FIFA want enquiry regarding Nike Boots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
FIFA are seeking enquiries and reports from Nike regarding their range of boots.

It comes as an increase in leg injuries from football players over the past 6 years with foot injuries are being the most common injury followed closely by ankle injury and mainly suffered from players wearing Nike boots.

7 major foot injuries were suffered during the International week and FIFA blames the design and comfort of the Nike boots.

Nike Europe spokeswoman Cornelia Sarosi has admitted that FIFA have been in contact with Nike but believes the Nike Boots are not to blame since players have them custom made to fit and suit their style of football.

"Yes we have been in contact FIFA but I don't think it is really justified to blame Nike for players suffering leg injuries."

"Players have their boots custom made to suit their style and comfort and we have been getting praises from players about our work."

"But injuries happen in sport and I don't you can easily blame the boots for an athlete to suffer leg injuries."

In 2006, Nike have been blamed by managers like Sir Alex Ferguson and Sven Goran-Eriksson after Wayne Rooney suffered a fractured metatsaral just months out before the 2006 World Cup.

FIFA have been receiving complaints from managers about their players suffering serious leg injuries during international football.

"We are looking at a few reports from managers and players who have suffered injuries during international week." a FIFA spokesman said.

"We are not going to blame Nike for player's injuries but we do have a duty of care from all sporting manufacturers regarding meeting standards when designing boots and for us to approve them."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

its a dumb article but an interesting one at the same time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Doga

Father Figure
Reaction score
Nomis or adidas copa mundial are the only boots i would wear

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Nike strike again
Six Premier League stars ruled out with cruciate injuries all wore Nike boots...

The six Premier League stars who suffered devastating cruciate ligament injury blows in the last six weeks were all wearing Nike boots - but that is just an ‘unhappy coincidence’.

On Thursday, it emerged that Liverpool striker Danny Ings had suffered a serious knee injury in training and would be out for the rest of the campaign.
The grim news for new manager Jurgen Klopp came just 24 hours after it was revealed that Reds left back Joe Gomez was also done for the year after suffering an identical injury while on duty with England Under 21s. And the crocked Merseyside pair have company.

In a staggering, costly six weeks, Bournemouth lost promising striker Callum Wilson and £15million worth of new signings in Max Gradel and Tyrone Mings to cruciate ligament tears.

At the opposite end of the country, Newcastle United have been left pondering their goalkeeping options after first-choice Tim Krul picked up a cruciate ligament injury while he was playing against Kazakhstan for Holland and appeared to get his foot stuck in the artificial surface.

Four of the hampered half dozen were wearing Nike's Magista boots, while Ings and Gradel were both in Mercurial Vapor X when disaster struck.

However, experts in football injuries and footwear say it would be wrong to blame the US sportswear giant and that the revelation is merely an 'unhappy coincidence'.

Ben Dinnery, injury data analyst from premierinjuries.com, explained: 'Nothing shouts out that this is a problem with footwear and certainly not Nike.

'In almost all cases there has been some form of coming together, with either the turf or an opponent.'

Dinnery added that some managers who had been severely hit had launched their own probes.

'I know Eddie Howe and Sean Dyche both investigated and they found that the injuries were unavoidable.

'In each case there was an external force. I think at Bournemouth two of the injuries happened in the happened in the same area of the pitch but that was just a coincidence.

'It is all about how the injuries occur.'

A source in the footwear industry echoed Dinnery's comments.

'Injuries are part and parcel off football and they have always occurred,' they said.

'What brand is being worn is a complete coincidence - this has nothing do with the boots.'

Nike declined to comment.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Stupidest shit I have heard.

Something that the NRL would say.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Mate was talking to me about Nike boots today funny enough, they are too light and feel like nothing leading to more rolled ankles easily.

Says most are ditching them for asics and etc because of this, might have truth behind it

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Next time I sit down too fast and squash my giant balls, I'm calling Mossimo and complaining about their underwear.

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
i did my ACL wearing Nike boots...
fucking Nike... bought Adidas and have never looked back..
#truestory

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
real leather boots are the best- buy them half a size smaller and get in a hot bath tub with them on for about 10 mins and they mould to your feet!

nike boots are shithouse

i got errea waterpoorf boots which were the last pair i brought they are awesome

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Lol does reynolds and mbye wear nikes maybe that's why they can't kick lol

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
Did my acl wearing Nike boots aswell lol
i did my ACL about 6 years ago...now every time i strap on new boots and play soccer / oztag i always get this blood blister on my left foot (same leg i did the ACL on)
do u get this too...
no matter what boots i have...i always get this as soon as i run in the boots...
thinking it is the way i run after recovering from the ACL...must be putting unnecessary pressure on that foot or something

jmaamary

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i did my ACL about 6 years ago...now every time i strap on new boots and play soccer / oztag i always get this blood blister on my left foot (same leg i did the ACL on)
do u get this too...
no matter what boots i have...i always get this as soon as i run in the boots...
thinking it is the way i run after recovering from the ACL...must be putting unnecessary pressure on that foot or something
By the sounds of it you are over compensating with your left leg (gun shy from your injury) ... BTW I think the article is a load of BS, it's like saying 6 people who crashed their cars were all driving Toyota's but if they were driving fords they wouldn't have had the accident ... Doesn't take into account conditions, circumstances etc

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Did my acl wearing Nike boots aswell lol
I did mine in a nightclub. I don't remember much about it, except that I was wearing RM Williams boots. That's it, i'm suing RMs.

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
By the sounds of it you are over compensating with your left leg (gun shy from your injury) ... BTW I think the article is a load of BS, it's like saying 6 people who crashed their cars were all driving Toyota's but if they were driving fords they wouldn't have had the accident ... Doesn't take into account conditions, circumstances etc
no idea how to fix that though...i seem to run normally...but being so long ago now..i guess its just something i have to put up with

Status
Not open for further replies.