Fifita placed in induced coma

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I've always felt that players with ball in hand should be held to the same standard as defenders when it comes to illegal contact. Same goes for in the ruck, defenders are supposed to get off in a timely manner, and can attract 6 again penalties for messing about too much. Same should be true for attempts by the tackled player to prevent the tacklers getting into marker.

Last edited:

astroboy

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
With the NRL being very strict with player safety. To be consistent they would have to take disciplinary action against Klemmer. If Klemmer does not get suspended for that. The NRL is similar with The NSW Government and NSW Health with the dealings with Covid.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I hope he recovers from this.

Did anyone see what happened during the match yesterday?
Apparently the NRL investigating and they have pinpointed a couple of instances where it could have happened but nothing definitive.Could simply be a freak accident but no matter the cause even though he is not well liked it is something that should not happen to anyone. Hope he recovers okay and that the damage is not really serious or lasting.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I don’t care what he has done and all the shit with our club and his mouth at the time. Doesn’t deserve that. He has a family; kids etc. wish him a speedy and complete recovery and be back with his family and on his feet ASAP.

astroboy

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Apparently the NRL investigating and they have pinpointed a couple of instances where it could have happened but nothing definitive.Could simply be a freak accident but no matter the cause even though he is not well liked it is something that should not happen to anyone. Hope he recovers okay and that the damage is not really serious or lasting.
In my opinion, whether it was an accident or with intention it is dangerous. Like if you run with the ball and with high knees and copped the defender in the head, the ball carrier will get penalised and will be suspended from the judiciary.

I did not watch the game but it baffles me that if a player goes down and clearly seriously injured the Video Referee does not look at the incident and notifies the referee. I am pretty sure if that was Luke Thompson or Zack Hetherington they would be penalised and be sent to the sin bin or sent off.

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pretty sad to hear almost became a bulldog too. Speedy recovery even worse not being able to recover at his home too must be tough

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I've always felt that players with ball in hand should be held to the same standard as defenders when it comes to illegal content. Same goes for in the ruck, defenders are supposed to get off in a timely manner, and can attract 6 again penalties for messing about too much. Same should be true for attempts by the tackled player to prevent the tacklers getting into marker.
Too sensible for this backyard league.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Hope he gets through this ok,for his family's sake as much as his own, it'll be a sad end to his career.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Look saw a video of the tackle that they think was the issue and it was pretty much a nothing just a front on sort of shoulder.(First one in the video) In saying that though they have acted on tackles very similar to that one with review from the bunker because the player has stayed down...NRL says no case to answer just a freak accident after looking at any possible incident that may have caused it...

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Look saw a video of the tackle that they think was the issue and it was pretty much a nothing just a front on sort of shoulder.(First one in the video) In saying that though they have acted on tackles very similar to that one with review from the bunker because the player has stayed down...NRL says no case to answer just a freak accident after looking at any possible incident that may have caused it...

Didn't Sam Burgess get weeks for doing this against one of the Morris boys?