Finucane 4 year 2.5mil deal to sharks

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
4 years at his age? He will 34 but I suppose Gallen did it. Money is in line with I would expect but length of contract is a risk

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I love Finucane… but he’s a Series 2 version of J Jackson… that’s the last thing we need in the pack! Over the moon with TPJ signing… can see him & Duffy causing so much 2nd phase attack in 2022

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What a warhorse he has been, but the way he plays the game he may only be one or two concussions away from having to give the game away. He has been sidelined a few times due to concussion and has been involved with sickening head clashes with team mates and others whilst at Melbourne where he has been allowed to stay on the field and not been subject to concussion test even though the player he has collided with have had to leave the field.

His body has taken quite a bit of punishment overtime and it is debatable that he will see out another four years.

I was sorry to see him leave the Dogs and he has worked hard on his game. Used to have feet for hands and was always good for an error or two...

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Congratulations to him. If there’s a player who’s deserving of a big money deal like this one to round out his career and set himself up it’s certainly Dale Finucane.

Be interesting to see how the body holds up for the 4 year term.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Good on him. He's such a great example for young players in terms of professionalism. It was a shame to lose him but we couldn't/shouldn't re-sign at that price for that duration.

Last edited:

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It was one of many poor calls the club made to let him leave while keeping Tony Williams in the side. And though I don't hold a grudge against him for leaving, I am glad we didn't tie up a large amount of cap space long term given his age.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Never underestimate the really good ones, especially middle forwards as they tend to get better with age. JWH is 32, celebrating his 250th for the club and is still in the top 5 front rowers in the game.

Fitzy will get the best out of a guy like Finucane and vice versa, it's a good get for the Sharks.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Did anyone hear James Graham on big league wrap last night. He was full of praise for Finucane, he said one game George Burgess had been hitting it up and something happened and Finucane... Dale says to Graham man I can't see properly and Graham is like don't worry mate just stay with me.

Absolute warriors and players like this are why we were so successful... Can't think of anyone in the team that has this in them other than Thommo and Jackson