Feeling disconnected

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
on another note, what are we doing with the money we have kept since 2013 for our "Rock star fullback"?

Remember that 236546546345 pages of the "Full back" thread speculating when the club is going to land that Rock star fullback?

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
on another note, what are we doing with the money we have kept since 2013 for our "Rock star fullback"?

Remember that 236546546345 pages of the "Full back" thread speculating when the club is going to land that Rock star fullback?
Yes I remember it well, I think everyone in the nrl was rumoured to be that rockstar..

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
What do you think the board are using the cap money on? Holidays? A new car?
And why does it count on the cap?

Oddest thread I've seen for a while. Must be offseason

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You read my response in the wrong context.. I was being sarcastic when I said a battering ram won best player.. GA45 said klemmer is just a battering ram.. I was pointing out that klemmer won 'best player' so therefore he was ,the most valuable player we had last year , to describe klemmer as just a battering ram is trivialising his worth and I was making light of that via a sarcastic response.

To set the record straight No I'm not a troll.. Ennis was extremely instrumental in our 2014 GF appearance ,without him we went to shit (as witnessed in the 38-6 flogging we got in the gf) ... AND ALSO o be kicked out by the signing of Lichaa ...Nuff said..

As with Damien Cook not being valued and retained doesn't need any explanation .

I believe this board is as out of touch as the last board by not trying to retain Klemmer
yeah you are out of touch if you think they didn't try to retain him. he has been wanting to leave for last 12 months even before Woods arrived.
As far as the extra money from all the players we didn't re-sign, what don't you get about back ended contracts? I think it's the back ended contract that Klemmer accepted that caused the biggest problem. Players have difficulty seeing week to week let alone year to year. playing with Eastwood on 800k for the year and he around 400k, it would make you question your value to the team. just so happens it was Eastwood large backend and Klemmer smaller front that caused it, but Klemmer was getting and 50% more then Eastwood across his contract.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Why couldn't they give Klemmer a pay rise? A couple of hundred K isn't much in the scheme of things
its also not very much in the scheme of things for klemmer, he received the big time money offer

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What plans do the club have with the extra money from Eastwood, bmoz and , jmoz, Woods, Mbye , Reynolds, Graham etc..

Why couldn't they give Klemmer a pay rise? A couple of hundred K isn't much in the scheme of things

I'm starting to think they're lining their own pockets or doing something they shouldn't with the cap money.

Losing confidence and trust with this lot.
You obviously haven’t been paying attention the last year... heavily back ended contracts, paying players to be at other clubs; even with Eastwood Morris boys and Reynolds gone... we still contributing to Mbye and kasiano plus Jackson Hopoate tolman foran and still so klemmer all on back ended deals...

Klemmer on 650,000... that’s what he’s worth, if you want to be paying him close to a mil then you got rocks in your head cause that’s all dogs have been doing, overpaying forwards

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You read my response in the wrong context.. I was being sarcastic when I said a battering ram won best player.. GA45 said klemmer is just a battering ram.. I was pointing out that klemmer won 'best player' so therefore he was ,the most valuable player we had last year , to describe klemmer as just a battering ram is trivialising his worth and I was making light of that via a sarcastic response.

To set the record straight No I'm not a troll.. Ennis was extremely instrumental in our 2014 GF appearance ,without him we went to shit (as witnessed in the 38-6 flogging we got in the gf) ... AND ALSO o be kicked out by the signing of Lichaa ...Nuff said..

As with Damien Cook not being valued and retained doesn't need any explanation .

I believe this board is as out of touch as the last board by not trying to retain Klemmer
This board has not even had the opportunity to start doing what they want to do... they’re still cleaning up the mess.... very silly to criticise this board, if klemmer wants to follow the money then let him leave... we want players to want to play for the club not the money...

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe because they don't think he's worth +$1 million per year and that money might be better spent on the positions we need.

Are you a member of the football club? If not and you really care about the direction of the club fill in a form, get 2 people to second it and have you're right to vote.

Because of Dib and co that's what I did and I'll get to have my say about the board.
He is absolutely not worth 1 million per season. His style of play is way to one dimensional. This is exactly why the club are happy to let him go.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
who gives a fuck if he is 'one dimensional' that's why you have different forwards for different roles... Klemmer makes 200+ meters a game most weeks and consistently has us on the front foot and rolling up field...not to mention it takes 3-4 defenders to bring him to ground.. some teams struggle to create enough attacking opportunities but we are in positions to win pretty much every game, we just did not have the halves to polish it off until Lewis came along

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
They don't think the best player of 2018 is worth more money? If that's the case their logic is just as screwed up as the Dib n Des era.. Letting superstars like Ennis and Cook go
Take the bulldogs goggles off, he certainly wasn't the best player of 2018.

