Fire Up !!

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We've scored 70 points over the last 2 games, and only conceded 16. Potter has worked miracles tbh. Early season we would have been happy just to have won those games, but we flogged two of our rivals.

So fire the fuck up doggiesssss. Yewww. I actually like the timing of the week off. While we're on a roll, we need to improve in several areas, before taking on better teams.

Moey91

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can finally see these boys gel and be there for one another, something that has been missed for a while!

Fuck every doubter, let’s prove to the NRLoL we are a fucking threat and silence all these haters, including the biased commentators

Last edited:

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
One thing I noticed re: tactics, today we kept going down the short side. That compresses their defence to that side, then you get it out wide to the other side quickly to take advantage. I mean it's a simple tactic, but is effective. Basic stuff like this and another one is using Tevita as a decoy. Defenders know they need to gang tackle him, so you can isolate a few and cash in with a short or long ball. They did it today to set up a try or near try?

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
One thing I noticed re: tactics, today we kept going down the short side. That compresses their defence to that side, then you get it out wide to the other side quickly to take advantage. I mean it's a simple tactic, but is effective. Basic stuff like this and another one is using Tevita as a decoy. Defenders know they need to gang tackle him, so you can isolate a few and cash in with a short or long ball. They did it today to set up a try or near try?
JMK used TPJ as a decoy when he scooted out of dummy half and scored.
It gets better next year with decoy runners creating space for the speed me when we get Kikau next year.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just watched the highlights and one thing you love to see, that typifies the determination you want in the team, was Vaughan chasing hard toward our tryline when Tigers made a long break. Sure he ended up being sin binned (he probably did lay on too long after watch again) that may have saved a try and that sort of effort is what you need to be a contender.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
JMK used TPJ as a decoy when he scooted out of dummy half and scored.
It gets better next year with decoy runners creating space for the speed me when we get Kikau next year.
Yeah but the play I was talking about happened much later when we were around their 40m line or something. But the point is the same. When you have guys like Tevita and (next year) Kikau, it's as much about giving them the ball to charge into the defence, as it is to use their presence as a decoy to setup other avenues. You need variety. One thing Potter has clearly taught them, which has been evident in a few areas of our game.