Rumour Flanagan and Sullivan could trade places in latest twist at Belmore

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Na, still waiting for you to justify your rubbish post on a rubbish article.
FMD!......It has been reported by The Age, SMH and Fox Sports.......aren't people allowed to comment on these articles? Did you even read them.

Obviously NOT. It merely stated that this had been floated, how then do you know that this wasn't the case, it doesn't mean it will happen but it has been reported.

S Flanagan still has ties with the Saints and started his career there. Why would he then want to come to a club that is struggling and have NO affiliation with other than his son playing for us. I don't want him anywhere near the club

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shortest highlight video ever. Not a good sign.
:tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:
In saying that how long do you think Flanno's highlight video would go??
It could include a shot of him signing for chooks, signing for us & then boarding the plane for the ESL.....45 seconds max!!

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
FMD!......It has been reported by The Age, SMH and Fox Sports.......aren't people allowed to comment on these articles? Did you even read them.

Obviously NOT. It merely stated that this had been floated, how then do you know that this wasn't the case, it doesn't mean it will happen but it has been reported.

S Flanagan still has ties with the Saints and started his career there. Why would he then want to come to a club that is struggling and have NO affiliation with other than his son playing for us. I don't want him anywhere near the club
Yeah because the media are always right?

He Is long time friends with Gus and whether you like him or not, would most likely be the best fit.

He is desperate for a job, having his son or not in his team is a family dinner table problem and not a financial one.

I get you don't like him, hell most of us aren't his fans but out of all the options we have and what Gus wants, he is head and shoulders above all mentioned.

Reactions: 88

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Ermmmm because next season he will have players like

Tevita Pengai-Junior
Josh Addo-Carr
Matt Burton
Viliame Kikau
Reed Mahoney

And literally a "war chest" that's available to him for 2024 which will allow him to completely choose his own roster.

Do you think that's not a salivating enough reason to want to coach the Bulldogs and cut ties with whatever is keeping him at the "dragons" or "sharks" LOL

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep agreed to we need to take a punt.

Have you listened to Willy Masons podcast from last week ? It was an eye opener. Basically said that when Gus got here we barely had any recruitment officers out there scouting for talent. He mentioned what Mark Hughes used to do back when we were successful.

He also had some gold in it . Said about the current squad “Yuz have just got the coach sacked. If that doesn’t fuckin galvanise yuz then nothing will”.

Also said about Naden “ You came here to play for the coach. Didn’t fuckin look like it to me “
is it on spotify?

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
is it on spotify?
Yep. The take with Willie Mason

The one I listened to was the May 18 one. There is probably a newer one up there but definitely listen to the first 20 minutes of the May 18 one.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think this is Shane trying to move him on from the club before he gets here to avoid the awkward dinner table conversation he would have to have about dropping him.
So not even his dad thinks he's up to it...that's gotta hurt

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I have no idea who this guy is, never seen him play, id confuse him with the guy from panthers that filled in for Cleary early this year. But looking at his stats he is having a stinker of a year both in NRL and NSW cup. Has limited running meters, limited kicking meters. Its quite strange. His first game he ran 80m kicked over 250m set up a try, got a repeat set, and seemed to have defended very well. Fair enough very easy to boost your stats in 1 game (lewis and frawley looked like future immortals after their first game).

I dont understand why his kicking meters and running meters are declining this much. Fair enough he is coming off the bench, and he has scored a few trys this year. But in saying that his stats look more like a park footballer then a bonafide first grader. So with that in mind id keep Flanno for another year then move for this kid (even though it seems like his contract is over at seasons end).

I remeber the first game a couple of these young lizzards first ran out, think it was this kid, sloan, a 5/8 and a centre. All had huge games and the commentary was like the future is bright. They must have won what would have been the last or one of the last games that season. Since then (mind you I never watch dragon games unless they vs us) they seem to have done nothing, or not much.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ermmmm because next season he will have players like

Tevita Pengai-Junior
Josh Addo-Carr
Matt Burton
Viliame Kikau
Reed Mahoney

And literally a "war chest" that's available to him for 2024 which will allow him to completely choose his own roster.

Do you think that's not a salivating enough reason to want to coach the Bulldogs and cut ties with whatever is keeping him at the "dragons" or "sharks" LOL
Three out of those five players you've mentioned are already at the club and look where we are now.

When Flanagan took over the coaching role at the Sharks in his first stint he had a 44% winning strike rate.

Over 4 years he had won 35 of the 80 games they played. Only in his 2nd stint did he got the Sharks a title within another 4 years as there head coach. So we go back to where we started all over again with a new coach, like what has happened with Des, Pay and TB. It will take another 3 to 4 years to get the players he wants to hopefully get us a premiership.

Potter played FB for us during the mid '80's and has been a very successful coach in Super League. His record with the Tigers wasn't great but NO coach could have improved them at that time as the team environment was toxic with two of the biggest egos in the game, in Marshall and Farah competing for their contracts at the club.

I hope Potter can get the team back to our glory days and string a few wins together for the rest of the season. He does have history with us and I hope he gets an extension at years end.

Diatribe 2000

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I have no idea who this guy is, never seen him play, id confuse him with the guy from panthers that filled in for Cleary early this year. But looking at his stats he is having a stinker of a year both in NRL and NSW cup. Has limited running meters, limited kicking meters. Its quite strange. His first game he ran 80m kicked over 250m set up a try, got a repeat set, and seemed to have defended very well. Fair enough very easy to boost your stats in 1 game (lewis and frawley looked like future immortals after their first game).

I dont understand why his kicking meters and running meters are declining this much. Fair enough he is coming off the bench, and he has scored a few trys this year. But in saying that his stats look more like a park footballer then a bonafide first grader. So with that in mind id keep Flanno for another year then move for this kid (even though it seems like his contract is over at seasons end).

I remeber the first game a couple of these young lizzards first ran out, think it was this kid, sloan, a 5/8 and a centre. All had huge games and the commentary was like the future is bright. They must have won what would have been the last or one of the last games that season. Since then (mind you I never watch dragon games unless they vs us) they seem to have done nothing, or not much.
Missed many weeks with injury

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't think they will. But they do a lot of dumb things. If Sullivan and Sloan are available, plenty of clubs will be interested.
The Saints are the kings or letting talent slip away... Mainly due to their massive nursery though.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Please tell me this is all fake news.
Surely that's a stupid move for all involved

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
It's all bullshit imo. But it gives us something to talk about lol

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think Flanno snr will sign if someone can do the dirty work of punting his son so he doesn't have to

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think Flanno snr will sign if someone can do the dirty work of punting his son so he doesn't have to
Sullivan seems like more of a 5/8,we should be looking at Sullivan or Falls from the Panthers

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

We are interested in Sullivan.
No one wants Flanagan :worried: