Fifita and Frizell

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If they lose Cronk and Crichton thats 2 million they'll free up, Frizell and Fifita wont cost 2 million between them, there will be about 300k there to upgrade one someone like Manu, and by the time its time to upgrade Latrell they will have let go of Bmoz, Hall and going by their history watch for someone like Friend be let go of as well now that they have that other young gun, that'll easily cover Latrell's upgrade.

Im not trying to defend the Roosters but let's take our bias and blue tinted googles off, we wouldn't complain if we were more competent with the cap ourselves. They are ruthless, thats why they can sign big name players, they don't hold any loyalty to anyone and that's how they've been able to construct the team they have.
Two million??? So by your account there are THREE players at the Roosters who were/ are on 1 million, Cronk, Tedesco, Crichton. Then take into account Keary who is on reportedly 750k, JWH, Cordner,Tupou,Morris, Hall, Mitchell, Aubusson, Manu and the other 18 players that make up their top 30. Aubusson has re-signed, Flanagan is on the way.

I do agree that they don't look at loyalty in any way and they use up a player and when it suits them they simply get rid of them and then sign the next best thing.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
When the roosters sign superstars they get them 2 at a time .
Yea it’s bloody ridiculous. The day will come when they fall from grace again though. It has to happen, and when it does it will be soo beautiful to witness..!

Have to think about it though, all their success started big time when sbw went there. So imagine what he could do for us :-) just throwing it out there...!!

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Two million??? So by your account there are THREE players at the Roosters who were/ are on 1 million, Cronk, Tedesco, Crichton. Then take into account Keary who is on reportedly 750k, JWH, Cordner,Tupou,Morris, Hall, Mitchell, Aubusson, Manu and the other 18 players that make up their top 30. Aubusson has re-signed, Flanagan is on the way.

I do agree that they don't look at loyalty in any way and they use up a player and when it suits them they simply get rid of them and then sign the next best thing.
Sorry my bad apparently the deal is around 700k but still I hate having to come across that im defending the Roosters but most on here take it to far, look at their roster:

Tedesco - $1m
Cronk - $1m
Keary - 750k
Crichton - 700k
Cordner - 700k
JWH - 600K
Freind- 600k
Bmoz - 450k
Aubusson - 450k
Tupou - 400k
Mitchell - 450k
Manu - 300k (When he signed his contract he was about 15 games into his career)

This comes to about $7.3m and thats before you consider TPA's and the 200k long service allowance as well as incentives that aren't counted towards the cap. This will leave you with close to 2.2 million to cover the other players.

Are they over the cap? Maybe but its not as drastic as people go on and on about.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Sorry my bad apparently the deal is around 700k but still I hate having to come across that im defending the Roosters but most on here take it to far, look at their roster:

Tedesco - $1m
Cronk - $1m
Keary - 750k
Crichton - 700k
Cordner - 700k
JWH - 600K
Freind- 600k
Bmoz - 450k
Aubusson - 450k
Tupou - 400k
Mitchell - 450k

This comes to about $7.3m and thats before you consider TPA's and the 200k long service allowance as well as incentives that aren't counted towards the cap. This will leave you with close to 2.2 million to cover the other players.

Are they over the cap? Maybe but its not as drastic as people go on and on about.
So is he on 1m or 700k you spastic. And 2.2 is 120k per player for the rest.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So is he on 1m or 700k you spastic. And 2.2 is 120k per player for the rest.
Not sure if you have trouble reading but I clearly corrected my mistake at the very start. It's a lot more than 2.2 because I only factored in 100k-200k worth of TPA's, where it's probably double that and their remaining cap space would be closer to $2.5m. The remaining cap space also isn't split evenly between the remaining players, obviously you'll have some players on the absolute minimum and others earning a bit more.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Not sure if you have trouble reading but I clearly corrected my mistake at the very start. It's a lot more than 2.2 because I only factored in 100k-200k worth of TPA's, where it's probably double that and their remaining cap space would be closer to $2.5m. The remaining cap space also isn't split evenly between the remaining players, obviously you'll have some players on the absolute minimum and others earning a bit more.
Mate do the math you forgot players like Brett Morris and Ryan hall. Go to school you fool

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Mate do the math you forgot players like Brett Morris and Ryan hall. Go to school you fool
Ahahahaha again, you're wrong.... look at the list, Morris is on there. I think you're the one that needs to head back to school.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What has happened to Critchon? Did he pick up some sort of injury which has affected his form or was he just overrated? Cam Murray has overtaken him..

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Tedesco - $1m
Cronk - $1m
Keary - 750k
Crichton - 700k
Cordner - 700k
JWH - 600K
Freind- 600k
Bmoz - 450k
Aubusson - 450k
Tupou - 400k
Mitchell - 450k

Sorry, I forgot everyone else in their top 30 plays for minimum contracts. How silly of me.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What has happened to Critchon? Did he pick up some sort of injury which has affected his form or was he just overrated? Cam Murray has overtaken him..
Over Rated big time, wasn't worth half of the pay cheque. They'll have a hard time off loading him without paying plenty of Coin

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ahahahaha again, you're wrong.... look at the list, Morris is on there. I think you're the one that needs to head back to school.
What about hall? you are leaving 120k each for 18 players u goose.... Ryan hall being one of them. Is it school holidays?

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What about hall? you are leaving 120k each for 18 players u goose.... Ryan hall being one of them. Is it school holidays?
How fucking thick are you mate, do you not understand the concepts of TPA's etc.

