Soccer FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
people have been talking about them as a genuine threat because they are a genuine threat, and things change, spain were never able to click and then they clicked
Belgium's defense isn't that great anymore, they will struggle against the better nations unless one of their younger lads steps up to be a real leader from the back. Also Roberto Martinez struggles coaching the defensive side of the game anyway.

Their midfield looks tasty. I'd go with Onana, Tielemans and KDB. Dendoncker would be a shout instead of Tielemans if they want to be more compact.

Their attack is going to either be a huge success or a huge let down. Lukaku will start up front but the problem is what they can get from the wide players. If Hazard turns up then they could match up with anyone but he has been a shadow of himself for 3 years now. Not many other options, potentially Trossard but he isnt a game changer.

I think they exit in the quarter finals.

They do have a young lad Charles De Ketelaere, who is my prediction to be the break out player of the tournament.

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Anybody seen the Socceroos layers protest message regarding Qatar migrant labour?
Lol yep.

If you really want to take a stand, then boycott the tournament. The whole “we feel so strongly about these issues that we make a video…. But we will still go anyway” makes then look like nothing more than virtual signally tools.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lol yep.

If you really want to take a stand, then boycott the tournament. The whole “we feel so strongly about these issues that we make a video…. But we will still go anyway” makes then look like nothing more than virtual signally tools.
Exactly .

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Thank fuck we won't have another debacle like last World Cup with Optus getting the rights
Again idk details but I assume Foz will be front and centre I like him and used to like Les Murray too RIP, guys who bleed the sport they love.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Pogba out for the World Cup. I think that ruins any chance of them going back to back because they simply dont have the creativity in the squad to replace him.

chemdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Pogba out for the World Cup. I think that ruins any chance of them going back to back because they simply dont have the creativity in the squad to replace him.
nkunku, guendouzi Tchouameni cavaminga all decent replacements for pogba im sure they'll be fine

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
im going to take a shot at that 100/1 bet with england

people act like they are not very good
They will not be able to handle the heat, tbh. In England they consider consistent 30 degree weather a heatwave.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
nkunku, guendouzi Tchouameni cavaminga all decent replacements for pogba im sure they'll be fine
All great players but none of them have the deep playmaking skills Pogba has. Tchouameni and Camavinga I had the opportunity to see play live not long ago and both are elite talents, but even Madrid is looking for a future playmaker to play next to them.

They might be ok though because they have so much firepower in attack.

chemdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
All great players but none of them have the deep playmaking skills Pogba has. Tchouameni and Camavinga I had the opportunity to see play live not long ago and both are elite talents, but even Madrid is looking for a future playmaker to play next to them.

They might be ok though because they have so much firepower in attack.
well having a front 3 of mbappe benzema and dembele/griezman would cause most teams problems. I think the loss of kante would hurt france more than pogba

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
they awarded it and then realised its 50 degrees

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I now have my first bet pencilled in only way I can watch this boring shit :grinning: jokes(sort of)
No upsets in these groups hopefully so I've settled on these four to go top - England, Bargies, Brazil and Netherlands, boosted its only paying appx $4.30 as their all strong favourites in their group.