We're playing without a recognised fullback, we're missing a centre, we've got 2 kids on the wing and a dud hooker. There's positions where money is far better spent then topping up a money hungry Klemmer.

As for the players some people can't seem to get passed - yes Cook was an error and I wish he was still playing for us. As for Ennis I couldn't give a fuck about him. He's just as bad as Klemmer, speaks about caring for the club but deserts at the first opportunity.

Kurrupt78

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Still doesn’t warrant a pay packet over 1 mil. No prop is worth that. That’s clutch playing money. Some one that organises. A game manager. Some one who can break a game wide open. Basically a player with ounces of X factor. Klemmer has a heavy work rate and may lay foundations for great field positioning, but there’s a lot of forwards on our team that are capable of doing that. He’s not worth that much!

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
yeah you are out of touch if you think they didn't try to retain him. he has been wanting to leave for last 12 months even before Woods arrived.
As far as the extra money from all the players we didn't re-sign, what don't you get about back ended contracts? I think it's the back ended contract that Klemmer accepted that caused the biggest problem. Players have difficulty seeing week to week let alone year to year. playing with Eastwood on 800k for the year and he around 400k, it would make you question your value to the team. just so happens it was Eastwood large backend and Klemmer smaller front that caused it, but Klemmer was getting and 50% more then Eastwood across his contract.
How do you know that he wanted to leave 12 months ago?

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Take the bulldogs goggles off, he certainly wasn't the best player of 2018.

We're playing without a recognised fullback, we're missing a centre, we've got 2 kids on the wing and a dud hooker. There's positions where money is far better spent then topping up a money hungry Klemmer.

As for the players some people can't seem to get passed - yes Cook was an error and I wish he was still playing for us. As for Ennis I couldn't give a fuck about him. He's just as bad as Klemmer, speaks about caring for the club but deserts at the first opportunity.
No bulldogs goggles here my friend just facts ..klemmer won player of the year 2018

Inform yourself before slagging off players especially our former captain.

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
who gives a fuck if he is 'one dimensional' that's why you have different forwards for different roles... Klemmer makes 200+ meters a game most weeks and consistently has us on the front foot and rolling up field...not to mention it takes 3-4 defenders to bring him to ground.. some teams struggle to create enough attacking opportunities but we are in positions to win pretty much every game, we just did not have the halves to polish it off until Lewis came along
The argument here is he is "Not worth 1 million per season" to simply hit the ball up end of story. Agreed we struggled until Lewis came along, but we hardly struggled without Klemmer in round 21 when we towelled up the broncos. He's not as influential on the teams performance as some people make out.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
And why does it count on the cap?

Oddest thread I've seen for a while. Must be offseason
It's only odd because you haven't understood it.
Everyone is asking where are we spending the cap especially now that almost the whole team has been terminated.

The cap gets replenished every year ,so every year that passes and we don't it spend it on players, it goes somewhere else . Don't try to tell me that we're still over the cap .. We got rid of Graham, Reynolds, woods, mbye, kas, Eastwood, Morris bros and that's just this season alone .. Fuck how naive are you?

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Still doesn’t warrant a pay packet over 1 mil. No prop is worth that. That’s clutch playing money. Some one that organises. A game manager. Some one who can break a game wide open. Basically a player with ounces of X factor. Klemmer has a heavy work rate and may lay foundations for great field positioning, but there’s a lot of forwards on our team that are capable of doing that. He’s not worth that much!
The knights think he's worth it

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You obviously haven’t been paying attention the last year... heavily back ended contracts, paying players to be at other clubs; even with Eastwood Morris boys and Reynolds gone... we still contributing to Mbye and kasiano plus Jackson Hopoate tolman foran and still so klemmer all on back ended deals...

Klemmer on 650,000... that’s what he’s worth, if you want to be paying him close to a mil then you got rocks in your head cause that’s all dogs have been doing, overpaying forwards
You're naive mate

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The argument here is he is "Not worth 1 million per season" to simply hit the ball up end of story. Agreed we struggled until Lewis came along, but we hardly struggled without Klemmer in round 21 when we towelled up the broncos. He's not as influential on the teams performance as some people make out.
True that but with the extra money we have and klemmers dedication and consistency and workload they should give him a pay rise.
It nurtures motivation which spreads through the team

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
What plans do the club have with the extra money from Eastwood, bmoz and , jmoz, Woods, Mbye , Reynolds, Graham etc..

I'm starting to think they're lining their own pockets or doing something they shouldn't with the cap money.

Losing confidence and trust with this lot.
I’m feeling disconnected to something