Opinion First choice half back

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen enough of Wakehams long kicking game to know if he can handle all of it playing alongside Foran, because we know Foran doesn't kick long just in case his hamstring snaps in half..

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
They are all fkn dreadful.

UndeadShadowMan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Foran & Wakeham every other combo has failed our last shot then we recycle again I guess give Lewis another chance after that

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Leave Cogger alone, he’s doing his best, and he’s a much better option than Wakeham, who needs a full season in Reggie’s, and then may or may not make a first grader. You can’t judge a half back on tonight’s performance, our forwards were completely outmuscled, he had big blokes running at him every set, we hardly had a dominant run or quick play the ball, and the dummy half service was woeful.
Even so Wakeham looks more capable than Cogger.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Wakeham hasn't done anything to warrant a call up. He looks like a young benji but that's it. He even attempted to step and lost the ball. He isn't ready yet. Foz n Lewis with Foz at 7 and Lewis just running. More points in this one legged combo than cogger n wakeham. King offers nothing from 9. He is a b grade park footballer . This club is n trouble if this is part of the future.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wakeham hasn't done anything to warrant a call up. He looks like a young benji but that's it. He even attempted to step and lost the ball. He isn't ready yet. Foz n Lewis with Foz at 7 and Lewis just running. More points in this one legged combo than cogger n wakeham. King offers nothing from 9. He is a b grade park footballer . This club is n trouble if this is part of the future.
Lewis doesn’t run the ball so how can he be a runner? Wakeham has shown more running the ball then Lewis ever has. You picked out Wakeham dropping the ball but don’t mention him scoring a nice try running the ball.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Lewis doesn’t run the ball so how can he be a runner? Wakeham has shown more running the ball then Lewis ever has. You picked out Wakeham dropping the ball but don’t mention him scoring a nice try running the ball.
Wakeham is light weight..Lewis showed last year he can play, he.isnt an organiser. He is a Reynolds type. Lewis with Foz is better than wakeham with Foz. For mine I haven't seen why wakeham has massive wraps. And it's not like he dominates reggies either

Valley Viking

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Wakeham is light weight..Lewis showed last year he can play, he.isnt an organiser. He is a Reynolds type. Lewis with Foz is better than wakeham with Foz. For mine I haven't seen why wakeham has massive wraps. And it's not like he dominates reggies either
I like Lewis and would rather him than Cogger but he has no running game. Wakeham has played 2 or 3 games in reggies and actually did play really well. Wakeham has showed more than Lewis and Cogger combined, if you can’t see that you have no idea about footy.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cogger gets involved but all he does is pass the f..ing ball. No real ability to break the line, no cut out pass, he can't kick long, he can't kick high and he just kicks down the throats of opposition fullbacks and wingers. Rare they have to take a step to catch his bombs. At least Lewis can kick long and high and he's better defensively also. Wakeham has shown already he has more spark than Cogger. If Pay persists with Cogger ahead of Wakeham or Lewis when available and Foran returns it's just further proof he hasn't got the brains to be a coach

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
I like Lewis and would rather him than Cogger but he has no running game. Wakeham has played 2 or 3 games in reggies and actually did play really well. Wakeham has showed more than Lewis and Cogger combined, if you can’t see that you have no idea about footy.
Sure thing
You have guys calling for Lewis at a centre or lock but some say Lewis has no running game. What the fuck do You think a centre or lock does ? Skip ? They fucking run. A runner doesn't have to be a creative runner like benji. You have back rowers play 6 as solid runners like the old days because the 7 was the creative half. Wasn't long ago Lewis was the next big thing, was only a few weeks back cogger had 2 good games and they started talking him up and now wakeham has a try a and 1 try assist and we have a star in the making. Mediocrity isn't an acceptable standard.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wakeham is a much better kicker than cogger yet it was clear pay coached them to use cogger as first choice kicker as wakeham only got it if cogger was out of position coggers kicking game is super average,foran/wakeham would cause alot of damage but it wont happen under pay

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone reakon Cogger make a good 9?
Think Wakeham and Foran halves pairing see the season out

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Anyone reakon Cogger make a good 9?
Think Wakeham and Foran halves pairing see the season out
Worth a try but in reserve grade. No more of this crap of learning your positional play and craft in first grade.

Valley Viking

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Sure thing

You have guys calling for Lewis at a centre or lock but some say Lewis has no running game. What the fuck do You think a centre or lock does ? Skip ? They fucking run. A runner doesn't have to be a creative runner like benji. You have back rowers play 6 as solid runners like the old days because the 7 was the creative half. Wasn't long ago Lewis was the next big thing, was only a few weeks back cogger had 2 good games and they started talking him up and now wakeham has a try a and 1 try assist and we have a star in the making. Mediocrity isn't an acceptable standard.
Are you going off what people say or do you actually watch the games and form an opinion on your own. If you had watched his games you would’ve seen him get monstered every run he had, you would’ve seen that he has no speed, no step and no agility. I really like Lewis and I think he should’ve been in first grade this whole time, but as a No. 7. I still don’t understand what people see in Cogger and how he jumped in front of Lewis in the pecking order in Pay’s eyes and also in a lot the fans on here eyes. In regards to Wakeham, I’m not looking at his stats or what people say about him. I’m looking at the way he plays the game, the way he seems to have time, the way he engages the line, his pass selection and he has enough of a running game to get him through. Without some sort of running game halves are ineffective as the defence just slides off to stop his support players. This is why I think Wakeham is the better option.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Are you going off what people say or do you actually watch the games and form an opinion on your own. If you had watched his games you would’ve seen him get monstered every run he had, you would’ve seen that he has no speed, no step and no agility. I really like Lewis and I think he should’ve been in first grade this whole time, but as a No. 7. I still don’t understand what people see in Cogger and how he jumped in front of Lewis in the pecking order in Pay’s eyes and also in a lot the fans on here eyes. In regards to Wakeham, I’m not looking at his stats or what people say about him. I’m looking at the way he plays the game, the way he seems to have time, the way he engages the line, his pass selection and he has enough of a running game to get him through. Without some sort of running game halves are ineffective as the defence just slides off to stop his support players. This is why I think Wakeham is the better option.
Lewis is a busy type player. He needs to touch the ball on both sides of the ruck , not stuck in a corridor over playing his hand. He isn't a long term answer, cogger isnt either and wakeham way well be but currently Lewis n Foz are our best option to win games. We need to avoid the spoon , every game should be all out for a win not building towards next year. We need wins and worry about next yr next yr.