Fitness thread - kennel support

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Hey guys.
My 21 day trial that I paid for at the gym is up.
They want me to sign a 12 month membership $66 per week.
It's unlimited access to their group sessions.

Is that too much?

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Depends if you happy doing it and you think it's worth it. I jumped on the man shake cleaned diet up a bit , smash the mountain bike and rowing machine and what ever weights I got at home. Dropped about 12 kgs put on a bit of muscle so keeps me going, my shoulder is fucked so can't go hard on weights not that I really want to , just keep cardio up

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Little update guys.
Since my weight loss began I have lost about 14kgs.
Sitting around 92 at the moment.
I'm looking a lot thinner
Love handles and belly still needs some work.
Top effort bro I been smashing weights 5 days a week ( nothing extremely heavy cause I'm weak as piss old and full of injuries) smashed a 5 hr brutal mountain bike ride last Sunday ,will do the same but more this Sunday .do it all for yourself and enjoy it , belly is very stubborn and last to go just chip away

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Feeling pretty happy guys.
I have a 2003 or 4 away jersey in size L
Not been able to wear it for about 10 years.
Well, I tried it on, fits perfectly again.
Small thing I know, but huge achievement for me.
Just wanted to share that with my kennel family

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
you lost the pouch roo :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
That’s freaking awesome ..you are going great..keep it up!

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just saw this thread hit the front page. Pretty timely actually since I'm feeling good about my last fortnight/ish.

Decided about two weeks ago that I'm sick of my gut and moobs (man boobs). Decided to start swimming laps again. I have been wanting to get fit again since some time in winter. I spent $850 on a flash new mountain bike that has been used twice. Winter isn't the time to start riding where I live. Found this out on my second ride when a testicle froze to the seat through the sweat I lost.

Anyway. On Monday the 14th I went to the university fitness compound and bought a 1 month membership. So far I've swam all but two days. I only missed the first day because I thought they'd close at 9pm weekends like weekdays. Showed up last Saturday and it was closed which pissed me off. Unfortunately missed my second swimming session yesterday because again they closed early.

Anyway, my goals are to basically lose the gut and get back closer to the swimming body I had in my 20's. At almost 2 weeks in I'm impressing myself a bit. Back when I was 23 I used to swim for 1.5 to 2 hours daily. This week I've done a 1.5 hour session and a 2 hour session. I don't have time for that every day, but it's good that I can manage it within a fortnight of starting again given it's been about 14-16 years since I last swam regularly.

I don't really want to be fast in the water, never have been. I am noticing my chest is a bit more toned already. Still have the moobs though and expect to have them for a few months at least. But also seeing pecs starting to appear again. The long term goal at this stage is to just stick with it. At present I'm loving the excercise high I get. Had three days where the pain the next day was torture. But it's kind of a badge of honour thing to me.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just stumbled on this thread. Awesome to see and hopefully helps me get back on track. I've recently got down to 102kg. Which is good for my body type. But I have got in a rut celebrating WC stuff, work, family and too many beers. I try snd go 4 days a week to gym to keep strong, doing mainly weights and checking out the girls in those tight pants they all seem to wear now ...past month ive only being going once or twice a week. Mental health is always clearer after the gym. Thanks for the inspiration Skippy and the rest of the kennel brethren with their fitness goals.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Just stumbled on this thread. Awesome to see and hopefully helps me get back on track. I've recently got down to 102kg. Which is good for my body type. But I have got in a rut celebrating WC stuff, work, family and too many beers. I try snd go 4 days a week to gym to keep strong, doing mainly weights and checking out the girls in those tight pants they all seem to wear now ...past month ive only being going once or twice a week. Mental health is always clearer after the gym. Thanks for the inspiration Skippy and the rest of the kennel brethren with their fitness goals.
Stop drinking beer brah

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Stop drinking beer brah
Maybe not stop but I will reduce I'm normally pretty good after the footy season. I need a beer when watching a dogs game to ease the nerves and I tend to keep going happily when we win or sadly when we lose..Samoa making the final has thrown me off this year but time to refocus

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Man shake, rowing machine, mountain bike ,summers is not a good time to stop the beers

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I really hate cardio. But gotta do it for a job I’m in the process of going through with. 3 weeks in I’ve lost a stupid amount of strength and weight. Oh and the shin splints that accompany this just tops it off.

Also good work on your fat loss @Fear.The.Roo

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I really hate cardio. But gotta do it for a job I’m in the process of going through with. 3 weeks in I’ve lost a stupid amount of strength and weight. Oh and the shin splints that accompany this just tops it off.

Also good work on your fat loss @Fear.The.Roo
Are you becoming a dance teacher?