First Aid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Your Mum

Jorgie
Reaction score
Whos trained?

How long was your training when you did it?

Whats the worst incident you've ever had to treat?

I'm doing mine AGAIN tommorow and its been changed since i did it two years ago. Its now a one day course but they expect you to study the 150 page book, then complete the workbooklet for it prior to attending the practical day.

DJ1

Ninjadillo
Reaction score
Me

1 day. (completed refresher 2 times)

Car meets motorbike accidents are the worst.

rogueflare

popeye
Reaction score
Got Advanced first aid, so im allowed to use the defib machine and administer oxygen... yay me :grinning:

Worst accident that required me to use my first aid training... i was at work using the soldering iron when i flicked the iron to get some solder off the tip, and it landed on my arm... i had a blister :(

Training was 3 days.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Whos trained?

How long was your training when you did it?

Whats the worst incident you've ever had to treat?

I'm doing mine AGAIN tommorow and its been changed since i did it two years ago. Its now a one day course but they expect you to study the 150 page book, then complete the workbooklet for it prior to attending the practical day.
You need 16/20 in a multiple choice test lol. None of this 150 page stuff.

Sabre V

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Fully trained with some advanced extras due to my time in the SES / Bush fire service.

Worst things I've treated or assisted in were a couple of bad car accidents until the Ambulance arrived.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Did it 10 yrs ago - Need to do a refresh.

Worst = Dude dropped to the ground mid pedestrian crossing and had an epileptic fit in the CBD.

Wahesh

Reaction score
STFU RETARD. Why would i lie about what it is. Im doing my first aid course right now. YOU are not. I'm right. YOU are wrong.
You need 16/20 in a multiple choice test. None of this 150 page stuff :grinning:

Your Mum

Jorgie
Reaction score
You need 16/20 in a multiple choice test. None of this 150 page stuff :grinning:
no you dont. Im going to get tested tommorow after my practical. But the theory is the 150 page book i have been working on all week mr sh1t for brains.

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I did mine in dec last year, Took 1 day and the bloke pretty much gave us the awnsers through the class and had them all written up on the board lol.

~doggie~diva~

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
me.

it took only day, i think most courses do the whole "show up with your boooklet completed or dont turn up at all"

so far, all ive had to treat is a small cut.. with a bandaid.

Wahesh

Reaction score
no you dont. Im going to get tested tommorow after my practical. But the theory is the 150 page book i have been working on all week mr sh1t for brains.
...and how exactly are you going to be testing on the theory?

SaMi..

SaMi..
Reaction score
1day course, did it about 6weeks ago.

28multiple choice questions, you are allowed to get atleast 3incorrect.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
1 day course, did it few yrs back with the security course, lol the bloke just gave us the answers. Sick ****

Wahesh

Reaction score
A work booklet is not exactly a test now is it ;)

Reaction score
Got Advanced first aid, so im allowed to use the defib machine and administer oxygen... yay me :grinning:

anyone can use a defib? there was a 8 yr old boy in chatswood or something that used one!

i've done senior first aid course with st johns twice, 2 day course (only because my old one ran out before i renewed it) and i got taught how to use a defib in the one i did this year HTH :grinning:

S

Snake Jailbird

Abz dude quick look outside Phillip St u might be able to pick up Mrs Maitua.

:whacky:

Status
Not open for further replies.