Favourite/Least Favourite Holiday Destination...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lady Emerald

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I haven't been many places but I'm going to Fiji in June staying at Port Denarau and next February I'm going to Goa-India for a wedding. (Indiandog, got any tips for me before I go there?)

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Nasha when are you and Andy going to get back on Facebook, Insta and Snapchat? I'm b b b b b balls deep in that shit right now it's the best lol

It's not like it was before, it's Comedy Central right now
I love you but I refuse to go on social media. The kennel is the closest I'll get lol

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
I haven't been many places but I'm going to Fiji in June staying at Port Denarau and next February I'm going to Goa-India for a wedding. (Indiandog, got any tips for me before I go there?)
Goa is crowded as hell (especially when i went in December) - Well most of India is as you would expect but Goa is crowded with want to be hippy rich people. There is still a decent party scene (not sure if your into your trance and mushrooms and drum playing sessions on the beach) but it is defiantly worth checking out. I'm guessing for a wedding you will be in a nice resort. Try the street food places in North Goa its awesome.

Lady Emerald

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Goa is crowded as hell (especially when i went in December) - Well most of India is as you would expect but Goa is crowded with want to be hippy rich people. There is still a decent party scene (not sure if your into your trance and mushrooms and drum playing sessions on the beach) but it is defiantly worth checking out. I'm guessing for a wedding you will be in a nice resort. Try the street food places in North Goa its awesome.
LOL at least they'll be happy people hahaha. Yeah staying at a resort I'm not sure which one though that I'd have to confirm.
I heard the nightlife is pretty good. I never thought I'd see the day that I'd agree to go to India lol

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
There is still a decent party scene (not sure if your into your trance and mushrooms and drum playing sessions on the beach)
OK now I'm sold lol. Goa trance FTW

Lady Emerald

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK now I'm sold lol. Goa trance FTW
It's hippy Trance...I have no idea how the two fit together lol

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

why you are asking me? i want to go to goa myself.

I have heard when you go to Goa you forget Bali.

PS. learn your Portuguese before you go to Goa, it might come in handy.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Dubai is the best tourist place in the world... hands down.

so much to see, so much to do, simply mind blowing

Lady Emerald

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
why you are asking me? i want to go to goa myself.

I have heard when you go to Goa you forget Bali.

PS. learn your Portuguese before you go to Goa, it might come in handy.
Never been to Bali and not planning to go either.

Portuguese!? TF???

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Never been to Bali and not planning to go either.

Portuguese!? TF???

Goa wasnt part of india till 1988.

Portugese colony, official language in Goa was Portuguese. yep!

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
WOW. Okay I knew Vindaloo was a Portuguese dish but that's new info.

Mind blown.

you will find a lot of anglo indians in Goa , specially the elderly, they are the 3rd /4th generation brits who never ended up going back or the ones who came from portugal.

Portugese is not the official lingo any more.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
you will find a lot of anglo indians in Goa , specially the elderly, they are the 3rd /4th generation brits who never ended up going back or the ones who came from portugal.

Portugese is not the official lingo any more.
I found a lot of Indians in Barcelona. You want to know where they are all working? In those souvenir gift shops - you know like all those Asian $2 shops we have here? That's where they all were working. I actually bought 2 FC Barcelona Jerseys from there and had the name customised on the back it. Dirt cheap and it looks like the real thing - even had the Nike authentication on it lol.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Been to Europe, the US and the Middle East.

It's really hard to choose just one place. Everything has something for me that I love, depending on my mood I guess.

Overall: Athens, Greece. It has everything. History, transport, food, culture, beaches, cheap prices, friendliness, English-speaking. So much better than some of the overrated islands like Mykonos. Mykonos was overpriced, worst transport, donkeys everywhere and too many stupid-ass tourists looking for a quick root. The Mediterranean region overall is my favourite place to visit. Lebanon, Turkey and Greece were some of my favourite places to visit.

Special mentions: Amsterdam, Ibiza, Vegas. Ibiza one of my favourite places in the world to visit for sure.

Least favourite: Brussels was very boring for me. Their main square was a carbon copy of the Marienplatz in Munich. Nothing to do except visit the Tin Tin Museum. Their waffles highly overrated too. The top half of Italy overall wasn't very satisfying for me either. Out of Rome, Venice, Florence, Pisa - Milan was my favourite city in Italy. There's so much to do in Italy, but I wasn't really moved by the place. Maybe Sicily will be more interesting for me to visit...

Most friendly/helpful: Dubai. Believe it. Such a contrast to places like Paris when you get served in a restaurant.
Thanks Btrain

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Fav: Greek Islands

Least fav: Probably L.A. Not that I didn't have a good time, just enjoyed the least out of all places I've been.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I found a lot of Indians in Barcelona. You want to know where they are all working? In those souvenir gift shops - you know like all those Asian $2 shops we have here? That's where they all were working. I actually bought 2 FC Barcelona Jerseys from there and had the name customised on the back it. Dirt cheap and it looks like the real thing - even had the Nike authentication on it lol.

I know a lot of bengalis who own good pizza shops in Italy making pizzas, go figure

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
What's a holiday?
A holiday is a day set aside by custom or by law on which normal activities, especially business or work, are suspended or reduced. Generally, holidays are intended to allow individuals to celebrate or commemorate an event or tradition of cultural or religious significance. Holidays may be designated by governments, religious institutions, or other groups or organizations. The degree to which normal activities are reduced by a holiday may depend on local laws, customs, the type of job being held or even personal choices.

The concept of holidays has most often originated in connection with religious observances. The intention of a holiday was typically to allow individuals to tend to religious duties associated with important dates on the calendar. In most modern societies, however, holidays serve as much of a recreational function as any other weekend days or activities.

In many societies there are important distinctions between holidays designated by governments and holidays designated by religious institutions. For example, in many predominantly Christian nations, government-designed holidays may center on Christian holidays, though non-Christians may instead observe religious holidays associated with their faith. In some cases, a holiday may only be nominally observed. For example, many Jews in the Americas and Europe treat the relatively minor Jewish holiday of Hanukkah as a "working holiday", changing very little of their daily routines for this day.

The word "holiday" has some variance in meaning across different locales. In the United States the word refers to widely observed days of rest and recreation, whereas in the U.K. and many Commonwealth nations including Canada, the word refers to any extended period of recreation. It is this first, more restricted sense of the word that concerns this article.

Status
Not open for further replies.