Flanagan consolidated thread.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
WOW! Didn't expect that. Confirmation from the club. Interesting that we're making this public when all other contract discussions have seemingly been hush hush from the club.
Only tells me they've kept an eye on the situation and would try to negotiate if Barrett is keen. This story makes it sound like we've got offers on the table.

Personally I haven't seen a lot of Flanagan aside from a couple of snippets during a lower grade game. During that the commentary hyped him massively. "Ohhhh Flanagan just tied his shoelace. Gees he did that well. It's really got his opponents guessing if the shoe will come off".

It's not to say he isn't good. Just that I haven't seen the quality. Lichaa was also the beneficiary of massive amounts of hype. If we sign him I'll judge his performance without bias. Too many thinking he'll be our saviour if we sign him already. It doesn't tend to bode well for players when the expectations are massive. I'd steer clear of social media and forums if I was in the NRL. Unfair criticism is all too often louder than reasonable levels of praise. Could really eat away your confidence quickly reading online criticism.

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our current top 30

1. Averillo
2. Britt
3. +Cotric
4. Crichton
5. Elliott
6. RFM
7. +Green*
8. +Hetherington
9. Hopoate
10. Jackson
11. Katoa
12. Lewis
13. JMK
14. Meaney
15. Napa
16. Ogden
17. Okunbor
18. Smith
19. Reimis
20. Stimson
21. Thompson
22. To'omaga
23. +Waddell
24. Wakeham
25. DWZ

Doorey almost certainly will be promoted (is he auto promoted because he played this year and was a development player?).

Topine and Schoupp will be close too.

We still have four top 30 spots remaining. Green could also medically retire.

We need one or two big scalps.
Britt and Elliot on the wings?? Wtf are you smokin

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
My mail is that Flanagan was a punish around the playing group. Kent was spot on. He just didn’t fit in. So many haters out there because the back to back premiers want to let him go. He might better himself at a different club.
The Roosters don’t suffer fools. No other club would ever let go a player like Latrell Mitchell. They did even after he begged them for him to stay. IMO it shows a club with intestinal fortitude. It’s Why they are the most successful side this millennium.
Where was that intestinal fortitude in your last three matches?? ***** folded like deck chairs on the titanic.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
people where saying the exact same things about cleary two years ago,doesn't run poor defence blah blah blah but like flano he had all the fundamentals but did not know how or when to execute them, most young halves don't understand how to execute a game plan until they mature and in most cases don't play their best footy until well into their twenty's. Fogarty at the titans is a perfect example.

SLushY

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Look I don't think we can land both, I know we can pay wise I just had a feeling we won't. In saying that at least the dogs are out there saying to these players "hey we want you we will put you in a position where you can play first grade and prove yourself or to prove yourself even more, we might not win it or be in the top 8 but we're willing to put time and effort into you to help you develop your game!"
For that you can't hate the fact at least we're trying you know.

obje

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He can kick conversions which makes him an automatic benefit to our team...

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I was talking to my barber who played a bit of Q Cup. We both agreed the time we thought it was odd that Flannagan got dropped and thought roosters looked a lot better with him in the side as opposed to Lam

I like the signing of Flannagan because he is certainly an upgrade on what we have. Maybe he can convince Blake Brailey to come across too.
That's the big play. Brailey is excellent, Grant would be ideal, but I have Blayke above B.Smith at hooker

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: to be fair , hodko was a pretty good kicker. Then next best was tim Browne