Flanagan consolidated thread.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I know it won't be popular but I'm worried if we sign him. I don't rate him as highly as others on here.

He is a goal kicker and Keary's assistant but that's about it.

Also the Roosters never release good players IE Crapa and Smith come straight to mind.
How was he before the ROrters? Seem to remember most people talking VERY highly of him.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know it won't be popular but I'm worried if we sign him. I don't rate him as highly as others on here.

Also the Roosters never release good players IE Crapa and Smith come straight to mind.
Crapa was the best prank the roosters played on the bulldogs. Lol

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I reckon he's been made the scapegoat for there shit end to the season. I would take him in a heartbeat.
I agree mate they had injuries at the wrong time and generally just looked tired in the semis. Still they could have won both games if they had a couple things go their way.... seems like they used him as a fill in and are happy to throw him away now..

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Roosters don’t let talent go.
They will have to when they have a stockpile of the best halves (Keary) & junior halves (Lam, Walker, Flanagan) in the game..

What it means is the Rorter$ have fiest crack and first choice at them but they will have to let go of the ones they dont persist with..

Costa84

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hearing of a potential Pearce reunion next season.
Rooters don’t have the patience, they want to buy premierships now. Thought they’d easily get the three peat this year. Now need to clear money as their roster is ageing. Probably will go for a Cleary or a Wighton next to make it happen the cheating bastards.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Has Hooper ever got a Bulldogs story right? He’s on a quick path to join the drunks in Rothfield and Kent
He said Klemmer was unhappy and Newcastle were circling long before it happened. So he does get some right.

Costa84

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
100%...

If he had potential they simply wouldn't be offloading him.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol at the roosters laying their total capitulation at the feet of a 22 year old rookie halfback. If we get him it’ll be a win win for me Baz will take this kids game to the next level he’s got all the genuine core skills of a seven he just needs tweaking in a few areas and I don’t have to watch lewis make a fucking mockery of a position he has no right to play in

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Flanagan isn't a bad player and he's been made a scapegoat for the Roosters. They ruthlessly dump a kid that they poach after one year and it's just business. We release dead wood and we show no loyalty according to the media..

He's a solid complimentary half who's sound in most areas but probably doesn't run enough. He looked more dangerous in attack when he was at Cronulla. Burton is a lot better and I'd rather sign him but if we ended up with both eventually that would be a good halves pairing with Averillo maybe at fullback..
They already did it to Brock Lamb recently...

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sign the kid up ffs.
Get Burton in too.
I have this feeling C Smith will retire, Grant and Cheese will stay.
I’d be having a serious, serious look at Daryl Clarke to be safe. He can play.
I’m starting to warm to the idea of JAC too.
Can Averillo pass from the deck and learn to defend in the middle if required for an ultimate 14???

1 JAC
6. Burton
7. Flanagan
9. B Smith (or D Clarke)
14. Averillo

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Best thing about this is hoping Sharks suck the next few seasons and use Flanagan as a pawn to lure Blayke Brailey over once hes off contract again

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Roosters also have no idea about how to build for a comp over 3-4 years..
2013 they signed Maloney Jennings and mainly SBW, they win the competition
2018 they sign Tedesco Cronk, they win the comp
They can’t build at all. Hate them as a club.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lol at the roosters laying their total capitulation at the feet of a 22 year old rookie halfback. If we get him it’ll be a win win for me Baz will take this kids game to the next level he’s got all the genuine core skills of a seven he just needs tweaking in a few areas and I don’t have to watch lewis make a fucking mockery of a position he has no right to play in
It's a dog act IMO. Could potentially stuff his confidence. If I was him I would leave the place as its clearly toxic. Hec least he would be more appreciated at the dogs.