Favourite regular season try

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
One try that sticks out for me was one I think it was in 03. Against Newcastle on a Sunday arvo at ANZ. We smashed them that day by about 40. One of the last tries. Went left and Harris put Utai away. He came to the fullback and grubbered back inside. Ryan and Mason and Anasta were lining up. Mason dived on it and scored the try. Wasn’t the flashiest try but just showed the hunger that team had. The game was done. We were up by 30. But we had 3 players lining up to score a try.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hutch Maiava (last try) v Eels round 1, 2004 aka SBW debut

Almobro

Gunner
Reaction score
Ben Roberts try vs Broncos, this is when the Roberts hype train officially started.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Barbas try against the Knights. Looked dead for all money and he lands it on his toe, inches from the dead in goal.

Try against the Eels in 2011 with Barba in the corner. Still remember Gus' commentary... "In the air... in the air....IN THE AIIIIR!" It was the same game Hayne and Payne went at it.

There was also a try by Dallas McIllwain in 06 - last game of the regular season. Sherwin set this up from our 30. Dallas just hits this beautiful gap, and runs the length of the field to score. Thing of a beauty, shiftys pass.

The try last year vs the knights with Smith and Holland combining. Absolute peach of a no look pass back on the outside.

JoeyG

Waterboy
Reaction score
An oldy, but still a vivid memory. It's game at Belmore, the Berries are playing the Dragons, I'm just a kid, sitting 2 rows from the front right next to the players box. I see Kevin Ryan look at Johnny Rhodes who's playing on the right wing and give him just the slightest nod. At the next play the ball on the 30 metre line Ryan runs the blind side, with a centre, Johnny Greaves and Rhodes outside him. He draws the Dragons centre and winger, no one man was going to stop Ryan and he flicks a bullet cut out pass across the front of Greaves to Rhodes who skirts the sideline and then burns Langlands (playing fullback) with blistering pace and scores under the posts.

That single play had everything, the master captain coach, playing prop, executing a planned play with his winger, strong arming 2 players and then throwing a short cut out pass to a flying winger. The hair still stands up on the back of my neck just remembering it.

Go Dogs
I remember also,it was on or near our own 25 yard line,great try.
Gee Rhodes could run.