magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Good on him.
Good, smart player for us in his day.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Awesome, talented player. I remember earlier on in his career his mother painted the side of his headgear white so it would stand out. It's a shame he couldn't get a spot in the GF, but that just goes to show how awesome that roster was - and he WAS apart of it - as were Price, Lolesi, Scott, and the others who didn't get to play in the GF.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Extremely underrated player. Well deserved.

Will never forget the charge down try against Parra on Friday night footy.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Awesome, talented player. I remember earlier on in his career his mother painted the side of his headgear white so it would stand out. It's a shame he couldn't get a spot in the GF, but that just goes to show how awesome that roster was - and he WAS apart of it - as were Price, Lolesi, Scott, and the others who didn't get to play in the GF.
Harris played well, but I was gutted Lolesi didn't play in the GF.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Harris played well, but I was gutted Lolesi didn't play in the GF.
Same here. I actually went to the open training session they had prior to the GF (only a handful of people were there) and Jamal was training and running with the team as normal. He had very light wrapping on his ankle, and I even asked him how it was. I still remember he response word for word "Nah no good mate!" - I was gutted as soon as I heard him say that. He was awesome and consistent the entire year up until that injury.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
A few blokes that suprised me when I met them.

Tony Williams (just after he signed with us and before season started) - really quietly spoken for a massive unit.
Martin Taupau (when he was destroying people in his debut year) - really had a lot of time for the fans.
Andrew Ryan - top bloke all round.
Tim Browne - another top bloke with plenty of time for fans.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Extremely underrated player. Well deserved.

Will never forget the charge down try against Parra on Friday night footy.
I remember that game. It was a beauty! I was there in the rain. Bloody Willie Taulau and his butter fingers, coughed up possession in the final minute, parra score in the corner but missed the goal. 20-20 draw. Pre-Golden point days.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I remember that game. It was a beauty! I was there in the rain. Bloody Willie Taulau and his butter fingers, coughed up possession in the final minute, parra score in the corner but missed the goal. 20-20 draw. Pre-Golden point days.
One of the best games.. Dymocks pass off the ground, Trindall taken out of kick chase for a certain sin bin, Hodgson missing the conversion. What a game.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
One of the best games.. Dymocks pass off the ground, Trindall taken out of kick chase for a certain sin bin, Hodgson missing the conversion. What a game.
Yeh, it was a top game. But I think Dymock pasing off the ground was the year before in 2000(Anasta's debut), the 20-20 draw was a year later in 2001.

Jean-Claude Juncker

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yeh, it was a top game. But I think Dymock pasing off the ground was the year before in 2000(Anasta's debut), the 20-20 draw was a year later in 2001.
Dymock went downhill after leaving Canterbury. Too often guilty of overplaying his hand.