I didn't think I'd have to break it down for a dummy but considering I've got a bit of time on my hands I'll go through the remaining 18 players.

1. Asu Kepaoa
2. Bernard Lewis
3. Billy Smith
4. Drew Hutchinson
5. Lachlan Lam
6. Matt Ikuvalu
7. Ryan Hall
8. Egan Butcher
9. Isaac Liu
10. Lindsay Collins
11. Max Bailey
12. Nat Butcher
13. Poasa Faamausili
14. Sam Verrills
15. Siosiua Taukeiaho
16. Sitili Tupouniua
17. Victor Radley
18. Zane Tetevano

15 of those would be on the minimum wage of 105k, that would leave another 225k to be split with the likes of Taukeiaho and I'll say it again, TPA's would free up more room in the cap which would give them the ability to fit in someone like Hall who is a 31 year old winger from England, he isn't going to be on much.

I don't like the Roosters and hope Melbourne beat them this week but some people on here carry on like children without actually understanding what they are talking about.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don't like the Roosters and hope Melbourne beat them this week but some people on here carry on like children without actually understanding what they are talking about.
Agreed.

It has been interesting looking at the numbers you've put together. Based on those, a number of quality players are going to be fielding substantially higher offers in the next year or two. I can't see how the Roosters can keep this team together, and it isn't just a case of losing 1 or 2. On the numbers you have given, Mitchell and Manu are way underpaid, perhaps by as much as $1M between them, though more likely around $750k. Upgrading them alone takes care of most of the money gained from Cronk's retirement. I'm also somewhat amazed that Cordner, the Roosters, NSW, and Australian captain, 80 minute player, isn't on more. Surely a team like the Titans could lure him away for a cool $1M, he'd be great for their team.

Meanwhile, in the minimum pay group, all of these would get more money playing elsewhere, substantially more money; Ikavalu, Liu, N. Butcher, Verrills, Taukeiaho (seriously, minimum wage!?), Tupouniua, Radley (again, seriously!?), Tetevano.

Did Hall really come all the way down under to get paid minimum wage?

Interesting exploration of the numbers. I can start to see why some people are suspicious.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Agreed.

It has been interesting looking at the numbers you've put together. Based on those, a number of quality players are going to be fielding substantially higher offers in the next year or two. I can't see how the Roosters can keep this team together, and it isn't just a case of losing 1 or 2. On the numbers you have given, Mitchell and Manu are way underpaid, perhaps by as much as $1M between them, though more likely around $750k. Upgrading them alone takes care of most of the money gained from Cronk's retirement. I'm also somewhat amazed that Cordner, the Roosters, NSW, and Australian captain, 80 minute player, isn't on more. Surely a team like the Titans could lure him away for a cool $1M, he'd be great for their team.

Meanwhile, in the minimum pay group, all of these would get more money playing elsewhere, substantially more money; Ikavalu, Liu, N. Butcher, Verrills, Taukeiaho (seriously, minimum wage!?), Tupouniua, Radley (again, seriously!?), Tetevano.

Did Hall really come all the way down under to get paid minimum wage?

Interesting exploration of the numbers. I can start to see why some people are suspicious.
No yeah like I said in my very first post in this thread, they may still be over, no one knows if they are or aren't but my point is that some people on here act as if they are millions over.

When Cordner signed his current deal it would've made him the highest paid backrower or at worse the second highest.

Manu signed his current deal a few games into his career and I think im being quite generous even suggesting 300k for Manu. And Latrell was only 30-40 games into his career. Both are due big upgrades and no one is saying otherwise but right now they are still both on their "rookie" deals as such.

Ikavalu, Verills and Tupouniua all signed their last deals before they had made first grade, they'd all be on the minimum. Butcher was 3 games into his career when he signed.

Radley is still playing on his rookie deal as well, his new contract starts from next season.

Hall wouldn't be on the minimum, but he wouldn't be on more than 250-300k.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
No yeah like I said in my very first post in this thread, they may still be over, no one knows if they are or aren't but my point is that some people on here act as if they are millions over.

When Cordner signed his current deal it would've made him the highest paid backrower or at worse the second highest.

Manu signed his current deal a few games into his career and I think im being quite generous even suggesting 300k for Manu. And Latrell was only 30-40 games into his career. Both are due big upgrades and no one is saying otherwise but right now they are still both on their "rookie" deals as such.

Ikavalu, Verills and Tupouniua all signed their last deals before they had made first grade, they'd all be on the minimum. Butcher was 3 games into his career when he signed.

Radley is still playing on his rookie deal as well, his new contract starts from next season.

Hall wouldn't be on the minimum, but he wouldn't be on more than 250-300k.
I appreciate what you say about rookie contracts. You would have to think there is no way they can hang onto all of those players. How much has Radley upgraded to? Who else in their team is getting more money starting Nov 1?

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I appreciate what you say about rookie contracts. You would have to think there is no way they can hang onto all of those players. How much has Radley upgraded to? Who else in their team is getting more money starting Nov 1?
Well for next season I think it's only Radley, by the time they need upgrade Mitchell and Manu at the end of next season they'll have other big name players getting on a bit, Friend is off contract after next season as well as JWH.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
JWH and Friend are currently getting shopped around aren't they?

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
JWH and Friend are currently getting shopped around aren't they?
Friend maybe.. but I don't think they would let JWH go just yet, he's been huge the past few years and still has a few good years left... would be a decent pickup though so hey, let's hope they are