Favourite regular season try

adamsapple

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I liked the failed kick by Reynolds in extra time against Manly at Brookvale. It ran along the ground, through a defender's attempt to stop it with his leg, and ended in the Manly in-goal for Reynolds to run up and pounce on.
It was at anz stadium and sam perret kicked the ball

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How about the one jmoz called taylor from titans to pass to him in-goal. Lol

bulldog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Not my favourite, but still brings a smile to my face when I think of the try Tony Grimaldi scored against Brisbane, Hodges had him isolated in defence and tried to beat him on the inside, Lobster effortlessly tapped the ball out of his grasp and crossed untouched. It's always great to laugh at Hodges and that was almost as funny as his SOO debut to me.

adamsapple

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Not my favourite, but still brings a smile to my face when I think of the try Tony Grimaldi scored against Brisbane, Hodges had him isolated in defence and tried to beat him on the inside, Lobster effortlessly tapped the ball out of his grasp and crossed untouched. It's always great to laugh at Hodges and that was almost as funny as his SOO debut to me.
He stole it off karmicheal hunt that day

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Question is so hard... there was a set of 6 that ended up with a try in our game against Newcastle in 2011.. Sam Kasiano off the kickoff (after half time) absolutely destroyed 3 players, Mickey Pea (Paea) takes the next hit up and does the exact same thing, next play the ball resulted in a shift from side to side with a try in the corner.. we came back from 22-6 at half time to win 32-22 with a bunch of great tries in it.

Watch from 1:45 onwards here:

Janice

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Sorry I’m for an old one. 1975 Dogs v Manly at Belmore. Norm Thomas does a great run then the ball goes through about 13 sets of hand before Keith Harris finishes off with what Rex Mossop called try of the year. Still is the best try ever ( my opinion).

Bozzo

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Barba front flip just before the dead ball line..

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score

This one at 2.10!! Although most tries that game were great
That one is epic. One of Shifty's best ever support plays. Draws in the winger then send Utai into open space :grinning:

My favorites is the Jamahl Lolesi kick to Jamie Feeney vs Knights in 2004 - it was reminiscent of the Steve Gearin try in the 1980 grand final.

adamsapple

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
That one is epic. One of Shifty's best ever support plays. Draws in the winger then send Utai into open space :grinning:

My favorites is the Jamahl Lolesi kick to Jamie Feeney vs Knights in 2004 - it was reminiscent of the Steve Gearin try in the 1980 grand final.
That was against the dragons

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Utai slam.
All others pale in comparison.
It wasn’t so much the try, as the situation. The roosters knew they were paper champs but were desperate to prove they were more.
That try summed up the whole situation. We wanted it more and it meant more to us.
Stuart’s face says it all;

fireclust

Waterboy
Reaction score
The time Ben Roberts showed up Lockyer and scored a try, back in 09 I think. He won MotM that game.

adamsapple

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
O'meley on O'davis in 2004

SBW 80m run and smashing heighinton in 2008

The 3 identical solo tries arana taumata scored for us in his first 3 games

Josh morris try on his debut for us and his first half hattrick against the warriors on hazems farewell that length of the field try after the halftime siren was unbelievable

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The Utai slam against the rorters in 2003 to win the game will always be near the top of my list..

Last edited: