Ferris

Dogs&Cats

Waterboy
Reaction score
Careful mate, I called him a pie eating fatso at the start of the year and his mum or someone came on and give it to me. Went to great lenghts to tell me what an expert he was and we should be greatful to have him at the club..Just like his boss, his past record matches his current form with the Bulldogs.
No, Brains, the argument I made was that just because he isn’t as svelte as the members of the road crew working out the front of your mums place that you sit behind the blinds using up a a tub of vas and a box of tissues in record time while she has her nap are, does not mean he cannot do his job as a strength and conditioning coach.

With the exception of maybe Melbourne, they are no more fit or unfit that any other side.
But, true to form, you and your mates stay behind your screens giving each other a reach-around, and hang shit on the support staff. Diamond hard you blokes are.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Most of these comments including mine are over the top. There are some things we cannot escape though. We look unfit and underdone. Our forwards are fucking small and don’t dominate the ruck or tackle. Everything we do is low impact.Thank god for the imports King, Vaughan and TPJ otherwise we would be stuck in our 10 metres. We better have the best in the business by october not some bloke that is doing his job. Fuck me what standard is that. We need to be a benchmark in this area. We used to be.

Dogs&Cats

Waterboy
Reaction score
Most of these comments including mine are over the top. There are some things we cannot escape though. We look unfit and underdone. Our forwards are fucking small and don’t dominate the ruck or tackle. Everything we do is low impact.Thank god for the imports King, Vaughan and TPJ otherwise we would be stuck in our 10 metres. We better have the best in the business by october not some bloke that is doing his job. Fuck me what standard is that. We need to be a benchmark in this area. We used to be.
Agreed. The side does not have the cattle that most other sides do. There’s not a single member of that pack that any other sides wanted. Vaughan- unwanted. King-unwanted. Even TPJ was discarded by the Broncos and came to the Dogs because they were the highest bidder. Sure, those three would get jobs elsewhere, but no other club chased them or else they wouldn’t be here.
The side is full of average to below-average footballers, with a couple of good ones thrown into the mix this year.
They aren’t a good enough pack of forwards to be competitive most weeks, but that isn’t because Daniel Ferris’ body isn’t up to the standards set by a couple of members of the Kennel.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Been saying it for a few years now.

Majority of our guys are too small or nuggety types. Not as bad this year with those inclusions you mentioned but look at most other teams. Their forwards are huge with better upper body strength and agility and leg drive (or look it).

Last year I likened it to our midgets trying to bring down Gulliver.

I don't think it's ALL fitness. Physique, wrestling and space between the ears has a lot to do with our inconsistent forwards dominance.

Self belief seems to have improved but that needs 100% commitment and 80 minute effort. We are improving.

Last edited:

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Agreed. The side does not have the cattle that most other sides do. There’s not a single member of that pack that any other sides wanted. Vaughan- unwanted. King-unwanted. Even TPJ was discarded by the Broncos and came to the Dogs because they were the highest bidder. Sure, those three would get jobs elsewhere, but no other club chased them or else they wouldn’t be here.
The side is full of average to below-average footballers, with a couple of good ones thrown into the mix this year.
They aren’t a good enough pack of forwards to be competitive most weeks, but that isn’t because Daniel Ferris’ body isn’t up to the standards set by a couple of members of the Kennel.
Firstly, credit were its due. You are a bit of a wordsmith and your road crew wank jibe is pretty funny, although please keep in mind most of us here on the Kennel are hetrosexual and dont share your personal taste (not that there is anything wrong with that)..

For what its worth, Ferris could be an old bald caant like me and tip they scales at 125kegs like I do and it wouldnt even be a discussion on here, if the results of his work had our team fit for 80 mins every week. They are not and he has had unlimted time and resources to get them there so although you or he might not like it, its his problem.

It is absolutely laughable that you now roll out that its the players fault and we dont have the cattle... LOL

Try Seek.com

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Careful mate, I called him a pie eating fatso at the start of the year and his mum or someone came on and give it to me. Went to great lenghts to tell me what an expert he was and we should be greatful to have him at the club..Just like his boss, his past record matches his current form with the Bulldogs.
LOL hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ok, smart arse band waggoners, how about you go along to a training session and do as much work as Ferris does, then see how long you last, most wouldn't make it to the first drinks break.

Always a Bulldog
I went yesterday and outlasted him.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ok, smart arse band waggoners, how about you go along to a training session and do as much work as Ferris does, then see how long you last, most wouldn't make it to the first drinks break.

Always a Bulldog
So if we do as much work as Ferris does we won't make it to the first drinks break? Doesn't make sense, are you saying he gets trained instead of training others? That's a first.

Once a Twin Turbo, Always a Twin Turbo

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
So if we do as much work as Ferris does we won't make it to the first drinks break? Doesn't make sense, are you saying he gets trained instead of training others? That's a first.
Plainly you need to get along to a training session, all of the trainers do lot of work, plenty of movement and motion, demonstrations, technique correction.

Once a Twin Turbo, Always a Twin Turbo
Obviously I'm occupying too much space in your head, my apologies.

Always a Bulldog

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Plainly you need to get along to a training session, all of the trainers do lot of work, plenty of movement and motion, demonstrations, technique correction.

Obviously I'm occupying too much space in your head, my apologies.

Always a Bulldog
Always a Bulldog