Opinion Flanagan cannot be no 7 in 2023

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Lachlan illias is what i keep thinking of.

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nrl is becoming touch footballl...when u lose the momentum and are always on the back foot it’s hard to regain control....the game is all about speed,,,,,I think we have lost the balance between entertainment and rugby league being a tough aggressive game....the mongrel is disappearing and I don’t like what the game has become
I have already commented on this in another forum. V'Landys needs to retract his lame 6 again and he, his cronies and his betting agency mates need to pi$$ off back to horse racing where all his sh!t belongs.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Trying to put so much power into his kicks (that he doesn't possess) and he gets himself off balance, nervous and flustered.

I'm starting to feel sorry for him. His career isn't going to progress any further here, yet he could have a very enjoyable time in SL as a halfback in their structures.

Being a 7 in this team is beyond his capabilities.

He is sorta a reasonably decent player when confident but he is at a personal crossroads and should see the writing on the wall with the help and guidance of those close to him and head to UK for his wellbeing and learn to free up his play. Possibly then come back similar to the path others have taken.
The problems are...
1. The reported 450k a season might not be possible to earn elsewhere.
2. His and dady's egos gets in the way of making the right decision.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I am predicting it's that NQL young halfback, can't remember his name.
Oh I was thinking one that’s already cracked the NRL.
You thinking of the one that played in the Junior Origin? He went alright.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
A far more complete footballer at this stage...hard to fully judge Burto as yet. Nico could well look average in this team as well.
Burto and the team need an old fashioned game controlling halfback,
I am a genius and I know it :tearsofjoy:

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I realise that Flanagan is not the 1/2 back we need. But I also think Burton is not a real 5/8.
His game is based on his kicking. Flanagan gets the ball and always looks at where Burton is stationed.
When Burton gets the ball he always looks where JAC is. The opposition are fully aware of this and counter it easily.
It works sometimes with Burton, but he needs the new coach to reinvent his 5/8 game, or move him to centre.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I realise that Flanagan is not the 1/2 back we need. But I also think Burton is not a real 5/8.
His game is based on his kicking. Flanagan gets the ball and always looks at where Burton is stationed.
When Burton gets the ball he always looks where JAC is. The opposition are fully aware of this and counter it easily.
It works sometimes with Burton, but he needs the new coach to reinvent his 5/8 game, or move him to centre.
I agree with most of that, but I believe Burton is the 5/8 we need. He just needs some help from A) the Forwards
B) quality 7.

We get that sorted I think will give him and I’d Avo is our fullback will give him some freedom also.
Hard to do anything with defense constantly in our face.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
ZDC basically played second row / half yesterday - was a waste of a bench spot - i wonder if he is being played as a sometimes half becasue Flanno is so terrible in attack

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
In the short term we need a senior half back. Gus signed Maloney at the back of his career we probably need something similar an old head who can steer the team around.