know too much Flanagan, but he's clearly a step up on what we've currently got. Yes, he's far from the finished article but the plus side is that he won't then cost much so we can use that money elsewhere on a JAC or top hooker.

Definitely something to look forward to next season. We need to be patient tho as the boys will be inexperienced but feel our coaching team will be able to work wonders

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Depends if you want Bush or Hydro.

Just on the clip posted above though. The Bulldogs let go of some players and the club is run through the mud about loyalty. But it's a completely different story from the Roosters when they're happy to dump players.

If we do pick Flanagan up, I hope that people are a little patient with him. I personally haven't seen anything incredible from him. Watching the Roosters and Sharks play hasn't been a way I wanted to spend an afternoon in recent years. So I've seen very little of what he offers and think from the small amount I've seen that he's over hyped. But so many players do get kudos piled on them before they've done much. And when there's loads of hype, even if they're going moderately well they can still be considered poor if people are expecting them to star.
Hydro. And lots of it

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think some people are missing the point

We won’t be signing Flanagan for his scintillating running game, he’s no Codie Walker or Wighton

We need an organised halfback that can steer the team around with a great kicking game

He ticks those boxes

Let Averillo be that run and gun player at 6

We haven’t had a solid halfback in that mould since probably Hokko

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
It’s funny. We told players there time was up. Gave them a fair well and gave them gifts. We where labeled a rabble not family like etc. roosters say goodbye mid contract and the media label it there a top performer and don’t settle for second best.
Myself included need to stop reading there propaganda seems like we are on the way up again being mentioned with all these players
Hopefully good times ahead
Nailed it!

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The fact the Roosters wanted him in the first place suggests he has talent, they just don't want to wait.

Hes been in a way better team, but that aside he just looks better than anything we have.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I agree that Robinson needs to wear the blame and take full responsibility and accountability like a real leader
Instead he throws a kid under the bus
Is he? or is that the media? Robinson literally said in the press conference that it's his fault for not getting the team ready for finals time and that the team as a whole was simply not good enough. Flanagan was a liability in the finals and the Roosters aren't going to wait for him to develop. He was also dropped during the season for whatever reason. I think the kid is hard done by but the Roosters want to win a premiership every year at the moment and they've identified Flanagan isn't the person to do it next year. We're in a different situation with much lower expectations.
It’s not Robinson, he knows full well that he stuffed up and he admitted it. It’s the Chooks media spin merchants, it‘s obvious that they are desperately diverting attention away from the “golden coach“ and Flanagan is simply collateral damage. In the firing line should also be SBW, but since Robinson desperately wanted him that would also take some shine off his coaching abilities, so the spin merchants aren’t going there. The media are simply being manipulated as they always are when it comes to the Chooks, that’s why the spin merchants are paid the big bucks.

Go Dogs

_blue_n_white_

Waterboy
Reaction score
The same Cronk that was critical of the roosters signing him a year ago because he wanted brodie croft at the roosters to replace him?View attachment 17598
That's hear say u fool. Where is there a direct quote from Cronk? And even if that happened to be true Cronk said he rated him after he helped coach him. Go back to your 65 rumours a day of rubbish you hear from all your apparent insiders you know in the club

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I look at the situation as he is better than what we have, is young, has upside and we have a decent coach to bring him along. Pretty tough coming into that Roosters side following Cronk and 2 GF wins with the expectation for a third as a pass mark.