Fifita reveals support for Lodge rehab

Would you allow Lodge back into the NRL?

• Yes. Everyone deserves a second chance.

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • No. He is a fucking animal and he doesnt deserve the priveledge of a lucrative NRL contract.

Votes: 22 75.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
WHO GIVES A FUCK WHAT THIS DOUCHE BAG THINKS ABOUT AN EVEN BIGGER DOUCHE BAG?!!!!!!!!!
Great news article NRL.com. Yet again "reporters" outdoing themselves.
Why the fuck would the NRL associate themselves with this? Lodge should not be playing NRL. I dont give a fuck how sorry he is. And the NRL official website commenting on it as if its a redemption story just goes to show how biased they are towards certain teams like brisbane.
The NRL should write a good story about an NRL player doing something amazing for his local community and not some shit like this.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I do believe in second chances, but I don't think for a minute Lodge should be playing at this stage.....it's interesting that the narrative the NRL is pushing seems to be about redemption and accountability and moving on, yet the victims claim they haven't been paid damages yet.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I do believe in second chances, but I don't think for a minute Lodge should be playing at this stage.....it's interesting that the narrative the NRL is pushing seems to be about redemption and accountability and moving on, yet the victims claim they haven't been paid damages yet.
I believe in second chances too - I also believe in paying your debt to your victims and society first.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I'm not surprised to be honest with you. The Broncos are the baby child of the NRL. They never get disciplined. EVER. Look at all the chances James Roberts has got.

Malla

Reaction score
I don't even get what the 1.6 million in damages is for lol the furniture etc Lodge smashed? Surely they had insurance

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Hearing Wayne Bennett jump to his defence recently was disgusting.

Then again he's a **** as well walking out on his wife of 40+ years and his disabled daughter for his secretary. So scum hang around together.

I'm sure if it was his disabled daughter involved he'd have a different outlook.

Disgusted with Bennett, disgusted with the NRL, and disgusted with the NRMA and every sponsor that stands by and allows this to happen.

He is sorry though, sorry he got caught.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I don't even get what the 1.6 million in damages is for lol the furniture etc Lodge smashed? Surely they had insurance
They were fored to move house, and the damages I believe are split between the family and the backpacker.

One of whom has PTSD as a result of his actions and can no longer work.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Why should their insurance money pay for those damages? Then they'd only have to fork out more money for a new insurance policy. Why should they have to do that out of their own pocket when they are clearly the victims? Not to mention the psychological trauma associated with being attacked, assaulted and threatened in their own home, which was no doubt the primary reason for those damages. The young boy is apparently still traumatised by the incident.

If you don't understand why he was ordered to pay those damages, I think you're sympathising with the wrong person.

Malla

Reaction score
Why should their insurance money pay for those damages? Then they'd only have to fork out more money for a new insurance policy. Why should they have to do that out of their own pocket when they are clearly the victims? Not to mention the psychological trauma associated with being attacked, assaulted and threatened in their own home, which was no doubt the primary reason for those damages. The young boy is apparently still traumatised by the incident.

If you don't understand why he was ordered to pay those damages, I think you're sympathising with the wrong person.
I'm not sympathising with anyone lol but how can you put a price on psychological trauma? What's the difference between 1.6 mil and 160k? I don't understand how they came up with that figure, that's all I was asking.

Relax your sax lol

Malla

Reaction score
They were fored to move house, and the damages I believe are split between the family and the backpacker.

One of whom has PTSD as a result of his actions and can no longer work.
They weren't forced to move, they made the choice to move for their boy.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
how can you put a price on psychological trauma?
That's kinda what the courts are for....lol.... and the courts would have had access to more evidence (financial/ psychological reports.......as well as info regarding Lodge's earnings etc) I'm sure all of that would have been factored into the decision.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
When a violent crime was committed against me as a kid i didn't get a cent ffs.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
When a violent crime was committed against me as a kid i didn't get a cent ffs.
Mate I was bullied at school for my disability. The bullies basically got away with it. Accountability is out the window in this day and age.

Malla

Reaction score
That's kinda what the courts are for....lol.... and the courts would have had access to more evidence (financial/ psychological reports.......as well as info regarding Lodge's earnings etc) I'm sure all of that would have been factored into the decision.
As far as I know a standard psychological trauma claim is based on loss of future/potential earnings which is easy to put a $$ on but you can't really do that with a 9 year old boy so the claim would have been compensation for psychological trauma resulting from Lodge's negligence. I just think 1.6mil is steep.

But in saying that, if the civil court judge made the decision based on what Lodge's future earnings will be playing in the NRL then how the hell do you guys expect him to pay them back if he doesnt play in the NRL? lol

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
As far as I know a standard psychological trauma claim is based on loss of future/potential earnings which is easy to put a $$ on but you can't really do that with a 9 year old boy so the claim would have been compensation for psychological trauma resulting from Lodge's negligence. I just think 1.6mil is steep.

But in saying that, if the civil court judge made the decision based on what Lodge's future earnings will be playing in the NRL then how the hell do you guys expect him to pay them back if he doesnt play in the NRL? lol
You trying to say he couldn't have contacted their lawyers and tried to arrange a payment schedule in good faith? Come on man....you're smarter than that.

Also, I believe PTSD and reduced earning capacity are certainly involved in this scenario.

It is a terrible look for the game for Lodge to be walking around saying how remorseful he is without having even attempted to pay those damages.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
I do believe in second chances but the NRL has to be consistent and not favour certain teams.

Malla

Reaction score
You trying to say he couldn't have contacted their lawyers and tried to arrange a payment schedule in good faith? Come on man....you're smarter than that.

Also, I believe PTSD and reduced earning capacity are certainly involved in this scenario.

It is a terrible look for the game for Lodge to be walking around saying how remorseful he is without having even attempted to pay those damages.
He's earning 80k gross a year lol $100 a week for 85 years yeah k lol

I am not condoning what Lodge did, but you do not have the right to say that Lodge's remorsefulness is an act and he hasn't attempted to pay back the damages. You're just an arm chair critic atm. Actually, if you have done any reading on this you would know Lodge's lawyer tried to come to a settlement lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.