1. Be cool and Register to set your username and display picture get the full features of the site. Talk Bulldogs NRL News, match reviews, live score, ladder, injuries, player signings and team performance.

Favourite regular season try

Discussion in 'Bulldogs Discussion' started by adamsapple, Nov 27, 2018.

1. adamsapple

adamsapple Forum Regular

Since it's the off season and I'm bored share your favourite regular season bulldogs try in the NRL era

Not many people would remember my favourite but it was in 2004 against Newcastle Anasta bombed the ball 40m out the newcastle winger let it bounce and Anasta got the ball and scored off his own kick the reason why I loved that try was because the ref sent it to video ref to see if anasta was onside when he was the kicker himself lol

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. G_Dog_Rota

G_Dog_Rota Super Moderator Staff Member Gilded x2 Premium Member

One of matty Utai's bullocking runs I think it was against the rorters.. narrow short side and just pummelled them with the maori sidestep....

• Like Like x 4
  3. Spoonman84

Spoonman84 Kennel Addict

Utai slam against the rorters in 2003 to win the game!

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. MatstaDogg

MatstaDogg The Bearded Baker Premium Member

:tearsofjoy: @ the ref. What a dickhead!!

I gotta put my thinking cap on as there have been some great tries over the years.

I don't know about it being great but I thought it was at the time. Dogs vs Manly. Scrum on our 20 I think. O'Meley and a Manly player ( i can't remember who right now) start fighting. Everyone runs over to the scrum. Patten picks up the ball and runs all the way to score under the posts. Ref called play on and gives the try. I laugh and we win the game and the fight!!

5. vegny

vegny Forum Regular

Some spectacular tries in 2012. The one vs storm in mackay which barba ran from our in goal and chip kicked to jmoz was really something

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. Malla

Malla *********

Willie Tonga's try v Hodges in 04. Was a regular season game at ANZ, the fend to his face was brilliant left him for dead.

Also more recent one from last season - Reimis Smith's 2 long distance tries v dragons.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. TwinTurbo

TwinTurbo Forum Regular

An oldy, but still a vivid memory. It's game at Belmore, the Berries are playing the Dragons, I'm just a kid, sitting 2 rows from the front right next to the players box. I see Kevin Ryan look at Johnny Rhodes who's playing on the right wing and give him just the slightest nod. At the next play the ball on the 30 metre line Ryan runs the blind side, with a centre, Johnny Greaves and Rhodes outside him. He draws the Dragons centre and winger, no one man was going to stop Ryan and he flicks a bullet cut out pass across the front of Greaves to Rhodes who skirts the sideline and then burns Langlands (playing fullback) with blistering pace and scores under the posts.

That single play had everything, the master captain coach, playing prop, executing a planned play with his winger, strong arming 2 players and then throwing a short cut out pass to a flying winger. The hair still stands up on the back of my neck just remembering it.

Go Dogs

• Like Like x 4
  8. vegny

vegny Forum Regular

Which fend to the face are you talking about? The 3rd or 4th one? Lol

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Malla

Malla *********

Hahahahaaa... what a night that was.

Mid-way through the first half, Tonga gets the ball flat footed... does the usual mini goose step to get on the outside of Hodges, looked over his right shoudler and gave him a little tap, Hodges came again and then he fended him in the face and Hodges was clutching at the air... over for the try.

What a night that was. I remember I went straight from school to the game, caught 2 busses to lidcombe and a train into olympic park. Nothing beats those days

• Like Like x 1
  10. Spoonman84

Spoonman84 Kennel Addict

Shifty scored a ripper try against the Panthers late in 2004 he chipped over the chop caught the ball and passed to SBW who drew the fullback and passed back to Shifty and he scored next to the sticks.

11. Dawain87

Dawain87 Forum Regular

Kasiano scooting from a metre out and beating 4 broncos! lol

kasiano_8y5grogra5091a39joul9dmhc.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  12. ibraham123

ibraham123 Waterboy

This one at 2.10!! Although most tries that game were great

13. dogwhisperer

dogwhisperer Kennel Enthusiast

That would of been awesome to watch

14. Dean_Pay_Makes_me_Gay

Dean_Pay_Makes_me_Gay Hasler_For_PM

2012 our game at mackay, ben barba getting the ball in our ingoal, cops a high shot from smith, steps 3 players and kicks it for J.Moz to score

• Like Like x 1
    • Best Post Best Post x 1
  15. TwinTurbo

TwinTurbo Forum Regular

Some plays you only see them as they happen, this one is special because I knew it was coming, so I could watch it closely, live, right in front of me. Don't get that opportunity very often.

Go Dogs

• Like Like x 2
  16. Samiken

Samiken PIITB

Utai slam

17. jasonsmith11

jasonsmith11 Forum Regular

one sundie arvo willie manson stuck hyis middle finger up to the brookie faithfull after scoring a 4 pointer

18. jasonsmith11

jasonsmith11 Forum Regular

and not a try but that field goal hodko kicked against manly in the semi, i lost my voice

19. Chris Harding

Chris Harding Steam Powered Dog Premium Member

And survived a head high hit from Slater that went under the ref's radar.

20. Chris Harding

Chris Harding Steam Powered Dog Premium Member

I liked the failed kick by Reynolds in extra time against Manly at Brookvale. It ran along the ground, through a defender's attempt to stop it with his leg, and ended in the Manly in-goal for Reynolds to run up and pounce on.

• Like Like x 1