Fifita reveals support for Lodge rehab

Would you allow Lodge back into the NRL?

• Yes. Everyone deserves a second chance.

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • No. He is a fucking animal and he doesnt deserve the priveledge of a lucrative NRL contract.

Votes: 22 75.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Malla

Reaction score
Why are you being such an enablist dickhead and trying to imply Lodge was hard done by? R UR priorities OK?
Where did I even give an inkling that I was insinuating Lodge was hard done by? All I was wondering was how they came up with the 1.6 mil.

Enablist dickhead lol k

Malla

Reaction score
You trying to say he couldn't have contacted their lawyers and tried to arrange a payment schedule in good faith? Come on man....you're smarter than that.

Also, I believe PTSD and reduced earning capacity are certainly involved in this scenario.

It is a terrible look for the game for Lodge to be walking around saying how remorseful he is without having even attempted to pay those damages.
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/in...broncos-matt-lodge-speak-20180302-p4z2fh.html

"Lodge didn't return to the US for the case and has made an offer to pay a much smaller amount that lawyer Renan Varghese, senior associate at Wigdor LLP, said was insincere and “part of an attempt to garner good publicity”."

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Where did I even give an inkling that I was insinuating Lodge was hard done by? All I was wondering was how they came up with the 1.6 mil.

Enablist dickhead lol k
You didn't just ask how they came up with the figure, you have clearly implied it was too high....over a series of comments, have ignored points others have brought to the discussion and continue to imply he was hard done by....whilst denying you're doing it at the same time. You then made a rude, snarky comment to CD whilst simultaneously making light of mental health problems because he questioned your perspective.

Yep, you're kinda acting like a bit of a dickhead :P

Last edited:

Malla

Reaction score
You didn't just ask how they came up with the figure, you have clearly implied it over a series of comments, have ignored points others have brought to the discussion and continue to imply he was hard done by....whilst denying you're doing it at the same time. You then made a rude, snarky comment to CD whilst simultaneously making light of mental health problems because he questioned your perspective.

Yep, you're kinda acting like a bit of a dickhead :P
wtf are you on about

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/in...broncos-matt-lodge-speak-20180302-p4z2fh.html

"Lodge didn't return to the US for the case and has made an offer to pay a much smaller amount that lawyer Renan Varghese, senior associate at Wigdor LLP, said was insincere and “part of an attempt to garner good publicity”."
A one off offer to pay a small amount rather than a genuine offer to make regular repayments sounds like a publicity stunt to me. He should be making regular repayments by now.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I just hope every forward pack in the nrl smash the fuck out of this vermin week in week out

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Mate I was bullied at school for my disability. The bullies basically got away with it. Accountability is out the window in this day and age.
That fucking sucks, people are *****.

Precise

Kennel Established
Reaction score

Enablist dickhead lol k
Mostly for the kid who will have psychological issues for the rest of he's life? They should settle for a million and Lodge will get he's updated contract in a year or two and half of that every year the NRL should be giving to the victims if they don't want to think it's anymore of a piss take then it already is.

Malla

Reaction score
A one off offer to pay a small amount rather than a genuine offer to make regular repayments sounds like a publicity stunt to me. He should be making regular repayments by now.
I only posted this because you said Lodge should have come forward with a payment plan. Here you see he made an attempt, albeit a small offer. And for you to assume it a publicity stunt, that's your opinion lol

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't even get what the 1.6 million in damages is for lol the furniture etc Lodge smashed? Surely they had insurance
It would mainly be punitive.
The amount is totally over the top.
I wouldn't pay anything yet either unless it is an agreed amount, otherwise the plaintiff will have to make application to an Australian jurisdiction.
100% the Australian court would reduce the amount, still a decent amount but not $1.6 million.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Mostly for the kid who will have psychological issues for the rest of he's life? They should settle for a million and Lodge will get he's updated contract in a year or two and half of that every year the NRL should be giving to the victims if they don't want to think it's anymore of a piss take then it already is.
Thing is they will have to take it to an Australian court to enforce the judgement.
That $1.6 million figure will get reduced substantially maybe by 80% - 90% would be my guess.
What he did was totally wrong but his legal advice would be make a small settlement offer then do nothing.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Good to see the women on league life stick it into Greenberg for the utter farce that the nrls integrity is
Me too. I'm a Greenberg supporter generally but on this he has it 100% wrong. This clown shouldn't be anywhere near a professional league team. He likes footy - great go play for the Warilla Wankers or something. Got no brains - fine there are still other jobs you can do and you can still go to rehab after work. The negative publicity around this issue has no doubt had an impact on potential sponsors, mums and their kids in deciding whether to play/support the game. The Americans will never see any money from this plonker anyway. When is the code going to stop letting these morons drag the game backwards. You can't claim it is a privilege to play NRL and then let grubs play it.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Thing is they will have to take it to an Australian court to enforce the judgement.
That $1.6 million figure will get reduced substantially maybe by 80% - 90% would be my guess.
What he did was totally wrong but his legal advice would be make a small settlement offer then do nothing.
Under what jurisdiction can a determination relating to an issue that took place in a foreign country involving a national from that country be considered by this country? Can't happen.

Malla

Reaction score
It would mainly be punitive.
The amount is totally over the top.
I wouldn't pay anything yet either unless it is an agreed amount, otherwise the plaintiff will have to make application to an Australian jurisdiction.
100% the Australian court would reduce the amount, still a decent amount but not $1.6 million.
Thank you for answering my question!

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They wonder why people are losing interest in this great game! What sort of examples are they trying to set? I know Greenberg is a puppet to his masters, but this has gone beyond pathetic! Redemption or not he should be in jail, and not playing in this great game!

Status
Not open for further replies.