Opinion Flanagan cannot be no 7 in 2023

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It all starts up front.

If your forwards aren't laying a platform, your halves can't fire, which means your outside backs struggle as well. Also shuts the fullback out of the game.

Our glaring issue is a lack of decent forwards once our starting forwards come off. We just get completely dominated and lose field position.

Add into this that match fitness is shithouse, and it means that our bench rotations are largely ineffective.

Until we solve that, no halves combination is going to fire.

Think about it, Luai and Cleary would struggle if Panthers forward pack was ineffective as well.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It all starts up front.

If your forwards aren't laying a platform, your halves can't fire, which means your outside backs struggle as well. Also shuts the fullback out of the game.

Our glaring issue is a lack of decent forwards once our starting forwards come off. We just get completely dominated and lose field position.

Add into this that match fitness is shithouse, and it means that our bench rotations are largely ineffective.

Until we solve that, no halves combination is going to fire.

Think about it, Luai and Cleary would struggle if Panthers forward pack was ineffective as well.
Yep fair point mate. A big part of the problem is that Thommo and TPJ are on elite money for a forward and they don’t play to their pay packet. It leaves us short on money to spend on other forwards.

Also another big part of the problem is that our young forwards are not developing into good first graders. The likes of Topine and Patolo for example. Compare them to the young forwards at the cowboys who are killing it.

Unless we move some players on I don’t see much changing next year. We will be slightly better but good teams will still bully us through the middle.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep fair point mate. A big part of the problem is that Thommo and TPJ are on elite money for a forward and they don’t play to their pay packet. It leaves us short on money to spend on other forwards.

Also another big part of the problem is that our young forwards are not developing into good first graders. The likes of Topine and Patolo for example. Compare them to the young forwards at the cowboys who are killing it.

Unless we move some players on I don’t see much changing next year. We will be slightly better but good teams will still bully us through the middle.
Big issue is we had some guys coming through and Covid cramped their development alongside Pay/Barrett era.

We let go guys like Ogden, To'omaga, Fine, Fualalo, Rhyse Martin, heck even Tolman, without any decent replacements there.

Morrin and Topine are worth working on, ditto Edwards and Stuckey, but they are not quite there yet (having missed time to develop due to Covid). Same with Patolo really.

Meanwhile Ava is in reserves. Why?!

Maybe part the issue is the forwards fitness is way off still.

King will develop nicely I reckon.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Big issue is we had some guys coming through and Covid cramped their development alongside Pay/Barrett era.

We let go guys like Ogden, To'omaga, Fine, Fualalo, Rhyse Martin, heck even Tolman, without any decent replacements there.

Morrin and Topine are worth working on, ditto Edwards and Stuckey, but they are not quite there yet (having missed time to develop due to Covid). Same with Patolo really.

I miss Martin. What's he up to?

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Lol at flopagun excuse. Yeh poor Lewis how he was blamed for our poor structure and now flopagun etc….

Or just maybe he was fucking putrid as is flopagun and just like Lewis, flopagun won’t get an nrl first grade contract without his old man.

Flop
Lol I’m really living rent free in your head, ey Bulldogs0whine? What’s the matter, puss? Do you have some sand in your Bulldogs0vagine? :tearsofjoy:

Eesma

Kennel Established
Reaction score
What if, during the off-season, we make Flanagan fight TPJ once a week until he's the hardest c*** in the NRL and isn't afraid to take the line on? :P

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

All clubs had to deal with Covid mate. Our systems have just been shit for years. That’s why Gus is so important.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
someone is emotional. Must be sinking in another useless flop he has a crush on is running out of time in our jersey!

Brian Boru

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Bring in crichton and a new 7
WE don't need Crichton. Without Cleary and Luai he has been very ordinary especially at fullback. Scored from an intercept, big deal.
A new 7 is needed. Flanno is the worst 7 I have seen playing for the Dogs and I am 74 and followed the Dogs forever during and since my playing days.
The last two games have showed his capabilities when the team is under the pump. A scared puppy.
A couple of good tackles but that's not what he is there for.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I realise that Flanagan is not the 1/2 back we need. But I also think Burton is not a real 5/8.
His game is based on his kicking. Flanagan gets the ball and always looks at where Burton is stationed.
When Burton gets the ball he always looks where JAC is. The opposition are fully aware of this and counter it easily.
It works sometimes with Burton, but he needs the new coach to reinvent his 5/8 game, or move him to centre.
bahaha mate get over moving him to centre. You are off your head if you think he signed with us to play centre.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
WE don't need Crichton. Without Cleary and Luai he has been very ordinary especially at fullback. Scored from an intercept, big deal.
A new 7 is needed. Flanno is the worst 7 I have seen playing for the Dogs and I am 74 and followed the Dogs forever during and since my playing days.
The last two games have showed his capabilities when the team is under the pump. A scared puppy.
Spot on.

Explains why flopagun is so cranky today.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

Gus knows also that the bolstering of the squad won't be anywhere near enough for 2023 Top 8.

There's more dumping of deadwood and building of fg skills etc to be continued and recruiting to be done.

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is Pele confirmed badly need to inject some impact off the bench. Hopefully Tpj gets his act together next year or he will rival trex as big $ dud signing.

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Worse than Peter wheeler, lee pomfret ??

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I really don’t understand the dummy and go 10m from the line twice a set these days
And
The lack of sight playing out the back to averillo on the sweep
He continually hits the lead/wrong runner
That’s bread and butter stuff for a halfback

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Is that why they’re after jayden Sullivan ?