Fifita reveals support for Lodge rehab

Would you allow Lodge back into the NRL?

• Yes. Everyone deserves a second chance.

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • No. He is a fucking animal and he doesnt deserve the priveledge of a lucrative NRL contract.

Votes: 22 75.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I think Lodge should be allowed to play under these conditions-

1. He's never allowed to drink or take drugs while he is in the NRL.

2. 20% of every paycheck goes directly to the victims until he's paid them off.

3. He needs to do charity work

4. It's his last chance.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Under what jurisdiction can a determination relating to an issue that took place in a foreign country involving a national from that country be considered by this country? Can't happen.
The Americans can apply to the Oz court to enforce the judgement here, and therefore bankrupt him if necessary.

But I wouldn't think the Australian court has any power to amend the original ruling.

Last edited:

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Under what jurisdiction can a determination relating to an issue that took place in a foreign country involving a national from that country be considered by this country? Can't happen.
Yes it can.
There is a foreign judgement enforcement act.
The foreign judgement has to be registered in an Australian jurisdiction to be enforceable.
You have to remember that in a lot of nations the courts are not independent, for example China where the courts are just an arm of the Chinese communist party.
This particular Judgement would be registered no question. However I would bet my left nut the amount of punitive damages gets reduced by a lot.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
The Americans can apply to the Oz court to enforce the judgement here, and therefore bankrupt him if necessary.

But I wouldn't think the Australian court has any power to amend the original ruling.
Correct. But the Australian court can amend the damages amount.
There is Commonwealth legislation that allows this.
For good reason because most of these cases are commercial litigation and there are much different insolvency laws between nations.
In the US people can protect their personal assets under chapter 11 and a lot of States in the United States have non recourse lending.
All these factors get taken into account by the Australian court.
Plenty of foreign judgements get set aside.

Anyway the plaintiffs have 7 years (I think) to get the judgement registered in Australia.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
No you have just blurted out rubbish that makes no sense.

Get off the internet and have a break, go for a walk
Just went for my late lunchtime walk. Still think you’re the one talking crap and asking all the wrong questions. ;)

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I only posted this because you said Lodge should have come forward with a payment plan. Here you see he made an attempt, albeit a small offer. And for you to assume it a publicity stunt, that's your opinion lol
No, that’s a legal opinion, as you’d kno if you’d read the story and properly comprehended it. Do you really think the family’s lawyers would have refused an honest and sincere attempt to pay? That’s absurd. They represent their clients interests, they aren’t out to ruin Lodge’s life.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes it can.
There is a foreign judgement enforcement act.
The foreign judgement has to be registered in an Australian jurisdiction to be enforceable.
You have to remember that in a lot of nations the courts are not independent, for example China where the courts are just an arm of the Chinese communist party.
This particular Judgement would be registered no question. However I would bet my left nut the amount of punitive damages gets reduced by a lot.
Possibly but unlikely as the court has to be satisfied that the defendant met the common law requirements which in Lodge's case he has publicly said he knew nothing about the civil case and only found out about the judgement in the media. That being the case it is not enforceable.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The irony of all this is that lodge has pulled this shit in the only house in America where the old man didn't roll out with an AR 15 and hose the fucking idiot into the weeds

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
That is tough, but 1.6 mil? lol
I said before in another post I hope they get awarded every cent of the 1.6 mil and this turd is on the bones of his arse for the rest of his life but after seeing the interview...........I stand by my previous post

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Why is everyone so sensitive? R U OK?
I think you will find that the people having the strongest reaction to this are either parents or people who have a strong moral/ethical compass that's why they are being "sensitive" champ

Malla

Reaction score
No, that’s a legal opinion, as you’d kno if you’d read the story and properly comprehended it. Do you really think the family’s lawyers would have refused an honest and sincere attempt to pay? That’s absurd. They represent their clients interests, they aren’t out to ruin Lodge’s life.
LOL you have no idea.. go for another walk

Malla

Reaction score
I think you will find that the people having the strongest reaction to this are either parents or people who have a strong moral/ethical compass that's why they are being "sensitive" champ
k champ

Malla

Reaction score
I said before in another post I hope they get awarded every cent of the 1.6 mil and this turd is on the bones of his arse for the rest of his life but after seeing the interview...........I stand by my previous post
You've never made a mistake in your life?

Malla

Reaction score
The irony of all this is that lodge has pulled this shit in the only house in America where the old man didn't roll out with an AR 15 and hose the fucking idiot into the weeds
Where's the moral/ethical compass in that? Come on now champion you seem perfect

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
You've never made a mistake in your life?
If your asking if I've ever behaved like this POS no champ
Where's the moral/ethical compass in that? Come on now champion you seem perfect[/QUOTE
Where's the moral/ethical compass in that? Come on now champion you seem perfect
look up the word "Irony" in dictionary and it will all make sense then

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I do believe in second chances, but I don't think for a minute Lodge should be playing at this stage.....it's interesting that the narrative the NRL is pushing seems to be about redemption and accountability and moving on, yet the victims claim they haven't been paid damages yet.
I agree. Im all dor second chances, but his second chance should be playing for a Q Cup team for an above average (the normal average) wage, not a starting NRL contract.
And like you say, the family he terrorised have seen nothing, so why is he so deserving of redemption?

Brizdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.