Fishing Gear

Status
Not open for further replies.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Running braid, I’ve been using bait but thinking of changing to lures, what’s ur opinion on that coach?
Don't waste your money on braid if your fishing bait, but if your using lures 100% braid! Feel every little rock n bump etc! Spend as much as u can on rod n reel, then slowly ad lures to collection!

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Don't waste your money on braid if your fishing bait, but if your using lures 100% braid! Feel every little rock n bump etc! Spend as much as u can on rod n reel, then slowly ad lures to collection!
I have a much better hook up rate on braid then I do mono (using baits).

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Boys catch fish.

Real men catch sharks and crocodiles.

I'm hopeless at fishing.. always used to catch bloody puffer fish bastards.

Just make sure when you are sending email enquiries out that you ask about fishing rods, not fisting rods.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
leave the fish alone tbh, how would you like it if a maccas hamburger had a hook in it and grabbed you in the mouth

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not when they're nibbling, but when they run off with it, yes.
If ur actually holding the rod feeling the bites like you do bait fishing yes braid is good, but if it's sitting in a rod holder or such it's a waste of money using braid like that

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
leave the fish alone tbh, how would you like it if a maccas hamburger had a hook in it and grabbed you in the mouth
Be chuffed if someone dangled free burgers in front of me lol

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Nothing better than sitting down by the lake, your rod in your hand. Excitement builds as you feel nibbles on the end of the rod. Before you know it your hooked... (and you've jizzed all over her face).

Top guy. They caught out that yahyah guy from fishing r us in auburn. Dodgy ****
By yahyah do you mean "Seth Eff-ri-ken"

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nothing better than sitting down by the lake, your rod in your hand. Excitement builds as you feel nibbles on the end of the rod. Before you know it your hooked... (and you've jizzed all over her face).

By yahyah do you mean "Seth Eff-ri-ken"
I don't get it? Am I missing something?

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I hate braid. Twice the cost, and good for almost nothing.
Admittedly I mainly rock and beach fish. The tiniest nick in braid and it’ll break on a yakka.

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The fish aren’t biting down here in Illawarra so better just stay up Sydney way. Especially windang bridge stay away it’s illegal

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The fish aren’t biting down here in Illawarra so better just stay up Sydney way. Especially windang bridge stay away it’s illegal
16 Nov 2017

A father and son from Fairfield have been ordered to pay more than $16,000 in fines and costs, after recently being found guilty of breaching a number of fishing rules and regulations while fishing in Lake Illawarra.

NSW Department of Primary Industries Supervising Fisheries Officer, Emma Corfield said the two men were convicted of exceeding the possession limit of whelks and cockles, being in possession of prohibited size blue swimmer crabs and crabs carrying external ova as well as for failing to pay the Recreational Fishing Fee.

“On Sunday, 14 February 2016, fisheries officers inspected a vessel adjacent to the Windang boat ramp and found a total of 638 whelks, 386 cockles and 42 blue swimmer crabs on board,” Ms Corfield said.

“Of the 42 blue swimmer crabs, 23 were measured below the prescribed minimum size of 6 cm (carapace shell) and 12 of the blue swimmer crabs were carrying external ova (eggs).

“Officers seized the excess catch and issued the men, aged 52 and 30, with court attendance notices.”

In August 2017, both men failed to appear before Wollongong Local Court and were convicted on all charges in their absence. A warrant for their arrest was also issued.

“Both men have since appeared in Wollongong Local Court, where they were issued with fines and costs totalling $16,589.50,” Ms Corfield said.

“The son had previous convictions of fishing offences. The father was a first time offender.

“The son was fined a total of $3,700 and ordered to pay professional costs of $5,902, while the father was fined a total of $2,700 and ordered to pay professional costs of $4287.50.”

Illegal fishing risks the sustainability of the resource for legitimate recreational and commercial fisheries. People found illegally fishing can expect severe consequences.

Anyone with information on suspected illegal fishing activity is urged to contact their local Fisheries office, call the Fishers Watch phone line on 1800 043 536 or report illegal fishing activities online.

https://www.dpi.nsw.gov.au/about-us...017/father-and-son-fined-for-fishing-offences

Status
Not open for further replies.