Feels like our best players are in the wrong position/role

Burgler

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Looking at our squad, players who have been impressive over the opening rounds probably need to have their role increased or changed for the benefit of the team. I’ve seen others bring up the same view but here’s the breakdown.

Curran.
For mine he’s been our most impressive middle forward along with King. I feel like he’s been viewed as the 13 but why not prop? We got nothing from Knight yesterday and I’d rather Hughes stay on the bench for some impact and try Mann at 13 to play the link role.

Mann
Looks the most likely to create something when he is on the field. I feel Salmon needs to make way as Mann offers more and is a better fit with the lack of spark/speed our spine has.

Kiraz
Needs to be put on the wing. He’s kick returns or hitups play 1-3 are better than any other winger we have. We lack yardage with fox/wilson combo. Tracey has been solid but I want him off the wing.

Tracey
Needs to be off the wing. He looks threatening when he has the ball in hand but he isn’t quick enough to play wing. He got burnt yesterday, although he scored 2 he’s skills are wasted on the wing. Wouldn’t mind seeing him at 7 but with a disrupted preseason push him into centre.

Hutchison
Bloke tries hard but lacks polish and isn’t creative enough. Feels like he’s a yard off where he is meant to be. Feel like another Perham situation. We can’t wait 10-15 rounds to make a change when we can see it after 3.

Probably an unpopular opinion but I would seriously consider looking at Hastings if he is on the outer at Knights. Think he could bring out the best in Burton because he’s not afraid to have a dig at his players. We need a vocal leader in the spine who is willing to take control and be the man. There’s no other veteran options available in short term.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I see a few comments about knight yesterday but he was our best forward for that first 14mins. Not sure why he wasn’t brought back on later but CC and his rotations are on him. Can’t blame Knight for only playing 14 mins

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
We knew this in the preseason and have now wasted 4 weeks going down the wrong road (as predicted)

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I see a few comments about knight yesterday but he was our best forward for that first 14mins. Not sure why he wasn’t brought back on later but CC and his rotations are on him. Can’t blame Knight for only playing 14 mins
his first hit up wasn’t the best lol he got driven back and stopped at the defensive line.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
his first hit up wasn’t the best lol he got driven back and stopped at the defensive line.
Yep but after that he was showing good intent in running the ball and defence.

I was expecting a horror show but he was quite good.